Thai Airways to sell food in 7-Eleven

Jonathan Fairfield

20 to 30 years ago Thai airways food was always generally good on board. With the service dropping off I last flew Thai around 2008 so I would anticipate it only got worse. Now they wish to inundate the entire nation with it. Can't see that selling well but there again their sales and marketing team do leave a lot to be desired. Better selling Thai plastic planes, hats, bags and Tee shirts I would have thought.

• Like 2

Just now, smedly said:

don't you mean 747 lol

if they got rid of the free loaders and the bulk of senior management were disposed of plus an 80% reduction in there top heavy salaries people might actually take them seriously 

Notice the word 'might'.

I doubt there is anything these people s do to rehabilitate themselves. They're Thais, ipso facto this is a foul-up. It's only to be expected. Hi-so and pooyay freeloaders? Entirely consistent with Thai culture. again, only to be expected that the 'something for nothing' brigade will want to get their snouts in the trough.

Hey ho, on to the next lunatic scheme...

• Like 2

I hope they have done a very detailed and accurate cost analysis.

Seems to me without very large daily sales it would be difficult to make a profit.

On the other hand, I wonder if CP foods really wants competition for their own very large and successful sales of prepared/packaged foods. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Notice the word 'might'.

I doubt there is anything these people s do to rehabilitate themselves. They're Thais, ipso facto this is a foul-up. It's only to be expected. Hi-so and pooyay freeloaders? Entirely consistent with Thai culture. again, only to be expected that the 'something for nothing' brigade will want to get their snouts in the trough.

Hey ho, on to the next lunatic scheme...

I won't be surprised if this includes the free loading first class hi-sos who could well continue to demand the freebies because in their view they are entitled regardless of bankruptcy or whatever. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Exactly right, outsource it and then there are no overheads when you’re not flying. This is airline operations science, not rocket science. 

Of couse, that is what they plan to do!

Or does anyone expect them to set up a supply chain from their kitchen in BKK?

It is just a scam.

They will sell the right to use their name - just like all other franchising businesses do, but without strict quality controls.

Not that there would be much quality to be controlled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

Exactly right, outsource it and then there are no overheads when you’re not flying. This is airline operations science, not rocket science. 

Good points and I know that over the years my consulting company in Bkk (and other consultants) suggested to TG that their organization structure was getting out of hand and losing focus, plus overall staff numbers and *management positions out of control and overall not productive.

As mentioned far better to give a contract to an outside caterer (for F&B) and fine them/cancel the contract if they don't meet the agreed goals.

(* For many many years they kept on adding management positions which had no managerial outputs/responsibilities, and had no reporting staff. Trying to discuss this with their seniors quickly revealed that they were hoping nobody would notice.)

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

I once bought a pair of triple seats from Lufthansa. In the unbearable bright light of hindsight I should have kept them, and brought the with me when I moved down here, now that I can buy gourmet flight-meals in 7-Eleven, I could pretend to fly around in the big World in spite of Covid-lockdowns...????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Well, that's really going to put them back into profit!

Is this the best idea they can come up with to get out of Administration.

It is no wonder why the Airline is in trouble with such thinking as this.

Very sad.