Thai govt reaffirms mass vaccinations to begin on June 7, enough doses for everyone

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The aide to the ministry of public health Sathit Pitudecha told INN

We're down to the aide-level (Khun Sathit, meet the bus, jump under it) now.

What's next, the cleaning lady?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

There is plenty of vaccine for everybody and it will be distributed according to the CCSA guidelines. 

I'll have what he's having.

CCSA guiedlines: "no vaccine for you".

This has progressed beyond the ridiculous.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I registered last Wednesday, I received a phone call on Friday to collect my appointment card on Saturdy, I did so and have an appointment for my vaccination at Hua Hin Hospital on 7 June, I'm British.

Sinovac vaccine or ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I registered last Wednesday, I received a phone call on Friday to collect my appointment card on Saturdy, I did so and have an appointment for my vaccination at Hua Hin Hospital on 7 June, I'm British.

Good feedback.... as I said before, it seems to vary a lot province to province. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

And your second dose is scheduled for when?

Thais are brilliant at paperwork, process, stamps, copies, signatures, more stamps - that you had to collect an appointment card just reinforces the bureaucracy - let's see how they do administering vaccines.

AH, AZ. There is no AZ left, so you're hoping some new batch gets manufactured and/or delivered.

Are you over 60 YO?

The second dose of AZ will be scheduled at 16 weeks.

The fact that they're sticking with this 7 June date is interesting. Maybe SB will deliver between 1m and 2 m (or more) doses this week. If that is the plan, I can't understand why they aren't sharing more detail? Maybe they want to have a big surprise soft-launch?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I'm registered too, in Bangkok. Booked in for mid June. In the phone call I was told it would be Moderna as I have an underlying health condition. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BirdsandBooze said:

I'm registered too, in Bangkok. Booked in for mid June. In the phone call I was told it would be Moderna as I have an underlying health condition. 

Where did you register?

Where will you go for your first dose?

Are you paying for this?

Many press reports of 5 M doses of Moderna being ordered via GPO and the Thai Private Hospital Assoc, with 200 member hospitals participating. Fee said to be 3,500-ish.

Edited by mtls2005

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Where did you register?

Where will you go for your first dose?

Are you paying for this?

Many press reports of 5 M doses of Moderna being ordered via GPO and the Thai Private Hospital Assoc, with 200 member hospitals participating. Fee said to be 3,500-ish.

Yes, I would like to know where you registered or how?

I have been told by 5 hospitals to wait.

Edit: You answered in the meantime. Thanks

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Once you've attended your input in the thread in the Health Forum would be appreciated.

Seen reports that there may be an emergency shipment, 500,000 doses, of AZ due in from Korea this week to support the 7 June soft-launch.

"However, Suphat Hasuwankit from the Rural Doctors Society says he’s heard that officials have had to order 500,000 doses from South Korea in order to have enough for the start of the vaccine rollout on June 7."

I'm sure the aide to the aide will be along shortly to explain what's going on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Can anyone else confirm if they have been able to get an appointment for an actual vaccine?
This sounds too good to be true I've heard a lot of expats have registered but didn't get an appointment but didn't get an appointment to vaccine.
Are you over 60 to get the AZ vaccine?

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no no no.....not good.  The shinola has truly hit the fan now.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In Hua Hin expats can register for vaccination at Bluport or Market Village. Starts at 10:30 (get there ahead of time). They issue numbers to get an appointment for vaccination & you return in about 1 1/2 hours to get the appointment form. When they have filled their quota for the day, they tell you to try again tomorrow. You need a completed form, original passport & photocopy. My appointment is for 8th july 15:00 @ Hua Hin hospital, not stated which vaccine. I am told applications run until 2nd june.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

SO more than 60 million doses are available.  I know it is semantics, but there is definitely not enough vaccine for everyone on the 7th of June, which is just 7 days away.

How do you know? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Thailand should let all foreigners who live in Thailand get the vaccine first before any Thais since they bring more money to Thailand than Thai citizens. For every foreigner in Thailand is equal to 100 Thai citizen.

OMG, I hope you are trying to be funny. 

I, for one, bring a lot more money in as a Thai than I did as a foreigner.