Over to you crypto fanboys

Susco

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yeah, a huge amount of options and futures expire / expired today. Not sure what time the CME monthly futures expire (last Friday of the month), but I think it's early in the day.

This has the potential to be a massive pivot point and the price retouched a previous 'bottom range' today already....

Already bit of a spike in BTC/USD, probably the pre news effect, soon the Core PCE Price figures are out for the US

Edited by Logosone

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Yeah, a huge amount of options and futures expire / expired today. Not sure what time the CME monthly futures expire (last Friday of the month), but I think it's early in the day.

This has the potential to be a massive pivot point and the price retouched a previous 'bottom range' today already....

Looks like our weatherman is back online.

Question : why you didn't tell us last week what to expect on Friday, when you made your cryptic statement?

Answer: because like a weatherman would say, today we will have sunshine all day, with chances of a lot of rain.

It's still more than an hour before the markets open, so why you not share with us your expert knowledge, and tell us if the end of the day will indicate a further decline or an increase, instead of talking when the cards are on the table already.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

Question : why you didn't tell us last week what to expect on Friday, when you made your cryptic statement?

The answer to that is simple, I have no idea which way the market will move or by how much

I didn't tell you any details about why today is important because I simply don't like you very much.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The answer to that is simple, I have no idea which way the market will move or by how much

I didn't tell you any details about why today is important because I simply don't like you very much.

Well I'm not the only one reading your posts, and like me or not, most probably also not the only one who considers you a troll.

And yes you told us what happens on Friday

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1216989-over-to-you-crypto-fanboys/?do=findComment&comment=16502407

But you want to give the impression that you are the Bitcoin expert on this forum, and award every one who says Bitcoin is a ponzi or a scam, with a laughing emoji, because they must be idiots

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 2

On 5/19/2021 at 8:16 AM, Susco said:

Don't hear much from the fanboys who bought in the last 3 weeks.

Stupid me, they of course all loaded up on ONTX

image.png.8e9e60e5e16b5c1fb886839fec5d41d6.png

Yeh, that's me.  I've been putting off "investing" (Gambling) into this lark for the past year or so.  I've always stated that it will crash the moment I put my money in.

And it has.

Luckily, only lost 20% which I can easily afford to lose.

Still, rather it was up 20%

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

Crypto coins are scam. 

There is no way in hell this is anything but tiktok, Twitter, insta pump and dump scheme for the rich to get richer. 

But do you know why I like it? The markets are open 24/7, the whole world has access to it (a lot a lot of money) and trading is so dirt cheap its even possible to make profit on the downside. 

Disclosure:: "invested in ADA and XLM" 

bro, you invested in wrong coins, should have bought Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, Safemoon Inu, Akita Inu, Zabaku Inu, Green Shiba Inu, Hokkaidu Inu, Chibi Inu, Dogey-Inu, Corgi Inu, and Dogelon of course.

On 5/25/2021 at 2:45 PM, fdsa said:

another day, another billion fake dollars printed:

next stop: $50'000 for 1 BTC

and another shiny new billion of fake "stablecoin" dollars from the Tether team:

Edited by fdsa

I think it is funny when people are quiet as long prices went going up, as well ignorant, but then to try and be funny once there was some price crash. All of those people do not seem to realize that the OG buyers all got in at around 3500-6000 dollars per bitcoin and similar to alt coin prices in 2018 ish.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

All of those people do not seem to realize that the OG buyers all got in at around 3500-6000 dollars per bitcoin and similar to alt coin prices in 2018 ish.

You mean nobody got into Bitcoin at 60K, and was screaming 100K would be the next stop?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

You mean nobody got into Bitcoin at 60K, and was screaming 100K would be the next stop?

Yes there were, a whole new generation of consumers, who were among those screaming all the prior years it was a scam, because the news said so. But none of the people who were in it for the past years already, were buying at these prices, unless it was simply hedging prior profits from alts.

The same sensible people have said for 2-3 months already, that we need to return to 30K at least.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

100k is the next stop, but we have to wait for several months.

50000.jpg.75508f482513827a61b3c0eb8312e274.jpg

↑ ↑ ↑ this is literally me & few of my friends who refused to buy when I advised them many years ago.

some other friends actually bought but sold in 2017-2018 p&d.

Edited by fdsa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fdsa said:

100k is the next stop, but we have to wait for several months.

Or a small year but it will be, a deflationary moment was expected as covid restrictions relieve to then shock us awake with big inflation after USD printers.

If you look at the distribution of wallets and increasing amounts of non-moving bitcoin, it is unavoidable to keep going up. While the price decreases on the short term, fewer bitcoin is available to still change hands on each cycle we been trough and this being nr 4.

Global population wise, to even own 0.001 bitcoin, is relatively a lot, on the long term.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Or a small year but it will be. If you look at the distribution of wallets and increasing amounts of non-moving bitcoin, it is unavoidable to keep going up. While the price decreases on the short term, fewer bitcoin is available to still change hands on each cycle we been trough and this being nr 4.

China are trying to ban crypto mining on the basis that it uses too much electricity.

With Democrats pushing their green new deal it wouldn't take such a jump to think that they might start trying to do something about crypto mining. Maybe not banning it, I don't think the US would ever do such a thing, but increased regulation would probably have a negative effect on prices.

Logosone is shorting it, seems sensible to me.

2 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

China are trying to ban crypto mining on the basis that it uses too much electricity.

This is a repeating story since Bitcoin started to be mined large scale and a non-issue for Bitcoin's future. As fewer bitcoins be changing hands, less transactions take place as the goal is to be a high value digital commodity like gold. Not a new currency. For that we have alt coins.

There were bigger issues Bitcoin needed to overcome than this, just a logistical adventure.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 7:38 PM, Pravda said:

Disclosure:: "invested in ADA and XLM" 

You are missing out on the best one, TRON (TRX). They even are integrated in Samsung protocol phones, work with Opera and own BitTorrent. Real decentralized finance at a fraction of cost, high speed.

If you want a pink unicorn and are willing to sit 5-10 years, you could make a lot. It's undervalued and even did more USDT transactions than Ethereum. Recently also changed to be deflationary.

https://tron.network

Edited by ChaiyaTH

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

But none of the people who were in it for the past years already, were buying at these prices, unless it was simply hedging prior profits from alts.

And you know this how? Do you manage everyone's portfolio?

First of all, if people were not buying at 60K, it would not reach 64K, so definitely people were buying at those prices and have now a 50% loss.

On this forum nobody (except @Heng) will admit that they bought and are now saddled with a loss, but you will see them come out of the woods in droves, in the unlikely case it get way above 60K anytime soon.

The tulips are wilting, dispose of them while you still can

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Susco said:

On this forum nobody (except @Heng) will admit that they bought and are now saddled with a loss, but you will see them come out of the woods in droves, in the unlikely case it get way above 60K anytime soon.

I am up on my crypto allocation in general, but am about 33% down on some of the new positions that I bought into during the recent dip.

But dude, you are literally a walking example of confirmation bias. You regularly trumpet articles that support your views while overlooking anything that does not. More than that, you add materially nothing of substance to this conversation because you either refuse to, or unable to, engage with nuance.

Have asked this before and will ask it again. Specifically what is your background/qualifications and what is your financial track record, that you can claim with such certainty to have an information advantage over everyone else? ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Cipher said:

I am up on my crypto allocation in general, but am about 33% down on some of the new positions that I bought into during the recent dip.

But dude, you are literally a walking example of confirmation bias. You regularly trumpet articles that support your views while overlooking anything that does not. More than that, you add materially nothing of substance to this conversation because you either refuse to, or unable to, engage with nuance.

Have asked this before and will ask it again. Specifically what is your background/qualifications and what is your financial track record, that you can claim with such certainty to have an information advantage over everyone else? ????

This is an internet forum, and in case you missed the definition of it, here is it again.

A website that provides an online exchange of information between people about a particular topic. It provides a venue for questions and answers and may be monitored to keep the content appropriate. Also called a "discussion board" or "discussion group," an Internet forum is similar to an Internet newsgroup (see below), but uses the Web browser for access.

I didn't notice any mention in the forum rules when I signed up, that I needed some qualifications or certain degrees to post or start a topic.

So yes I quote articles that confirm my OPINION, same as you do, but seemingly you can not agree that someone has a different OPINION as you, and everybody is only allowed to quote articles that share your views.

Maybe better you move on if you can't live with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

And you know this how? Do you manage everyone's portfolio?

First of all, if people were not buying at 60K, it would not reach 64K, so definitely people were buying at those prices and have now a 50% loss.

Thanks for the shout out.   Down in alt coins, but still green in bitcoin overall.  Also way ahead in life in general.  ????    

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 5:36 PM, Susco said:

So yes I quote articles that confirm my OPINION, same as you do, but seemingly you can not agree that someone has a different OPINION as you, and everybody is only allowed to quote articles that share your views.

Maybe better you move on if you can't live with that.

I am totally fine with articles that contradict my beliefs. You can't be a great investor without considering the merits of differing views.

What I find difficult to accept is that - prior to now - you've treated your position as de facto correct and have generally refused to engage in any meaningful discussion on why crypto assets may or may not have value.

My intention isn't to be an <deleted> here, and I am sorry if this is harsh. But you are coming across as a bad faith actor, and if you're going to mock people who are going through losses (which is never fun), then I gotta speak up ????‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cipher said:

What I find difficult to accept is that - prior to now - you've treated your position as de facto correct and have generally refused to engage in any meaningful discussion on why crypto assets may or may not have value.

My opinion is that Bitcoin has no intrinsic value, and I have that opinion for many years already, so I don't see any reason why I would change that view.

I have posted that opinion when bitcoin was 20K and also when it was 60K, and unless you can post a credible source, which shows the intrinsic value of any crypto, I will keep comparing them with the tulip mania or a Ponzi scheme.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

BitCoin and many other cryptos have been absolutely trashed in the last few weeks. But still, there are people shouting about how crypto is the future, and a "dip" is just a buying opportunity. To me, it sounds almost like some kind of a cult, and at least a bubble reminiscent of the dot com bubble when even your paperboy and taxi driver were telling you about how much they have made. History has a habit of repeating itself. When others are greedy, you should be cautious. 

Crypto has no intrinsic value. It's like having 100 million dollars in Bellagio chips. Guess what happens when the Bellagio goes bankrupt? You have a few dollars worth of plastic.

But with crypto, not only will you not only have the chips, but there's a very real risk that you'll lose your money to hackers. Anyone who has done well from it, well done, but it was a gamble, and you should not be advising people to do the same.

https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/6-of-the-biggest-crypto-heists-of-all-time/

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

But still, there are people shouting about how crypto is the future, and a "dip" is just a buying opportunity.

Now, I wonder why that is? Could it be that, bear with me as I know this is really really farfetched, every time crypto has taken a dive over the past 13 years, within a rather short timeframe it reaches a new ATH?

Next time you're looking at crypto price data, try switching the timeline to 1 year, or better yet to the asset's entire lifespan. What you'll see might make you understand why certain market participants aren't too fazed by the current correction. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Now, I wonder why that is? Could it be that, bear with me as I know this is really really farfetched, every time crypto has taken a dive over the past 13 years, within a rather short timeframe it reaches a new ATH?

Next time you're looking at crypto price data, try switching the timeline to 1 year, or better yet to the asset's entire lifespan. What you'll see might make you understand why certain market participants aren't too fazed by the current correction. 

So what you're saying is that since the general trend is upwards, it can never go down? 

It's like people in the UK who haven't lived long enough to see a property price crash, so they think it's guaranteed to go up forever.

But at least with a house you can live in it. What can you do with an obscure cryptocurrency?

Edited by BenDeCosta

21 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

BitCoin and many other cryptos have been absolutely trashed in the last few weeks. But still, there are people shouting about how crypto is the future, and a "dip" is just a buying opportunity. To me, it sounds almost like some kind of a cult, and at least a bubble reminiscent of the dot com bubble when even your paperboy and taxi driver were telling you about how much they have made. History has a habit of repeating itself. When others are greedy, you should be cautious. 

Crypto has no intrinsic value. It's like having 100 million dollars in Bellagio chips. Guess what happens when the Bellagio goes bankrupt? You have a few dollars worth of plastic.

But with crypto, not only will you not only have the chips, but there's a very real risk that you'll lose your money to hackers. Anyone who has done well from it, well done, but it was a gamble, and you should not be advising people to do the same.

https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/6-of-the-biggest-crypto-heists-of-all-time/

very well put, but like you said, you are preaching to a cult, and that means logic has nothing to do with it

it's all about belief, from a generation that has no beliefs and don't trust anything in this world, which is the ultimate irony, instead believing in the biggest deceiving scam ever only to "escape" the current reality of "minor" deception created by the previous generation ????

like they said, from the frying pan to... ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

Just now, BenDeCosta said:

So what you're saying is that since the general trend is upwards, it can never go down? 

It's like people in the UK who haven't lived long enough to see a property price crash, so they think it's guaranteed to go up forever.

it's like the COVID-19 virus infection, people believed it would go forever with that exponential curve, except everything has gravity, even cryptos created in the cloud ????

7 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Could it be that, bear with me as I know this is really really farfetched, every time crypto has taken a dive over the past 13 years, within a rather short timeframe it reaches a new ATH?

Short timeframe? 

End of 2017 it was at an all time high of 20K, the next month it went to 10K ( quite some dive) and even went lower in the next almost 3 years

Edited by Susco