Students with a motorcycle on a motorcycle! Thais go in for teasing - no one mentions danger!

webfact

5pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that someone on Facebook - who they vaselined out - posted pictures of students on a motorcycle in Ubon Ratchathani in the north east of Thailand. 

The main point of interest was that they also had another motorcycle on the back.

The media said that Thai netizens engaged in a lot of teasing.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Examples of which were: "Oh well, he didn't desert his pal", "careful he doesn't topple over backwards" and "nothing to see here".

No one seemed to mention the potential for danger to other road users or the fact that neither student had bothered to put on a helmet. 

And no one mentioned the police, at least according to Daily News!

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-23

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

No one seemed to mention the potential for danger to other road users or the fact that neither student had bothered to put on a helmet. 

whingers at work again. 

• Like 1

Once, during a long drive, I stopped at a red light on a major cross road intersection in NW Thailand city. A motorcycle scooter Vespa type stopped next to me on the right driven by a young man staring straight ahead. As I turned my head to look I saw a pig standing in the footwell with its front trotters over the handlebars. I gaped and the pig slowly turned its head and looked at me. It was wearing sunglasses and smiled. The lights went to green, horns sounded and it was gone! ????

• Haha 2

And no one mentioned the police, at least according to Daily News!"

Me thinks that the Daily News is out of time.

Since when is wearing a helmet required when you drive a motorbike in Thailand?
As far as I know, a helmet should be kept in the front basket and only put on your head when you near a police boot or a police checkpoint.

What police?
The lazy b..s in their airco boot?
If the police would catch them, they will need to do 20 push-ups and continue their way.

On 3/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Confuscious said:

Since when is wearing a helmet required when you drive a motorbike in Thailand?
As far as I know, a helmet should be kept in the front basket and only put on your head when you near a police boot or a police checkpoint.

Or starts raining.