Phuket foreigners to get leftover Sinovac

webfact

oh WHO the china doll,what a surprise,the guys that said its not transmissable thru air and flights from china must continue.the fiasco that was the wuhan cover up that  even the WHO didnt say what a success that was,what a joke these goons are but they think theyre right. i guess they have to be eventually they cant get it wrong every time or.....well chinas instructions will continue and this will be rammed into many arms.its very low efficacy is one thing that makes it seem hardly worthwhile..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, buzzz51 said:

And the WHO are as corrupt as china, this was proven early days with the lies they told to protect china

The WHO isn't corrupt.  They didn't tell any lies, just repeated what China told them.  Not much else they could do.  But yes, they didn't handle that very well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ryane66 said:

I think you can read into this announcement that there are leftover vaccines because ofhesitancy oflocal Thais. Maybe they are worried they will not reach the 70% goal.

They seemed to quietly adjust 70% goal to be for those people with just 1 shot, rather than completely vaccinated it seems.

Unfortunately, since Sinovac only has an efficacy of 16% after 1 dose, and only better protection after 2, Phuket could go the way of other countries that relaxed restrictions. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56731801

The potential is for the island to be in a much worse state than even now.

Phuket foreigners to get leftover Sinovac

So Foreigners to get it last then no surprise there considering the attitude of Phuket towards Foreigners.
Lets see just how effective it's gonna be though

Thank you Phuket for being our Guinea Pig's!!

Just now, Phuketboy said:

All have been approved for "Emergency Use Only". No covid vaccine has been fully approved and won't be for the next 2 years.  This is while manufacturers provide regular updates to the FDA on the safety and effectiveness over this time.  These are all still in trial until they get full approval. 

Moderna and Pfizer have applied for full FDA approval.  It's expected within a year.  Or less.  And they've passed phase 3 trials.  Did that some time ago.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/pfizer-and-biontech-seeks-fda-full-approval-5186423

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The WHO isn't corrupt.  They didn't tell any lies, just repeated what China told them.  Not much else they could do.  But yes, they didn't handle that very well.

didnt they say the vaccines in the Uk were fully tested and safe ? The same ones that are causing blood clots and other disorders ?

The same vaccines that are still in trial stage till 23 ? 

The same vaccines that they are paying guinea pigs to take , pregnant women and children ?

The same organisation who, while they may not give outright lies, are very wary about given any truths 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, smedly said:

indeed 

and what happens to long term expats if you refuse to accept this vaccine ?, a question I asked before 

With nothing else available it seems, I would imagine the chance of catching Covid and the possibility of severe illness or even death I suppose?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If you're getting what the Thais don't want you know you're really in trouble

So you believe the quality of a product is determined by the view of the Thai population.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

They have enough for all the registered foreigners, including westerners.

No they don't.  Two doses are required for full immunity, so they only have enough for half of registered foreigners.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Wait a minute ! Have they done all the homeless and soi dogs before they go giving foreigners vaccines ! ????

Foreigners choose to live in a paradise where they don't get on the first rung of the Thai hierarchical social ladder. 

You can't have your cake and eat it. Go back to rainy Bognor Regus if you prefer. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, BestB said:

There are many ways to deliver same message. 

I do not know if it’s reporters choice of words or actual words of authorities but it sounds as if feeding leftover food to a street dog.

final result is the same no matter what words one uses , but I wonder why send the message in this way, not in a more nicer, welcoming way

You just have see how much it’s stirred up the hornets nest in this thread alone to understand why they word their headlines the way they do 

So notwithstanding that the website www.ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com does not work, how can these be ‘left over’ given they will be used on 3rd and 4th June. Either it’s more nonsense spouted or more nonsense journalism. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

so I'll wait for all the Sino-whatever to be used up and hopefully get AZ in a month or so, I'm happy to wait for July.

I think you will be waiting a while unless you accept the Chinese ####.

As for AZ, seems clear to me they want to primarily export it for profit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

I think you will be waiting a while unless you accept the Chinese ####.

As for AZ, seems clear to me they want to primarily export it for profit

They can't even export it... news from Philippines isn't good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew45 said:

The unfortunate choice of the word "leftover' by the writer seems to have triggered a barrage of comments from easily triggered egos who see it as an insult to their sense of self.

my guess would be - it is written exactly as intended by both Anutin and the governor of Phuket who have both made clear what they think about westerners 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazz1 said:

Safest way is to pay for your own vacine then you know what your getting.

I agree , however there is much confusion on availability of vaccines at private hospitals around the country .