UPDATE: Two Indian nationals with several years of overstay arrested in Chonburi immigration raids, more details around yesterday’s raids

snoop1130

MG_0053.jpg

Two Indian suspects were found with more than two years of overstay yesterday afternoon (June 1st), according to Royal Thai Immigration officials. The raids also arrested Chinese and Thai nationals in what was described as a migrant crime crackdown.

Immigration officers conducted the crackdown in eight separate targeted points in Chonburi and also ensured Covid-19 measurements were followed, according to their report.

Royal Thai Immigration police have released more details on the crackdown yesterday. The Thai national who was found with 36 items similar to real firearms and weapons and was accused of selling them to undocumented migrants was named by police only as Mr. Siwakorn, 24.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/02/update-two-indian-nationals-with-several-years-of-overstay-arrested-in-chonburi-immigration-raids-more-details-around-yesterdays-raids/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2021-06-02

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Well they can't be blamed for the bringing Indian variant in..

Over to Rob to mention the English variant...

Well that's just the thing, these Indians may well have come from Bradford or Indianford as it it referred to in some quarters

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

A lot more Pakistanis in Bradford than Indians.

Well they are all they same really aren't they apart from the passport. Centuries as one country prior to partition in 1949.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I agree with your second sentence, but not your first. Indians do make an effort to integrate and they don't try and change the country that they emigrated to. They are also better educated and become doctors, engineers and anything that requires a higher education.

Pakistanis on the other hand................

Where did I mention anything about integration?  I have worked with many nationalities and as far as any differences go then  in the field I used to work in there are some highly motivated professionals of both nationalities. 

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Deary me. You said that Pakistanis and Indians are the same.

I disagree and gave you some examples.

Yes, I'm sure that there are highly motivated professionals from both groups, but, I'm not talking about individuals.

You don't see Indians marching down a British street demanding changes to the law to suit their religion, or patrols near places of worship that tell women that they are unsuitably dressed and must be prostitutes.

Can't remember any Indians caught for grooming under-age white girls, or any honour killings.

I have worked in both countries, have you?

The thread was about overstaying Indians in Thailand and someone mentioned that at least they did not bring the UK variant of covid. I responded by saying "unless they came from Bradford" as there is a large population of Indians there,  as there are in many other UK cities.   End of story. Integration into society or otherwise, professional abilities were topics you brought up. As for where you have worked again it is irrelevant to the thread. 

32 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well they are all they same really aren't they apart from the passport. Centuries as one country prior to partition in 1949.

Oops you dropped a b####ck there mate, the partition was in august 1947.

13 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

With years of overstay they were in Thailand long before COVID started.

Your turn.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Where did I mention anything about integration?  I have worked with many nationalities and as far as any differences go then  in the field I used to work in there are some highly motivated professionals of both nationalities. 

There's also plenty of very arrogant folks from both countries. Worked/consulted in both countries, several times difficult to get past the arrogance and get valuable and focused discussions moving. 

Makes more sense to offer passports than it does to kick people out.  What's the point in creating criminals for the sake of it?  Thailand needs younger folk.

However, if this is truly about crime then of course.......  But the fear is that this is a high profile operation that will be applied to simple overstayers as it progresses.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I never said anything about the English variant besides it probably mutated because the soap dodging actions of the Brits ???? (just to stay on par with Anutin too bad for him that there is a Thai version now too ????)

Some off bickering topic posts removed, topic is about:

Two Indian nationals with several years of overstay arrested in Chonburi immigration raids, more details around yesterday’s raids

Anything other than the above is off topic and is trolling

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I never said anything about the English variant besides it probably mutated because the soap dodging actions of the Brits ???? (just to stay on par with Anutin too bad for him that there is a Thai version now too ????)

He likes you really, he was talking about that 'other' Rob ???? back on topic, the smartcars were in the cleaners and you know Thais hate walking anywhere ????

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Thought they were all Banglas down there?

Can't be certain, but most of the Bangladeshis are around the East end and South of London.

Most of the Indian restaurants are owned and run by Bangladeshis

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Makes more sense to offer passports than it does to kick people out.  What's the point in creating criminals for the sake of it?  Thailand needs younger folk.

However, if this is truly about crime then of course.......  But the fear is that this is a high profile operation that will be applied to simple overstayers as it progresses.

"Makes more sense to offer passports than it does to kick people out".

What?  Thai Immigration police can offer passports to serial overstayers, can they?   Passports for which countries?  How does that make any sense?

The IB is not "creating criminals", overstayers are doing that themselves.  Perhaps you're advocating that passports and visas shouldn't be required here for anyone?   Does your own country follow that principle or is it something that only Thailand should do to accommodate foreigners?

21 hours ago, Excel said:

They all have British passports. There are differences.....

On 6/3/2021 at 10:42 AM, tomazbodner said:

With years of overstay they were in Thailand long before COVID started.. 

Your turn.

That was his whole point, which you seem to have missed quite spectacularly. 

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Makes more sense to offer passports than it does to kick people out".

What?  Thai Immigration police can offer passports to serial overstayers, can they?   Passports for which countries?  How does that make any sense?

The IB is not "creating criminals", overstayers are doing that themselves.  Perhaps you're advocating that passports and visas shouldn't be required here for anyone?   Does your own country follow that principle or is it something that only Thailand should do to accommodate foreigners?

It's quite obvious the member meant visas, not passports.