TAT announces preparations for “Amazing Thailand Grand Sale 2021”

webfact

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Every purchase at participating establishments will be entitled to a lucky draw for a chance to win special prizes worth over one million Baht in total, including a car, gold accessories, smartphone, gadgets, and much more

Tourists getting a free car and gold. How nice...lol

• Like 1

I drove past one of the local home electric stores here in pattaya and there was more stuff for sale in the parking lot than inside the store all with massive discounts - might be old stock but I would think pretty much everything in there is now old stock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Grand sale to the Chinese ......... everything must go!

Fire sale......as we used to call all of those monthly going out of business sales.  Stores just changed their names was all....

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is preparing to stage the ‘Amazing Thailand Grand Sale 2021’ from 15 July to 15 September, 2021, to reiterate the image of Thailand as a shopping destination,

Getting desperate now.......

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

On top of special discounts, participating establishments will also offer gifts and many more privileges for Thai and foreign residents

Free Sinovac jabs?  Compete with the vaccine tourist companies?

Edited by RotBenz8888

43 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Up here in Laos, I planned to go 'big-shopping' in Bangkok last year, plus health check-ups, dentist etc.  Covid-19 stopped me travelling.

Now this year, I'd still like to go, but it's simply not realistic.  I might be able to fly from Vientiane to Bangkok, but I'd have great concern about being allowed back into Laos.  Too much risk.  Sorry, I'm staying at home.  Ask me again in about 2024....

How's life in Laos at the moment?? I wish  they would open the the border ,probably won't happen happen until  the end of next year.. 

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

TAT, please,,,,,,,,,look around you & reorganize your aggenda. People are going to die.

Put your efforts behind something useful like vaccine supply

TAT = Tourism Authority Thailand.

Its not called the VAC (Vaccine Authority Thailand). Its the job of the Thai Government to ensure the population is vaccinated. Its the Job of the Tourism Authority Thailand to stimulate tourism. 

Your sanctimonous criticism is flawed. 

• Confused 1

There is another thread in which we are asked to nominate professions that are undervalued and deserve a pat on the back. I hereby nominate TAT for their relentless hard work, against all odds;  especially providing their deadly accurate forecasts of tourist numbers which is always very much appreciated when those tourist numbers are revised downwards every few days. Without those revisions I would be thinking we were about to be invaded by 30 million tourists this years.

This is a brilliant initiative and it's great to see that the governor is personally involved in a meeting. I do hope he ensure the success of this brilliant marketing strategy by staying closely involved and issuing a meaningless press briefing each day.

I just wonder whether anyone is checking whether all the shops and malls will be open for business on July 15th and whether you will be able to sit down inside a restaurant with a beer by then. 

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

Up here in Laos, I planned to go 'big-shopping' in Bangkok last year, plus health check-ups, dentist etc.  Covid-19 stopped me travelling.

Now this year, I'd still like to go, but it's simply not realistic.  I might be able to fly from Vientiane to Bangkok, but I'd have great concern about being allowed back into Laos.  Too much risk.  Sorry, I'm staying at home.  Ask me again in about 2024....

Whats that got to do with TAT's upcoming "Big Sale" ?

Just now, Thomas J said:

With the tourists in quarantine, will they be allowed to order online and have their purchases delivered or will they have to wait 15 days until they are released to get them? 

What tourists ?