Name two professions that you feel deserve more appreciation

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's funny coming from Ron Jeremy. Don't worry I had no trouble with women back home, just too many fatties. If you don't understand the influence of the sex industry here then you must be blind

No trouble with woman back home?

but too many fatties?

but you didn’t have to resort to them because your such a stud?

why move to pattaya?

12 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

No trouble with woman back home?

but too many fatties?

but you didn’t have to resort to them because your such a stud?

why move to pattaya?

Aren't you the guy always negative and moaning about Thailand, you can't be happy, maybe it's because you dragged your falang wife over here, fancy bringing your own sand to the beach. Maybe better you head back to Europe

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I had considered qualifying that by saying good dentists.

As in competent and not over selling.

I have experienced hilariously incompetent and corrupt dentists, mediocre ones, and brilliant ones.

I had enough experience with good ones to know to run from the bad ones.

But my experience with dentistry didn't start out so well.

My dear old Dad took me for some reason to a rustic one man dental office over a musical instrument store. I remember the chair looked like an antique. 

It was obvious to me even back then as a child that the old dentist there wasn't up to the state of the art.

I was having none of it.

I had him literally chasing me around the chair.

I've blocked out whether or not he got into my mouth but I'm pretty sure that was my first and last visit to him.

as a kid I went to a friend of my dad's in Rockaway Beach... I went to him until 15 years old and always had cavities.. after I stopped I never had a cavity again... crooked or fluoride? 

later my mom had the best dentist in NYC.. he was expensive but 100% honest - wonderful guy... he told me if you don't have pain you don't have a problem... 

late in life, my mom went to a local dentist in Pa - and he kept sending her for root canals... what a nasty pr**k to send a blind elderly lady for unnecessary root canal... and I guess this is why dentists kill themselves... they inflict pain and then often unnecessarily so.. 

A pox on their house!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sex workers are totally under rated in Thailand, without them Thailand wouldn't have been any where near as successful

Let's call them temporary girlfriends. Maybe for an hour or a day or even a whole holiday. ???? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My two are:

Dentists 

Just had a bunch of dental work done. Already high status but could you do it? I couldn't in a million years. Plus imagine living without modern dentistry.

Garbage men

Again, imagine if it wasn't removed. In Thailand presumably because of the heat, it's even more smelly.

Dentists; Agree, the strain upon their backs and shoulder aches must be diabolical. Plus patients are tense and fearful. Sights and smells must be bad too. Garbage men; Absolutely, they remove dead cats and dogs too. Terrible stench and swarms of flies.

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Nurses- raise their educational standards & allow them to do more than be a Dr's servant as so many of them appear to be here.

That may apply here from what I've seen.  They need better English & more education definitely.  In many countries Registered Nurses always rank in top few most trusted/respected professions

1. Bargirls

2. Freelancers

Why, because they mostly have to put up with smelly cheap Charlie farangs ????

Edit: Solly, I misread the post "professions"

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

1. Bargirls

2. Freelancers

They  mostly  have to  put  up with Thai men trapped  in boy  bodies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was going to say them, as they are universally underpaid and unappreciated, but I'm not specifically about Thai nurses.

Any that think Drs save your life in hospital need to wake up. The person that resuscitates you in hospital will be a nurse- the doctor comes later. Tv shows about hospitals are just fiction. Many about the heroic doctors, but I only ever saw 2 specifically about nurses.

BTW, nursing is not a profession, despite what the so called nurse leaders like to warble on about. It's an occupation or trade. A university degree isn't needed to be a nurse, despite that unfortunately being required now. The reason it became a degree course is complicated and political, so not going to get into that on here.

The other occupation is paramedics- the people that turn up in an ambulance to save people's lives.

Unfortunately for nurses and paramedics, just saving people's lives isn't worth much on the pay scale.

Agree on both. Last I heard nursing didn't require a degree (in U.K.) which is why nurses from E.U. Countries were highly regarded and sought after. Much respect for the Bombeiros Voluntarios who operate fire brigade and ambulance services as unpaid volunteers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Agree on both. Last I heard nursing didn't require a degree (in U.K.) which is why nurses from E.U. Countries were highly regarded and sought after. Much respect for the Bombeiros Voluntarios who operate fire brigade and ambulance services as unpaid volunteers.  

According to google a degree is now required to become a nurse in the UK.

I had an operation in a well known London hospital in 2005 and  the only nurse I thought was excellent was a night nurse that did hospital training, the rest were university educated. One nurse I had ( unfortunately ) didn't even know how to remove sutures, and I had to go back to surgery to have my wound re sutured.

Part of the problem is that people don't want to be nurses anymore, because pay is so low and uni fees so high, which is why they have to get so many overseas nurses. No such problem when people did hospital training and got paid to work while training, which is what I did.

When I worked in an NHS hospital they got rid of all the Aussie agency nurses ( cost too much ) which were excellent, and hired nurses from Africa instead ( cheaper ). The African nurses worked in the NHS, whereas the Aussies wouldn't because the pay was so bad. In the end, recruitment was so poor that they were forced to put up wages of the nurses, just to get some nurses to work.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

1. Bargirls

2. Freelancers

Edit: Solly, I misread the post "professions"

Prostitution is commonly known as the world's oldest profession.

• Haha 1