Mass vaccination of Thais and foreigners begins in five provinces next month

webfact

4 hours ago, sambum said:

The Thai government has promised millions of doses of locally produced and imported Covid-19 vaccines before the end of the year.

The aim is to get a first dose into the arms of 70% of the people in Thailand by the end of September. 

So which is it?

The biggest question is when is the second dose going to be administered to 70% of the population... Foreign nations will not be happy about tourists coming here with only 70% at best with only one jab.

I can see many countries starting a ban on certain locations lagging behind.

2 hours ago, Megascott said:

I’ve signed up for the Moderna jab at Bangkok Hospital, scheduled for October, which at the current success rate of the Thai government promises of a vaccine, I just might get vaccinated sooner than most.

How much did they quote you? our local private is taking bookings for moderna at 4k for the 2, thought it was meant to be 3k? Must be inflation!

Im used to being bent over by the Thai government.

So just order the vax and charge me ten times the going rate like you do with other stuff !

I can deal with it .

Just order the vax already !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Megascott said:

I’ve signed up for the Moderna jab at Bangkok Hospital, scheduled for October, which at the current success rate of the Thai government promises of a vaccine, I just might get vaccinated sooner than most.

May I ask at which Bangkok Hospital you could do that and did you need to have a pink ID or something else special ? 2 days ago at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya they did nothing more than presenting their standard message from their homepage and said something about registration from June 7 without being specific for what exactly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Im used to being bent over by the Thai government.

So just order the vax and charge me ten times the going rate like you do with other stuff !

I can deal with it .

Just order the vax already !!

I am with you if they could guarantee a swift delivery of Moderna or Pfizer for our 3 person household. At 10 times the going rate if need be.

• Like 1

Why is that Govt don't know how to use calculators or spreadsheets? To get 70% population injected with 1 jab by end Sept they would have to administer ~380k injections per day, never going to happen in a million years. Where is Govt magically going to get 11.5M vaccines a month? Talk is cheap, they must think Thais are imbeciles to believe this latest fantasy BS from the Govt.

15 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Why is that Govt don't know how to use calculators or spreadsheets? To get 70% population injected with 1 jab by end Sept they would have to administer ~380k injections per day, never going to happen in a million years. Where is Govt magically going to get 11.5M vaccines a month? Talk is cheap, they must think Thais are imbeciles to believe this latest fantasy BS from the Govt.

At a sales booth here in Pattaya they sell fresh orange juice.

220ml for THB 20.-- in a small bottle

1 Liter for THB 150.-- in a bigger bottle.

Does this answer your question ? I always buy 5 bottles of 220ml and even tried to explain this to the sales girl. I got a nice smile. Prices did not change.

Edited by moogradod

20 hours ago, anchadian said:

We're talking 2 doses per person.

What if you've had your initial shot and unable to get the second dose due to an extended wait for the next vaccines?

Exactly the potential problem as you can't trust anything the unelected m///n in charge says, 7 years in power with another 6 on the horizon and remember after the coup he said, only 18 months and we'll be gone.

Edited by Andycoops
Spelling errors.

11 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Myself and several of my expats friends have appointments for the first two weeks in June.

My Thai wife was told she is too young to get her jab yet so we are being treated the same as Thais in the same age group.

Good for you!  And you must have been able to 'jump the queue' since the official registration date is 7 June. You and your friends are the clear exception and not the rule. Where are you? Phuket?

20 minutes ago, pookiki said:

Good for you!  And you must have been able to 'jump the queue' since the official registration date is 7 June. You and your friends are the clear exception and not the rule. Where are you? Phuket?

You've been able to register with your local hospital for some time.  My friend was scheduled for early June several weeks ago.  I'm scheduled for mid June.  Did this without any online registration.  Best to have a Thai speaker do this for you! LOL

21 hours ago, anchadian said:

We're talking 2 doses per person.

What if you've had your initial shot and unable to get the second dose due to an extended wait for the next vaccines?

In Canada they’ve set the time between doses to 4 months so they can get first doses into as many arms as possible. Supplies have been coming in faster than expected so the wait may be reduced to 2-3 months. Half the population has had one dose and even so they don’t expect to get to 70% fully vaccinated until September so that seems an ambitious goal for Thailand. Even so, getting one shot to a large portion of the population is looks very helpful. Daily case rates in most of Canada have been dropping like a stone for the last few weeks.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The aim is to get a first dose into the arms of 70% of the people in Thailand by the end of September.

Thailand seems to promise a lot, then never delivers.

So estimated 70% of the population inoculated by September... that's with only one jab.

nationwide roll-out they said, then next day 5 provinces only.... tourism hot-spots.

Yet July they want to open up for international tourism, I can see a lot of countries banning travel to Thailand, 30% not vaccinated and those who have been lucky only had one jab?

13 hours ago, Em150 said:

Open question - if your place of work offered you and your Thai spouse a first jab each of Sinovac next week, with second jab at the end of next month, would you take it? Free of charge. Not enforced, the decision is yours. Alternative is to try and make your own arrangements ...

Not even if they paid me 75,000 baht per jab. The lowest quality Vax on the planet will never be my choice. Why would it be? 

I will avoid Sinojunk. 

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

You've been able to register with your local hospital for some time.  My friend was scheduled for early June several weeks ago.  I'm scheduled for mid June.  Did this without any online registration.  Best to have a Thai speaker do this for you! LOL

I speak Thai just fine, thank you.  And I have probably been in Thailand a lot longer than you.

As I said, I'm very happy for you.  I guess you are unable to read the numerous posts by expats that do not have the same advantage as you.  Live long and prosper! LOL

16 minutes ago, pookiki said:

I speak Thai just fine, thank you.  And I have probably been in Thailand a lot longer than you.

As I said, I'm very happy for you.  I guess you are unable to read the numerous posts by expats that do not have the same advantage as you.  Live long and prosper! LOL

Calm down.  Never said anything negative towards you.  I don't speak Thai, so wouldn't be able to navigate this without help.  Especially with the forms that needed to be filled out, all in Thai.

Jeez...but yes, I caught a break here.

2 hours ago, pookiki said:

And you must have been able to 'jump the queue' since the official registration date is 7 June.

My wife had me put on the official list about 2 weeks ago. No need for Q jumping. Jabs to start from the list on 7 June. Nurses and hospital staff already done.

• Like 1

Live in Lopburi. Went to a private hospital where an administrator told me they should be getting the Moderna vaccine by December. Maybe October at the earliest. Will start going back every couple of weeks to see about registering. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mick60 said:

Will start going back every couple of weeks to see about registering. 

Why wait?

Different COVID-19 Vaccines

The best COVID-19 vaccine is the first one that is available to you. Do not wait for a specific brand. All currently authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines:

•  
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mick60 said:

Live in Lopburi. Went to a private hospital where an administrator told me they should be getting the Moderna vaccine by December. Maybe October at the earliest. Will start going back every couple of weeks to see about registering. 

A friend was at the big hospital here yesterday.  His long time doc said the same thing.  Exactly the same thing!

On 5/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, colinneil said:

This so called government have made numerous promises over the last six years, but nothing ever materializes, except more hot air.

So does he expect anybody to believe him this time.

I'm STILL waiting for those damned soap operas!

• Haha 1