Government to work with private sector on vaccine rollout - target to open country next year

webfact

35 minutes ago, tomyami said:

The reason they cant/wont proper start a vaccine program they are trying to select which big businesses are to profit and how the brown envelpes distribution process should proceed

Exactly! And these talks about 'opening next year' are just fairy tales. It will be at least 2023 or later, or maybe (and hopefully) after this government will be down. Anyway, all businesses will be dead by this time with millions of homeless. But who cares?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Partly true, but there's also a narrative to be maintained which takes precedence over everything else, including profits.

Is that the Lord Protector/He-Man Master of the Universe narrative or the Shell game/Judo flip narrative.

what is the use to vaccinate personnel working in a malll. Every body has to get vaccinated. If the people in the mall are vaccinated than I am still in danger for other visitors of the mall who are not vaccinated ...and that are probably more people than the people working in the mall. Besides that is the private sector willing to help the Government , as Prayuth blocked the buying of vaccines by the private sector

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a recent article BDMS group indicated that they're pleading with the government to allow them to purchase vaccines using their long standing relationships with vaccine manufacturers. 

Due to WHO protocols they are unable to do so without a government signature.

But I guess expediting that process would unnecessarilly cut into Siam Bioscience profits, and highlight what a failure the government vaccine program is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Partly true, but there's also a narrative to be maintained which takes precedence over everything else, including profits.

The narrative establishes a monopoly ( except for a little tinkering around the edges for a few hundred thousand doses) so I suggest that profit is very much front and centre!

The narrative is, however rather failing to "gain traction" amongst a  very significant  portion (younger) of the population!

• Like 1

I notice that "migrant workers" will be part of the rollout.

I do spend 95% of every day of every week, plague or no plague, in my library working on my cognitive processes. Will that count?

• Like 1