Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

webfact

In the mean time so called "democratic" countries charge their own citizens for ASQ and make them wait 6 months to return home with no assistance at all.

If anything hats off to China for how they are looking after its own.

Edited by BestB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slsmith38 said:

I know I am wasting my time with this post but have any of you Sinovac bashers actually had any real dealings with the Chinese, worked with Chinese companies and spent time in China at Chinese manufacturing facilities? I personally have for many years and have a lot of respect for what the Chinese can do well. Have a look at all your belongings and see how many were made in China. You have a perception based on very little factual information. I do not believe the Chinese vaccines are any worse or better than other brands and they did use tried and tested methods in their development – unlike Pfizer and others. Also, please don’t quote efficacy results as all the vaccines were tested under completely different circumstances and stages of the pandemic. I admit it would not be my first choice as it is not yet recognized internationally which makes travel more difficult, but if I could get a Sinovac jab tomorrow I would certainly take it.

No but my next door neighbor is Chinese he managed to escape some 4 years ago I believe him when he tells me what is really going on .My GF is half Chinese and even she won’t have the jab.  I lived and worked in the US for a number of years did I know everything that was going on absolutely not as I said I would rather believe my Chinese neighbour who was born and raised there than someone who lived and worked there for a few years 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

You'd  be  far  better to do  this by telling them you are gay or  trans when seeking  vaccination  as  this seems  to be a higher  priority these days.

What about telling them you are old and obese .

• Haha 1

I know I am wasting my time with this post but have any of you Sinovac bashers

Not just us expats. Look up superstar Chompoo Araya's Sinovac jab and promotion of it on social media. She said she had to do so as most Thais are wary of the Chinese vax, and have been waiting for the Western ones. She agrees that any vax is better than none.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

DPM Anutin Charnvirakul - who earlier this year brokered this deal with the Chinese

I wonder how much he received for being ‘told what to do’ by the Chinese ???

---------

How are all the Chinese across Thailand actually going to receive the vaccine ?

Are they all going to rock up at the Chinese Embassy to receive this vaccine? or will the vaccine be distributed across hospitals and labelled ‘for Chinese citizens only’  ??? or will there be specific vaccination centres set up across the country ???

It will be interesting to see how they go about this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Is this batch of vaccines being distributed at the Chinese Embassy different from the vaccine donated to Thailand by China? 

No, it's watered down with fish sauce.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

Yes, haven't the Chinese done well!  I wouldn't bother to email the British Embassy though -- the UK has enough "virus" problems at home without looking after UK citizens in Thailand -- and probably they would start with their citizens in Spain and France where, no doubt, there are much greater numbers of ex-pats living!

The Chinese have much greater resources than the UK -- did you know, it's a much bigger country than China? Did you also know it has a much larger GDP?

I'm a little surprised that the Chinese are doing this -- in view of the numbers of coronavirus cases in the north and north-east of China -- but perhaps their capacity to manufacture so much sinovac enables them to cope with them also.

Of course, it's all done for the "right" reasons and nothing is about political and economic encroachment/influence within the l.o.s.!

And yes, they also did very well with coronavirus -- it now has spread "from China" to the rest of the world causing countless deaths (in India they aren't bothering to count the dead any more, probably also Brazil), debilitating illness, unemployment, and great financial disorder!  "Surprisingly", the Chinese GDP is doing well!

2 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Not just us expats. Look up superstar Chompoo Araya's Sinovac jab and promotion of it on social media. She said she had to do so as most Thais are wary of the Chinese vax, and have been waiting for the Western ones. She agrees that any vax is better than none.

True

E297D369-EABA-4182-8FFF-8638D547EFB8.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

---------

Are they all going to rock up at the Chinese Embassy to receive this vaccine? or will the vaccine be distributed across hospitals and labelled ‘for Chinese citizens only’  ??? or will there be specific vaccination centres set up across the country ???

They probably boo a few empty 5* hotels for the special guests.

3 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Chinese are faster out of the gate vaccinating their own nationals than Thailand is putting together a live, ongoing vaccination program of its own.

Sheesh...

They are also faster at taking care of their citizens than the US or UK.

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

---------

Yea from that link:

"It seemed apparent after the meeting that Anutin was under pressure from the Chinese to implement a number of measures to help Chinese people, notes Thaivisa. 

Familiar expressions such as "we are brothers of the Chinese" were mentioned as the Chinese appeared to be using tourism as a bargaining chip."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1208765-chinese-set-to-be-first-group-to-benefit-from-electronic-vaccine-passport-travel-bubble/

I know I am wasting my time with this post but have any of you Sinovac bashers actually had any real dealings with the Chinese, worked with Chinese companies and spent time in China at Chinese manufacturing facilities? I personally have for many years and have a lot of respect for what the Chinese can do well. Have a look at all your belongings and see how many were made in China. You have a perception based on very little factual information. I do not believe the Chinese vaccines are any worse or better than other brands and they did use tried and tested methods in their development – unlike Pfizer and others. Also, please don’t quote efficacy results as all the vaccines were tested under completely different circumstances and stages of the pandemic. I admit it would not be my first choice as it is not yet recognized internationally which makes travel more difficult, but if I could get a Sinovac jab tomorrow I would certainly take it.

Me too. I don't want to die by suffocation if it can be avoided. Another thing the Chinese are good at is water supply. Previously lived in a South American Country. My water was supplied by the National Water Authority. Unfortunately, it was extracted from a lake which received sewage from two million people plus commercial waste water from tanneries, abbattoirs, farms and factories. For decades the Water Authority insisted the supply was safe. Finally, a cluster of cancer cases triggered an investigation. Thereafter, we were advised not to consume the water and bottles were delivered free of charge. Various South American water engineers were called in to upgrade the purification plant. They all admitted they couldn't make the water potable. Waterworks engineers from China were asked to help. They designed and built special purification equipment. The water now meets the required standards. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The event comes as many foreigners of different nationalities living in Thailand are asking:

What is our government doing for us? 

Not Americans.  We know our government is just for waging wars and expanding the Empire. 

• Sad 1

Well...... This should really say it all to The Thai Authorities.

But they probably will still not get it..Same as why their profiteering 14 Day vaccine scheme does not work.

The Nation they pander, and are beholden to... Looks after it's own, as to the mess they started in the first place.

Chinese Rak Chinese.... Oh The Irony.

In an earlier report Anutin - also Thailand's health minister - praised the long friendship of the Thais and Chinese. 

More like dictators. They say jump and you ask how high and when can we come down.

not interested in going to Bangkok the hive of covid 19 I would raver the embassy send the Australian vaccine to my local hospital I notice no one is stating how good the Aussie vaccine is it is stated as top stop or what it is called or what price

9 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Not Americans.  We know our government is just for waging wars and expanding the Empire. 

Just booked my appointment.

After "fine tuning" my passport,  I logged in on my new Apple to get the confirmation.

Got my new slippers out of the box and wearing my new jumper, going to grab a nice coffee and on my way to the Mbesy.

I hope I get a real and not a fake vaccine; Fingers crossed

C96CE0BF-6C37-4158-8ACA-8C7FE2EFFA34_4_5005_c.jpeg

FDBDB9D7-4905-4D20-92ED-CBA07BD7AF9C.jpeg

6E097592-5008-4D23-A945-E94E8F15077B.jpeg

96F294D7-307F-4951-8261-E7650FBF2DD8.jpeg

54C3B578-A760-442C-BD12-E1155086A15E.jpeg

• Haha 2