Course Changed! Government says private sector has no need to order vaccines

webfact

1 hour ago, RayongBudgie said:

Totally  agree. It is about time our embassies stepped in and set up a registration process for all expats. Wonder if a group could be formed to help with putting pressure on respective embassies and governments. 

Many embassies made it very clear about a year ago that its citizens should head back home as there is no guarantee of any government help whilst OS during a pandemic.

• Like 1

I should get a jab, I have PR, work permit and pay tax / social security, but you never know.

They have announced today all foreigners will receive a vaccine, so I wouldn't panic just yet.

In times of crisis who cares whether the vaccine is obtained privately? They should be encouraging private hospitals to do it!

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Venom said:

I agree but with stipulation that foreigners pay for it themselves for the very simple reason that they are not covered under Thai healthcare system.   Private hospitals will be forced to purchase from the government but I believe they will be front of the cue as they will have cash in hand. 

I'm sure that we will have to pay, but then we pay for all our medical treatment. I accept that, but object to the (possible) blatant profiteering that may creep in.

If it is AZ's vaccine (as seems likely) and given that AZ is at least partly a British company, with it's headquarters in the UK, should that come to pass, I may stir things up a bit with them. They are after all supposed to be producing the stuff on a "not for profit basis"!

There are quite a lot of British people here, so we may be listened to if enough of us shout loudly and coherently; certainly more likely to produce a reaction than contacting the Embassy - they will be far too busy pressing their "immaculate chinos" to misquote a laudatory press article from a couple of years back!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

Got an email from Kaiser in Oakland that if I were there they could vaccinate me right now (being over 80 probably matters). CA is having about the same number of new cases per day as is Thailand currently (this surprised me), with 40 million population to Thailand's 70 million. But CA is still having roughly 50 new deaths per day, but it's definitely going down. So if the vaccine delay persists in Thailand, then the only reason to not leave for CA is the difficulty I would encounter returning to BKK, assuming I even wanted to. I yesterday bid goodbye to an American friend who is departing for SoCal mainly to replenish his bank account; he's hoping to return in November.

I got the same email.

The Permanente Medical Group logo Kaiser Permanente logo  

Lea este mensaje en español

COVID-19 vaccines are here for everyone 16 and older.

CHECK AVAILABILITY and SCHEDULE A CONVENIENT COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENT.

As your doctors, we want you to know that getting vaccinated is one of the best ways to move on from this pandemic.

We trust the science. These vaccines are lifesaving. When you get the vaccine, the life you save could be yours. Or it could be someone close to you who won’t become exposed to COVID-19 and risk hospitalization or death because you, and others like you, stopped the spread by getting the vaccine. Do it for yourself, your family, and your community.

Some people are concerned about side effects. That’s understandable. After reviewing the data, it’s clear to us that the risks of the ongoing pandemic are far greater than potential risks posed by the vaccine. We have recommended our own loved ones get vaccinated and we recommend you get vaccinated, too.

As our communities get vaccinated, we'll see less spread of COVID-19 and more ability to get back to the things we love – seeing our friends and families, having a meal out, and enjoying events and gatherings safely.

Make your vaccine appointment online at our COVID-19 vaccine website. We have appointments available at convenient times at our medical centers across Northern California.

We look forward to seeing you there,

Your Care Teams at Kaiser Permanente

Take action:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

So that will be late 2022 I would imagine......and Uncle has just flip-flopped and banned private vaccinations.......time to go home I feel.

Are you sure the prime minister "banned private vaccinations"?

1 minute ago, tonray said:

My GF just got a call from her boss, said her company (a large recognizable retail giant in Thailand) is setting about acquiring vaccines for all employees. Hmmm......

Was your "GF" given that information in those exact words, in English? I am asking because quite often the moeaning of something gets changed in th retelling.

Clearly profit sharing with big pharma is to be restricted to a very very very small nos of those able to control vaccine flow into and in Thailand. Occasionally those lower down disseminate the wrong information and media dissemination needs to be even more centralized.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Was your "GF" given that information in those exact words, in English? I am asking because quite often the moeaning of something gets changed in th retelling.

No...it was in Thai of course...but it has  weight because they just had an incident which I am not able to retell in detail...where the entire staff of one of their establishments was forced into quarantine after exposure and she had to run the new crew for 14 days until the original staff was released.

I'm guessing as this is Thailand the vaccines (probably the better ones) like AZ which are sold at cost will no longer be at cost but made into a profit making exercise & never touch the Gov's books  except the actual cost - the profit will be hidden away in someone's back pocket. Then add on what the hospital thinks it can get away with on top 

Would love to know AZ cost price - but of course not allowed as confidential or so Thai Gov is saying 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s government, through the Thai Chamber of Commerce, said late Wednesday that the private sector and hospital groups have no need to order vaccines on their own as the government would be able to provide for all vaccine needs.

God has spoken.. thou shalt not procure vaccines.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

God has spoken.. thou shalt not procure vaccines.

Yes you are correct, only vaccines can be procured through me, so as i can get my cut.

Thats his thinking.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

I'm guessing as this is Thailand the vaccines (probably the better ones) like AZ which are sold at cost will no longer be at cost but made into a profit making exercise & never touch the Gov's books  except the actual cost - the profit will be hidden away in someone's back pocket. Then add on what the hospital thinks it can get away with on top 

Would love to know AZ cost price - but of course not allowed as confidential or so Thai Gov is saying 

careful with what you wish for....

Another Australian dies after getting Covid vaccine

A Sydney man has died after receiving a coronavirus vaccination.

The man, 71, died after receiving an AstraZeneca vaccine, 7News reported.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/another-australian-dies-after-getting-covid-vaccine-225809967.html

• Thanks 1

Still Yesterday Khaosod Online, 28. Apr 2021, 16:57 hrs:

Private sector. Thank you. "Prayut" opened the way to import vaccines.

„On 28 April, 64 at the Government House, Mr. Suthan Mongkol Suthee, Chairman of the Industrial Council of Thailand Said after discussing the Prime Minister that the Chamber of Commerce has already prepared a vaccination location in Bangkok. There are many places. In the provinces, it uses the mechanism of the Faculty of Industrial Council. And the Banking Association Providing places in the case of necessity“ ,-)

9 minutes ago, sathornlover said:

Still Yesterday Khaosod Online, 28. Apr 2021, 16:57 hrs:

Private sector. Thank you. "Prayut" opened the way to import vaccines.

„On 28 April, 64 at the Government House, Mr. Suthan Mongkol Suthee, Chairman of the Industrial Council of Thailand Said after discussing the Prime Minister that the Chamber of Commerce has already prepared a vaccination location in Bangkok. There are many places. In the provinces, it uses the mechanism of the Faculty of Industrial Council. And the Banking Association Providing places in the case of necessity“ ,-)

....and today

Course Changed! Government says private sector has no need to order vaccines

Good news. 

The government announced today that there is no reason to buy bottled water as there is plenty available in street puddles, canals, and klongs. Those close to the coast can get saltwater for free also. 

Unless of course you are a finicky snob who has more refined taste in what you drink. 

The same applies to vaccines. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Enzian said:

Got an email from Kaiser in Oakland that if I were there they could vaccinate me right now (being over 80 probably matters). CA is having about the same number of new cases per day as is Thailand currently (this surprised me), with 40 million population to Thailand's 70 million. But CA is still having roughly 50 new deaths per day, but it's definitely going down. So if the vaccine delay persists in Thailand, then the only reason to not leave for CA is the difficulty I would encounter returning to BKK, assuming I even wanted to. I yesterday bid goodbye to an American friend who is departing for SoCal mainly to replenish his bank account; he's hoping to return in November.

I got a similar email from Sutter Health in Burlingame yesterday.  My wife and I have been saying that if we had known that the Thai government was going to actively prevent the import of vaccines we would have stuck around in the US for an additional 6 months to get vaccinated.  The Thai government's (mis)handling of this is beyond the pale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phil2407 said:

Try this for size. Shows the cost of various vaccines for various countries.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/951750/what-do-covid-vaccines-cost-who-pays-what

Summary

AZ - UK £2.17, EU £1.56, US £2.90

Pfizer - UK £15, EU £10.60, Israel £22-£34, US £14.27

Moderna - UK £24-£28, EU £13.03, US £10.86

Sputnik - Believed to be under $10

18 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Try this for size. Shows the cost of various vaccines for various countries.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/951750/what-do-covid-vaccines-cost-who-pays-what

Summary

AZ - UK £2.17, EU £1.56, US £2.90

Pfizer - UK £15, EU £10.60, Israel £22-£34, US £14.27

Moderna - UK £24-£28, EU £13.03, US £10.86

Sputnik - Believed to be under $10

There was an article in another publication that stated Siam Bioscience, the maker of AZ in Thailand, has already been paid 600,000,000 baht to start making the AZ. No comment if there are additional per shot charges, and what they are.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

Its clear to me that the great one does not want to help the people..he wants to keep the population hungry and desparate and poor with no intent to get things back on track...what a low life scum bag

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Ok. No one would argue against you, but the other vaccines you want are not available. The Astra Zeneca vaccine that Thailand will rely on has proven effective in the UK and Canada where it has been used under reliable reporting.  

For which many of us would pay now, happily.

• Like 1