Canceling rental contract

On 6/5/2021 at 8:04 PM, Foghorn said:

My friend went to the consumer protection office and the kind lady there called the landlord and he as agreed to let my friend finish the year he has paid for , the lady said to come when that year is nearly finished because if my friend hasn’t broken the contract then the landlord can’t cancel it  

That's great to hear ????

"Bully the bully" comes to mind. I found that working in every single case, be it Thailand or elsewhere.

Another piece of free advise for your friend: set yourself up to move after the 12 months. Any relationship that starts like this is not worth continuing.

If he wants to "repay"/<deleted> off the owner, stay a bit longer (as in deposit-value longer) and then move.

With an owner playing me like that I wouldn't be too careful with normal wear and tear on the property either.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 8:04 PM, Foghorn said:

My friend went to the consumer protection office and the kind lady there called the landlord and he as agreed to let my friend finish the year he has paid for , the lady said to come when that year is nearly finished because if my friend hasn’t broken the contract then the landlord can’t cancel it  

In view of this, the topic can now close.

CLOSED