Lockdown proposed for Bangkok and five other Deep Red zone provinces

snoop1130

52 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Couple that with the fact most rural areas people don't go to the hospital and if gravely ill stay home and are treated by family until death in so many cases. Then no autopsy to show cause and you creat a situation that is hidden as to what's really happening. 

100% correct

30 minutes ago, casey1 said:

Umm I don't think your maths is very good.... india a total train wreck??? um America 325million people 573 thousand covid deaths

india to date 200thousand covid deaths 1.366 billion people... even with under-reporting

it is strongly believed that under-reporting in India could be as much as a factor of 10

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

it is strongly believed that under-reporting in India could be as much as a factor of 10

and we haven't even started comparing like for like. in terms of health systems life expectancies ways of life etc ... my point is India is not the Train Wreck being purported...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casey1 said:

It's a deadly virus. There in lies your problem...... nobody denies Covid is not a deadly virus, but not quite how you are suggesting...

Covid is a deadly virus.... to a very very small specific group of people..... that is fact not fiction

To simply say it is a deadly virus is extremely misleading and hysteria supporting....

I can see where you are coming from, but what if no lockdown, mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing had been in place.........what might the stats look like then? 

• Like 1

Just goes to show masks don't work.

Masks do not protect the wearer. Perhaps n95 a bit but surgical and cloth? I'd argue that touching the mask is more dangerous than wearing nothing from wearer perspective.

Only thing masks are good for is when a person sneezes and for whatever reason they do not cover their mouth their aerosol isn't shot immediately across the area with velocity.

A person breathes with a mask on or off. They effectively exhale the same amount of covid. The only thing a mask can do is deflect and redirect. Masks don't internalize covid.

The only thing more stupid than masks outside is masks in a car with your family. That is sheer idiocy.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 2

Thousands died in US. Hospitals, doctors paid bonuses to list the death as covid. US pushing covid narrative.

Here, opposite was to be employed. No testing, no covid. We're doing a great job keeping covid at bay until 2026 and vaccines arrive for paying customers.

Like this?

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-killed-crash-listed-covid-19-death-raising-doubts-over-health-data-1518994

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

I can see where you are coming from, but what if no lockdown, mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing had been in place.........what might the stats look like then? 

um really ..... do you really believe all that has really made a difference...............NZ had out break in quarantine hotel.... eventually traced to air transfer from when hotel doors were opened and closed to supply meals and the like

rational sense says masks sanitiser etc must make some difference, however I do not believe the end game stats will change very much....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

He should surely be known by his new supreme title of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha-Czar or Uncle C or Big C to most ???? 

Maybe, contrary to what you may think, he is doing the right thing?

• Like 1

Important daily meeting of the CCSA taking place right now.  Results of that meeting will define what's to happen with possible lockdowns and other restrictions to come over the upcoming days and weeks.

Many provincial and local governments are waiting for the outcome of this specific meeting to define local measures to be implemented.

The English version of daily CCSA briefing pertaining to this meeting should be posting online in the next couple of hours on the PR Thai Government facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/

These daily updates of COVID-19 situation by the CCSA in English are usually very detailed and well presented.  They Are conducted by the Deputy Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Natapanu Nopakun and he is an outstanding speaker.

You can view the one from yesterday to see what I mean at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMFuHCDIyOo

It's probably a wise idea to discount commentary you may hear being posted by members of this forum or any other news sources other than the official government source (the CCSA).  Just my opinion ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

If taken to one conclusion, mass testing could be considered "over the top"

I read yesterday, that the Olympic Committee for the upcoming games in Japan has stated that all athletes will be tested every day! This suggests to me that people not infected today could be infected tomorrow or at any time in the immediate or further future.

This brings me to my point:

While more testing here in Thailand would likely reveal more infections, there is a slight problem; One can be tested today with a negative result. Any number could be tested negative but in a few days time some of those previously found negative could become infected. This seems to imply that not only is mass testing difficult, it may have to be forever until the virus is finally killed off or everybody has been vaccinated.

I have an impression that people everywhere that have tested negative, think the problem for them is ( sort of) over, and they therefore become a little complacent.

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

26 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Masks do not protect the wearer. Perhaps n95 a bit but surgical and cloth? I'd argue that touching the mask is more dangerous than wearing nothing from wearer perspective.

Only thing masks are good for is when a person sneezes and for whatever reason they do not cover their mouth their aerosol isn't shot immediately across the area with velocity.

A person breathes with a mask on or off. They effectively exhale the same amount of covid. The only thing a mask can do is deflect and redirect. Masks don't internalize covid.

There's plenty of threads on masks, been discussed to death mate

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Important daily meeting of the CCSA taking place right now.  Results of that meeting will define what's to happen with lockdowns and other restrictions to come.  Many local governments are waiting for the outcome of this specific meeting to define local measures to be implemented.

The English version of daily CCSA briefing pertaining to this meeting should be posting online in the next couple of hours on the PR Thai Government facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/

Wife told me there's an official announcement at 4pm? Lets see

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a lockdown is inevitable. 

But, lets not panic - the numbers in Thailand are still far far less than exist in our home countries. 

That said, the ‘whole numbers’ are somewhat irrelevant and simply depend on the amount of people tested. 

If Thailand were to test 100,000 random cases per day, how many of those would be positive. 

400,000 per day? how many of those?

Testing 3000 people per day who have symptoms or been exposed to someone with symptoms or have tested positive is a highly misleading observation / metric of the true picture of the Covid-19 outbreak in Thailand. 

Of far greater significance is: 

1) Number of People who have died because of Covid-19

2) Number of People in ICU because of Covid-19 (and available beds)

3) Number of serious Covid-19 cases (i.e. Number of people in hospitals requiring treatment for Covid-19)

Thailand still needs to concentrate on getting the Vaccines distributed as quickly as possible. 

True, but the change in the rate of positives to number of tests done is indicative of the spread.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

Thailand needs to take a very close look at India right now were it is so bad that they have completely given up 

Yes indeed things are horrible in India at the present time.   

I believe it's a case of being overwhelmed ,however, rather than giving up

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wife told me there's an official announcement at 4pm? Lets see

CCSA Briefing for today 29 April was just released a few minutes ago:

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/1650811438439768.

The meeting I mentioned in previous post will actually take place at 2pm today, so your wife's prediction to expect an announcement at 4pm is probably correct.

Still though, the daily briefing for today is worth watching and gives a good idea of what to expect in the upcoming announcement.

For those curious, here are today's stat's on COvid-19 that they just released:

1075241434_snapshot_2021-04-29at12_38_09PM.jpg.f3e9295c25b7591a702bad2446b38f7e.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kynikoi said:

The only thing more stupid than masks outside is masks in a car with your family. That is sheer idiocy.

Regardless, it is now law in all but three provinces to wear masks in public (including in your car) as of today, and if you don't you can be fined up to 20,000 baht...so, nothing more need to said.  JUST DO IT!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder if a lockdown goes far enough here?

They should be prevented from leaving the locked down area and entering other provinces.

I live in Hua Hin where many people who live in Bangkok have holiday homes and I have to wonder how many 1000's of Bangkok based Thais will make their way to Hua Hin bringing COVID with them when they come.

Look what happened last time someone with COVID came to Hua Hin from Bangkok - it was reported on this forum earlier today that 90% of the 1034 Hua Hin cases were related to a single event (a concert) attended by at least one infected person who previously visited the Thonglor hotspot in Bangkok.

Keep them out of the provinces!

Quite agree,  restrict travel . I travel by train from Bkk to Hua Hin and return. Never been tested before getting on the. train at Hua Hin or BKK.

2 hours ago, sapson said:

Perhaps someone who really cares about the people? and has a few billion bob could load up the private planes with vaccine from europe and bring back enough for all the Thai people to have the two required doses as a matter of urgency!

Such an intervention and act of concern would ensure his god like status and worship for his remaining years!

Nice thoughts, but wishful thinking even tho there are such people with many billions of DOLLARS...but they aren't ever giving up even ha-baht. 

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

A falang who wants to ban Thais from traveling in Thailand.  hahhaahhahaha

dude, wear a mask, be smart.  do your part.  easy.  

and then you can tell Thais what they can do in their country.  

"and then you can tell Thais what they can do in their country." Yes! Why not? There is a certain faith who keep trying to tell people in whatever country they live in what they can do.

Yeah the experts:  they propose but what does it matter to them? Their high wages at the end of the month is always assured. I hope the government ignores their mad proposals otherwise we'll put these experts in the driver's seat, the government will step aside, and  let these luminaries rule the world

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Yeah and government paid and supported people and businesses, Thailand doing nadda, only talk but no action 

Yes, but Australia has a proper government, elected by the people, and served by very well educated politicians. 

What has Thailand got? I rest my case.

What is with the machines in shops + are they a waste of time ?

Last week in Big C the machine flashes red and sounded an alarm the man carried on in the superstore, no one stopped him  ??

Tuesday popped into 7/11, I was paying and leaving a man entered and it [machine] sounded an alarm and was flashing orange, I waited in the car to see what happens = nothing he did some shopping paid, came out and got into a truck drove off......

Is the correct ?? often wondered before what would happen if your temperature was not OK

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The fact that more than 2,000 new infections have been recorded every day since April 23rd is a clear indication that the existing measures are insufficient to contain the disease, said the general

It’s blatantly obvious that the government is controlling the numbers.

13 hours ago, smedly said:

Thailand needs to take a very close look at India right now were it is so bad that they have completely given up 

PS - last year I predicted on here that India would be a total covid train wreck, I wish I was wrong - horrific  

India = 147 covideads per million

UK = 1 870

France = 1 589

Even if we multiply indian number by TEN... they would still better "do" than Europe.

So again, if the situation is "horrific" in India, a "covid train wreck"... Which word we should use for UK, France, Spain, Italy etc. ?

Enlighten us.

And what about Thailand ?

3 deads per million... since march 2020.

Lockdown, the famous "dark red" color, closing restaurants, and shopping 2 hours earliers... will save us.

For security, we should add an ban on alcohol... Better safe than sorry.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a lockdown is inevitable. 

But, lets not panic - the numbers in Thailand are still far far less than exist in our home countries. 

That said, the ‘whole numbers’ are somewhat irrelevant and simply depend on the amount of people tested. 

If Thailand were to test 100,000 random cases per day, how many of those would be positive. 

400,000 per day? how many of those?

Testing 3000 people per day who have symptoms or been exposed to someone with symptoms or have tested positive is a highly misleading observation / metric of the true picture of the Covid-19 outbreak in Thailand. 

Of far greater significance is: 

1) Number of People who have died because of Covid-19

2) Number of People in ICU because of Covid-19 (and available beds)

3) Number of serious Covid-19 cases (i.e. Number of people in hospitals requiring treatment for Covid-19)

Thailand still needs to concentrate on getting the Vaccines distributed as quickly as possible. 

"If Thailand were to test 100,000 random cases per day, how many of those would be positive. 

400,000 per day? how many of those?"

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused by your post! If you test 100,000 random cases per day, how do you get 400,000 positives?

And "how many of those"  How many of those ...... what?