Thailand approves Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

For me ... the vaccine order is;

1. J&J (one dose, simple, less reactogenicity)
2. Either of the two approved mRNA (Pfizer/Moderna). Reactogenicity sucks but efficacy was highest
3. Sinovac
4. Oxford

My first choice was the one that was available when my appointment came up to get my shot.    As it is, I'm 11 days after my 2nd, so basically in the clear.  Had I held out for availability of a different jab, I'd still be waiting.  And that's in a country that's administered over 100x as many vaccines as Thailand has.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

Already received 2 Moderna shots. Last one 2 weeks ago. No reaction to the first, mild reaction to the second. 60 years old on a low-dose HBP medicine. I would have rather gotten the J&J because of the convenience of the one-shot (had to drive to work (twice) on the weekend to get it) and the proven method. Maybe in 5 years, I'll be 6"0" instead of 5'9"? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joe jadore said:

I agree, LOVE Thailand, but giddy up Government, Thais are struggling to survive, so many shops, business's gone out of business. Way way too slow, buy the darn vaccines and inject everyone, ASAP!

The money they set aside about a year ago is already pocketed by different parties i think because they thought they had everything under controle , now they need to order and they do it by the 100.000's in stead of by millions . 

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

The money they set aside about a year ago is already pocketed by different parties i think because they thought they had everything under controle , now they need to order and they do it by the 100.000's in stead of by millions . 

In the UK they vaccinate 900.000 people a day . Now that's a rate to be proud of . In israel they are done already (ok not such a big country but anywho) time to take action Thailand and don't vaccinate 10 people here 2 there 80 somewhere else what kind of nr's are these C'mon get a grip .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I believe they are sending out questionnaires to determine how much they may need to obtain to meet the demand.  I had one such request from BNH checking to see if I needed a vaccination.  Taking a survey is what they are doing.

is that in place of a committee meeting or two ???? 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:43 PM, snoop1130 said:

It's main vaccine drive is expected to start in June, using locally-produced AstraZeneca shots

Thanks, but no thanks. 
Maybe after 5 years of (emergency use) experimental vaccines human trial data has been collected, analyzed, and published.  Until then, the only vaccination technology I'll accept are those based on long-studied inactivated-virus vaccine technology. 
Everyone else can be willing guinea pigs and lab rats.  I appreciate you all taking the risk for the rest of us especially considering that all the experimental vaccine manufacturers have been fully indemnified by all world governments.  Heck of a deal, huh?  You get vaccinated with an experimental vaccine, get sick or die, it's - "So sad too bad."  But it's "worth it" as we are told by "experts" and government officials.  So thank you.  Your death is "worth it" should you die via experimental vaccine.
No thanks.  Too much risk. 

15 hours ago, pizzachang said:

Inquiring minds would like to know, how will we know the vaccine is a "success", when the published J&J "effectiveness rate", is lower than the natural survival rate?

My understanding is that the J&J vaccine was 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death.  Specifically what rates are you referring to?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Thanks, but no thanks. 
Maybe after 5 years of (emergency use) experimental vaccines human trial data has been collected, analyzed, and published.  Until then, the only vaccination technology I'll accept are those based on long-studied inactivated-virus vaccine technology. 
Everyone else can be willing guinea pigs and lab rats.  I appreciate you all taking the risk for the rest of us especially considering that all the experimental vaccine manufacturers have been fully indemnified by all world governments.  Heck of a deal, huh?  You get vaccinated with an experimental vaccine, get sick or die, it's - "So sad too bad."  But it's "worth it" as we are told by "experts" and government officials.  So thank you.  Your death is "worth it" should you die via experimental vaccine.

No problem, we'll open up the world and get it back to normal for you, just sit back and relax mate, just don't expect to travel abroad for the next 5 years or go to any events that require vaccination certificate.

God forbid it could even become part of the visa process for staying in Thailand in the future. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cdemundo said:

My understanding is that the J&J vaccine was 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death.  Specifically what rates are you referring to?

The published rates of vaccine efficacy. Rarely does an inactivated virus vaccine, result in hospitalization. Of course, there have always been adverse reactions from vaccines, over the years, but in general, the immunity's acquired are mimicking the natural progress. The RNA experiment offers no such assurances. One pharmaceutical company advertised  "92.5 % effective" and another "95...%"  Worldwide, most healthy people don't require "hospitalization". So, much ado about something that has an extremely high survival rate anyway.  [personal experience - my close associate in associate in Alaska, 73 years old, tested weekly as he works in the medical field treating patients (PT) - tested positive, felt ill for 3 days and fully recovered, with the residual minor congestion that is increasingly emerging as the worst viral effect - for 'most people' in the world. The same symptoms, that i myself had and also recovered in 3 or so days, w/ residual congestion]  So, as I stated, it seems apparent that waiting for a traditional vaccine may ell be less risky 'for most humans' other than the ones who have always been at higher risk, no matter what disease they acquire. 

10 hours ago, connda said:

Thanks, but no thanks. 

Shelter in place than buddy . As you won't be travelling anywhere.

12 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

time to take action

It took two weeks to vacinate one person. The PM.

It took four weeks to vaccinate Deputy PM prawit. 

Without a confirmed supply any vaccination plan is just that, a piece of paper, a press release, a press conference.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 6:52 AM, Bkk Brian said:

The J&J vaccine is supplied on a no profit basis same as Astrazeneca but how much that is I have not seen?

The J&J product costs around £7 per dose - or roughly $10. You only need one dose though, so in the end it costs hardly much more than the Oxford-AstraZeneca per course of treatment.

Screenshot_2021_0327_152437.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, pizzachang said:

So, much ado about something that has an extremely high survival rate anyway.  

So you still don't quote the natural survival rate.  The survival rate of the current vaccines is 100%.  Your statement was that the natural rate was better than the rate of the vaccines.  You are stating that no one dies from COVID, that is obviously not true.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 10:53 AM, LNKDES1 said:

Does the cost really matter? I'd just like to have a vaccination card so I'd be able to exit the country in case of a family emergency and be able to return.

it all depends on the price if it matters! for me I don't hsve any urgent matters abroad, my life is here and has been for the last 30 yrs

FWIW, I went to my physician for a monthly visit that treats an inner ear problem. I asked him about Covid vaccines. And at his private hospital, he said they will get J&J and Moderna some time around the middle of the year.