Former PM Yingluck says junta has failed Thais on 7th anniversary of coup

39 minutes ago, rumak said:

eventually the only way to survive is to be as dishonest as everyone else.   or,  so it seems.

How many amongst us are exceptions to that ? 

Me.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

She is 100 percent correct.  The other issue is with election not until 2023, Uncle Tu will be in power until at least 2030, Thailand is in for a real world of hurt unless the apathy created can be overcome.  The question is how do you fight against a deck he stacked with 250 appointed senators and the backing of a few of the other parties.....By 2030 the entire country will be well underneath the poverty level while the Hi-So's will have gained immense wealth and normal folks will be scrambling just to feed themselves daily......my opinion and view.

and it will be called Chiland.

3 hours ago, fishtank said:

She is of course correct but the Shinawatra mafia where not much better.

Think Thanathorn is the only real  hope, then again most  Thais see  corruption as  part of the normal routine and any replacment   could  well  have the same low standing  morals as the current brigade of  twanks.

1 hour ago, rumak said:

eventually the only way to survive is to be as dishonest as everyone else.   or,  so it seems.

I am definitely NOT advocating dishonesty .     just sayin what i seein

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So she has a facebook page--wonder if she will add me as a friend ????❤️

I have a Hiso heart!

I am tempted to look for her FB page but ... I am currently blocked for 3 days for having posted a clip resulting in copyright violation. Guess I was not clear as to the “fair use” educational point I was wanting to make.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, rumak said:

well,  like every politician or government around the world........ the words they use to get in power always sound so good.     

Another thing many on TV  are often telling others here is to  "listen to the government experts " .   Its just as corrupt in "our home countries"  as it is here .   

Guilty as charged

3 hours ago, Poet said:
4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Exaggerating your importance a bit? 

No. She was Thailand's democratically elected Prime Minister at the time of the coup. She was, indeed, the person who was deposed.

She was not.  Yingluck was removed from office by the Constitutional Court at the beginning of May 2014.  She was replaced by Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan as acting Prime Minister before the coup on the 22nd.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

Psychologists call this the False Consensus Effect. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/002210317790049X

People justify their iffy beahvior as ok "because everyone else is doing it" rater then any reasoned argument,  when in reality, not everyone else is doing it at all. 

It's one of the reasons I don't live in Thailand and only visit, I would have to undertake too many dubious actions that conflict with my mental well being.

Edited by BumGun
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BumGun said:

It's one of the reasons I don't live in Thailand and only visit, I would have to undertake too many dubious actions that conflict with my mental well being.

Butt,  Butt.......... surely living in Thailand has one redeeming action that makes the Western culture look like a sticky mess :     I refer to the mental well being one enjoys when spraying that soul cleansing  Bum Gun !      

Ok....... now let's all dig in to the sticky rice ????????

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I won't even bother yet to explain the broken promises about halting corruption, reforming the RTP, the military and the civil service and the dozens of other promises over the years.

actually,  if those "promises"  were kept I think most people would be fairly happy .

i remember listening to some of his early daily speeches and thinking " wouldn't that be nice" .           I am surprised that I even thought he might actually mean it.  Stupid me

• Like 1

Stocks, OOPS, Sticks and stones can't break our bones when we are in our new army personnel carriers with a new submarine and space rocket coming soon. Also because we have tossed everyone in our way to drown, we can now walk on water. Besides, our loyal MP's can always go to Hi-So clubs and have a girl much younger and prettier than you ever thought you could be. so there, take that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

So with all the unrest, rampant Covid everywhere, poor economy performance and a now it seems a self appointed PM for life, (well, almost) and the THB is still stronger then ever, with no prospect of weakening, how do you explain That?...

You should check the forex charts, matey.

1 hour ago, rumak said:

Butt,  Butt.......... surely living in Thailand has one redeeming action that makes the Western culture look like a sticky mess :     I refer to the mental well being one enjoys when spraying that soul cleansing  Bum Gun !      

Ok....... now let's all dig in to the sticky rice ????????

I think it says a lot about a person who openly admits that their soul is anatomically placed "a little south of the border". ????