5 million doses of Moderna vaccine set for private hospitals in Thailand

webfact

The truth is if they would have asked countries like the US and the UK. They could have now come over and vaccinated Thailand. If they were allowed to vaccinate them at the rates we had here in the US. Thailand could be vaccinated in about 2 months.

Edited by GeorgeEboy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I will let her inject me, any day!

Role  reversal would be far more appropriate ?. 

Just saying ...

Horses  for courses , etc ..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, newnative said:

Not 'set' at all.  More wishful thinking.

Nothing changes , in the Kingdom ..

Expect new  propaganda posting soon

Nothing changes ..

it just gets boring more .. 

Day by day ...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

From the Chiang Mai Ram Facebook Page:

"The private hospital association has now reserved moderna vaccine via pharmacy. Vaccination is expected by October 2564"

What does this actually mean??? Who knows.  I have emailed CM Ram for days and the only I got directly was "we do not know" and use the "MorePrompt".  app.  Absolutely nothing about registration or how a priority list will be created.  Of course no mention of the most important thing: How much?  

This vaccination program in LOS goes above and beyond the boundaries of mixed messaging.  

"boundaries of stupidity" - not as polite, but more truthful

4 hours ago, csmith said:

I have a written confirmed appointment for a free Jab (Astra Zenika) at RAM Hospital Chiangmai on 22 July ….. 

is anyone else getting bored with the on/off misinformation …. Or is it misdirection?

How did you set up that appointment at RAM? I've been reaching out to Bangkok Hospital CM but no specific news yet.

Any news on J& J vaccines? Most of the recent updates have been about Moderna and Pfizer, but haven't heard even vague details on J& J even though they had approval in Thailand before Moderna and Pfizer.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Previous reports suggested that private hospitals would be prepared to give clients two doses for about 3-3,500 baht. 

Not, if they can charge 10,000 baht!

1 hour ago, seesip said:

Any news on J& J vaccines? Most of the recent updates have been about Moderna and Pfizer, but haven't heard even vague details on J& J even though they had approval in Thailand before Moderna and Pfizer.

Some recent news reports -

https://www.cityam.com/denmark-ditches-jj-vaccine-amid-fears-of-rare-but-serious-blood-clots/

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/side-effects-johnson-johnson-vaccine/109505/

http://www.pharmatimes.com/news/j_and_j_covid-19_vaccine_hold_lifted_in_the_us_1368227

It seems there was some hesitancy because of a couple of reports of clotting and it was suspended in the US. That has now been lifted but some other countries (e.g. Denmark, Norway) still won't use it. It must be very frustrating for J&J and production may have been reduced  as there's not much point in making the stuff if customers won't buy it. Hopefully, sense will prevail but don't bet your house on it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vinci said:

why can't they just approved any private  to import any vaccine they wants, why the hold up

Approval would be nice but it's not going to make much of a difference for a good long while if Thailand is standing at the end of the queue.

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

Some recent news reports -

https://www.cityam.com/denmark-ditches-jj-vaccine-amid-fears-of-rare-but-serious-blood-clots/

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/side-effects-johnson-johnson-vaccine/109505/

http://www.pharmatimes.com/news/j_and_j_covid-19_vaccine_hold_lifted_in_the_us_1368227

It seems there was some hesitancy because of a couple of reports of clotting and it was suspended in the US. That has now been lifted but some other countries (e.g. Denmark, Norway) still won't use it. It must be very frustrating for J&J and production may have been reduced  as there's not much point in making the stuff if customers won't buy it. Hopefully, sense will prevail but don't bet your house on it

They aren't making enough of them yet.  Adenovirus vaccines like J&J and AZ are actually fairly new and I guess they haven't perfected large scale manufacturing of them yet.

Also, about 100 million J&J shots are sitting in a US warehouse because the politically connected company that made them may have violated protocols and contaminated them.  So all 100 million might need to be discarded.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/19/emergent-ceo-says-fda-is-holding-over-100-million-of-jj-covid-vaccine-doses-for-further-testing-after-botched-doses.html

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

One thing to keep in mind is that Moderna over promises and under delivers. They simply do not have the supply chain and manufacturing maturity of a Pfizer or J&J.

An example I’m aware of with my 93 year old mother in Canada, they are consistently 1-2 months late on deliveries. It has become a problem now that those vaccinated in the first round with Moderna are coming up on four months (the Canadian specified wait period between vaccines) with no supply available for shot two despite orders that went in many months ago. Talking to family in the EU, it is the same story there. 

So, once you have a delivery date set (which Thailand doesn’t have) you need to handicap by a few months. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Pattaya memorial hospital are taking appointments for the moderna jab in October, apparently, as a friend of mine claims to have got one then.

My friend's doc said they are "guessing" October for the jab.  But admitted it could also be next year.

Moderna just delayed shipments to OZ, Taiwan and Canada. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Pattaya memorial hospital are taking appointments for the moderna jab in October, apparently, as a friend of mine claims to have got one then.

This is hardly reliable information, is it? "Apparently" and "claims to"? I'm registered there too and have received no such info, and would treat it with great scepticism even  if I had.

52 minutes ago, bradiston said:

This is hardly reliable information, is it? "Apparently" and "claims to"? I'm registered there too and have received no such info, and would treat it with great scepticism even  if I had.

My sense is that this is purposely being kept low-key and word-of-mouth as private hospitals don't want to get too far out over their skis by promoting availability too early, and getting in trouble by taking payments/deposits.

You can probaby find a spot, just target the top 3 - 5 private hospitals in your vicinity, then ask a Thai person to investigate for you. You won't find any real inforamtion on FB at this point.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Just booked my flight, leaving mid June.  The AZ jab is delayed here now.  My concern is getting the second shot in the proper time.  So, off to the US for a shot.

As for coming back?  That's really up in the air.  Maybe November?  Sucks.

We’re caught between a rock and a hard place.  They still have quarantine for vaxxed incoming, and they don’t have the best shots available now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Lambou69 said:

Moderna has major supply problems, they cannot supply the Canadian market to fulfill there contract

Yes, and even though they plan to double production at their Swiss site, much of next year's production seems to be allocated. Will EU allow Thailand to jump the queue?