Choosing Your TVF User Name

About 20 years ago one of my P6 students explained that the students had trouble pronouncing my name. He asked me if they could shorten it to Mr T, not a problem for me. Four schools and twenty years later it followed me, my Thai family and friends all call me Khun T. Nothing to do with the avatar of BA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Back in the day when I was looking at investing into things as I did such as property and shares, I wanted something more so I looked at buying wedding cars and I purchased a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and remember the very first day that I purchased it.

I was in William Street, Kings Cross driving away from where I purchased it and pulled up at the very first traffics and had my top (convertible) down, it was a sunny day and I was taking it all in. Next thing I heard was someone saying what an ego and I turned my head to the left looking at two guys in a Volkswagen convertible and they were saying what an ego repeatedly and pointing to their VW, I laughed and drove off.

The Roller was booked weekends in, weekends out at $400 an hour with a minimum booking of 4 hours, base to base, and was a great money spinner for the years that I used it for weekend weddings and when I stopped doing that, personalised number plates came out, so I said to myself, you know what, I am going to get me a set of those, hence my user name appears on TVF as it did on the Roller back in the day.

I have to admit, I do have a pretty big ego knowing not many people have owned a Roller, and am pretty sure none on TVF....LOL

I owned the first and only "Roller sheep" in the village but I am still a down to earth guy.

2B8015C2-6F5B-458F-9FE3-C330347E3114.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Mmmmm but could the ATM just be "At The Moment" and of course that could change and you would be dispensed with, also playing to the stereotype....55555

Hiding her husband's PIN number

00D2ADAF-9516-4CB0-ACFF-CE9512BDB943.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

you shouldn't have added the 's'

it's highly annoying, especially now it's under the rest of your username

hopefully this can be resolved soon.

No, he should have used 'it' instead of 'ea'!

There was someone a while back used Tyler Visan. Quite innovative.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

Being a student of culture and history and born in south of Spain, Is my favorite and special User name.

Tartessos or Tartessus, was a semi-mythical harbor city and the surrounding culture on the south coast of the Iberian Peninsula (in modern Andalusia, Spain), at the mouth of the Guadalquivir River. It appears in sources from Greece and the Near East starting during the first millennium BC. Some studies identify this lost culture with the survivors of the mythical Atlantis.

Herodotus, for example, describes it as beyond the Pillars of Heracles (Strait of Gibraltar). Roman authors tend to echo the earlier Greek sources but from around the end of the millennium there are indications that the name Tartessos had fallen out of use and the city may have been lost to flooding, though several authors attempt to identify it with cities of other names in the area. Archaeological discoveries in the region have built up a picture of a more widespread culture, identified as Tartessian.

6E1E03F7-1F04-4079-BCF0-CDED01A01957.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2

When I came to Thailand the first time 12 years ago, I attempted to introduce myself to Thai people using my real name.  They had never heard my real name before and had some difficulty pronouncing it, but it reminded them of Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean.  This happened on many separate, independent introductions.  I guess the movie was popular at the time. So here I am 12 years later 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

charlieh: interesting comment but believe the ATM link to white buffalo is unambiguous ! and no plans to change my skin colour as cannot tan good at all these days ........!

'Buffalo.... ATM'.....

I expect so...????

I really wanted to use Ezra but this name was taken long time ago by someone who hasn't been active for many years now, i would to suggest that given the appropriate length of time of not being active, said user name should be allowed to use by others...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Was born here in Thailand to US parents back during Vietnam.  Grew up in the US, but returned here due to my Job over the years.  So be it, whats in a name, but what we make of it.

as they say in Thailand........... you ain't Lyan

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I really wanted to use Ezra but this name was taken long time ago by someone who hasn't been active for many years now, i would to suggest that given the appropriate length of time of not being active, said user name should be allowed to use by others...

Good call............. I second that..................

Well one thing for sure, i will never forget my username.

I never had any trouble choosing it, as it is my name......... Colin.... neil........####

Why hide behind silly names? As some members do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well one thing for sure, i will never forget my username.

I never had any trouble choosing it, as it is my name......... Colin.... neil........####

Why hide behind silly names? As some members do.

I think most do hide, I do as well, however, personally, it's not a silly name to me, it has meaning to me....From some of the dialogue on here and the internet in general, it's no wonder that many do though...................

• Like 1