Registrations for Moderna jab hit 100,000 on first day

webfact

10 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

Putting your name, address, birthdate and passport number on an unsecure format is just not wise. 

Immigration themselves have a lot more information about me than that, and I doubt they are secure and scrupulous.

7 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

Use a VPN.  Don't use any banking apps.  Personally I feel that is financial suicide.    Facebook is a joke.  People putting all their personal information out there for the world to see.   I want to keep my personal information close to my chest.  Can't do that 100% but I make an effort  to keep in safe and not blast it around unsecure "apps".   

And I do use Line.  For things that don't need to be secure.  But my hospital information needs to be safe.

You guys kill me.  

They can track your whereabouts at any time.  Or at least your cellphones location.

8 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

Don't use any banking apps.

What’s the point of that? Unless you don’t have a Bank Account and do everything cash, I don’t see how using an app vs. the Counter changes anything. 

Personally I feel that is financial suicide.    Facebook is a joke.  People putting all their personal information out there for the world to see.   I want to keep my personal information close to my chest.  Can't do that 100% but I make an effort  to keep in safe and not blast it around unsecure "apps".   

I agree to protecting your personal information as much as you can. I’m just wondering whether signing up for a hospital‘s vaccination programme in the middle of a pandemic is the right place. 

And I do use Line.  For things that don't need to be secure.  But my hospital information needs to be safe.

You guys kill me.  

Had you given it a try, you may have noticed that you’re giving your personal data to the hospital, not Line. 

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

Why do you need a doctor? In the USA you can go to your local pharmacy and be injected for free, no doctor, at a pharmacy.

If only I could go to the US and back for free and not spend 2 weeks in quarantine I'd be all over it.

I had line on my mobile once upon a time, I removed it after random people decided they wanted to be my friend & sending random good morning pics & messages, carpenters, taxi drivers etc, plus there are absolutely no directions on how to use it, safely or otherwise, a right pile of poo as far as I'm concerned. ????

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I had line on my mobile once upon a time, I removed it after random people decided they wanted to be my friend & sending random good morning pics & messages, carpenters, taxi drivers etc, plus there are absolutely no directions on how to use it, safely or otherwise, a right pile of poo as far as I'm concerned. ????

It's very easy to block such but it does take a few minutes to learn to use the app.

I find it very useful to talk/video/message friends all over the world at no cost.

Many users don't realize that you can make up to 5 voice calls per day to virtually any telephone in the world smart/land-line at no charge without the recipient needing to have a LINE account. Each call is limited to 5 minutes and is free. Long enough to say hello, happy birthday, etc.

The price of benefitting from any tool is the process of learning to use it, from hammers to computers.

Even being a good lover takes practice and interest.

2 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Could it be that LINE is not a legal communication method like for instance email ?

It's at least end-to-end encrypted, unlike most email.

Unlike Google mail, LINE is not monitoring and recoding every thing communicated.

6 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

100% Money Grab trying to scam people.

The US has given away millions and millions of doses free.

The injection takes one second, why would there be additional fee's and health checkups?

Leave it to the Thai's to profit on anything they possibly can, even a pandemic.

Leave it to the Chinese to profit in multiple ways from their pandemic, much more than any other country.

BTW, they've already got round two queued up with a bird flu newly  transmitted to humans, as they announced yesterday.

The fun never ends with friends like this.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

And for what it's worth: on a science forum on vaccines topic, all the members in that thread, heavily populated with professional in related fields, were only getting phizter/moderna

Sacrilege!

You are not singing the PC song about all vaccines being created equally regardless of method or country of origin.

Beware of lightning strikes out of the blue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Immigration themselves have a lot more information about me than that, and I doubt they are secure and scrupulous.

I was talking about an app.  Line app in particular.  I guess there are appers and appees.  I just don't feel that they are secure enough for me.  That's all.   Immigration, hospitals, banks etc. have my info.  If they let it slip out, then at least I didn't help it along. 

Anyway, I will phone or walk into Bangkok Hospital and sign up for my Moderna / J&J / Pfizer as soon as they are ready to vaccinate me.   Thank god I'm too old for Sinovac.  

Everyone stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

It's a Line App.  Not secure. Forget about it.  why would you put your personal information on a Line App?  Line is great for arranging the gardener to come over or arranging lunch with friends, but personal information.  No way.

Wrong. It is encrypted if both parties have it enabled, which is the default mode. Look at the setting on you device.

Nobody can control what the recipients do with the information however.

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

Why do you need a doctor? In the USA you can go to your local pharmacy and be injected for free, no doctor, at a pharmacy.

We need a doctor because we do not live in the good ol USA.  This is a forum about Thailand - thus the topic and name of website  555 

Peace

Lot of moaners on this topic as usual. Also a lot of stupidity too. 

The US is giving Thailand vaccines and support so they should not charge for vaccinations. I wonder if the people who posted this understand that this is not from the government but for private hospitals who import their own shots. So this has nothing to do with the aid they get from the US or the vaccines as neither of those go to these private hospitals.

As for the price and 500bt. That 500 bt is always in the book that is what private hospitals do nothing new. Just standard business. If you don't want it then don't get it. I for one am happy that it MIGHT be available and have registered for this.

Beats taking a Chinese vaccine and its better then the UK vaccine. So im willing to pay.

• Like 1

Just successfully registered, but you need to add them on Line application before you can do this, as that's where all the communication goes through.

Their ID is @thginfo

Here is the list of hospitals that are part of their group:

image.png.0652d540c8adbcdf7960b50ad38c9994.png

Once adding them, click on the link (mentioned by someone before) and it'll log you into page with your Line ID. You can't do that if you don't have them added.

Click on Register and enter your information. Some basic stuff is in Thai and English, but health condition and all buttons are in Thai only. What is required is your name, surname, birth date, ID Card or Passport number, email address, phone number. There's list of diseases that you need to check if you have any, and then selection of province, and the hospital you wish to get vaccine at (see above graphic). Reconfirm that data entered is correct and click Register. Line App sends you summary with your queue number, and lets you know status, and that they would contact you with schedule and payment details.

5 minutes to complete it. I chose to add them on computer version of Line app as it's much easier to enter form on a large computer screen than tiny mobile.

image.thumb.png.6b98332037494fc6a3cc0b9d171c584f.png

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

my registration number is 790xxx

"for alternative vaccines, with the expected availability in October 2021. The price is about 2,000 baht per needle, including hospital service fees. and medical fees (does not include doctor fees) The doctor's fee depends on each hospital."

This is where the nonsense begins to creep in.

Why are there any doctors fees?

A Doctor does not need to be involved in the simple vaccination of any person, not in the real world anyway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

What is the point of registrations for vaccinations  everywhere and for every kind, when there are no actually vaccinations is available to give  other than the SinoVac...  

I answered a survey from Chiangmai Ram about which vaccine(s) interested me. It was not about getting on a list to get vaccinated. The idea was apparently to give the Pharmaceutical Organization an idea about the demand. If Thonburi Healthcare with 17 hospitals is doing the same thing and they got 100k responses the first day, imagine how many people in Thailand are wanting Moderna. Considering that each person would use 2 doses, how could 5mn doses be enough?

Let's hope that the Pharmaceutical Organization is not thinking of Moderna as just a booster. It's unlikely that people signing up only want a single dose.

Edited by placnx
added "17 hospitals" and other clarifications

9 minutes ago, placnx said:

If Thonburi Healthcare is doing the same thing and they got 100k responses the first day, imagine how many people in Thailand are wanting Moderna. How could 5mn doses be enough? 

Agreed.  5m doses too low.  

I just looked it up.  3 US FDA Approved Covid-19 vaccines.  Why would I want anything else being a US Citizen and want to sometime go back and visit my family.  And there will be some restrictions in the US, at least in the near future, for people that haven't been vaccinated by a US FDA approved vaccine.   We've already seen news articles about that.  The WHO doesn't weigh in about this aspect of the insane puzzle.  

Waiting for one of these three.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 3.36.22 PM.png

Edited by LivingNThailand
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

The US has given away millions and millions of doses free.

The injection takes one second, why would there be additional fee's and health checkups?

Leave it to the Thai's to profit on anything they possibly can, even a pandemic.

US going to give vaccine to poor country just like EU and many other "wealthy" nation's.

But they really not going to sent those in Thailand. All vaccine cost, some pay more some less from same vaccine.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n281

Here is the prices. WHO Covax plan is for really poor countrys. 

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

This is where the nonsense begins to creep in.

Why are there any doctors fees?

A Doctor does not need to be involved in the simple vaccination of any person, not in the real world anyway.

Dr's fee probably for a signature, 500 baht x a few million will be a nice little earner. These people have no shame

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

There's no "scam", it's an alternative people will have if they choose not to have the free vaccination.    

The additional services are optional, not compulsory.

Why should this private, commercial business not be allowed to make a profit by providing a vaccine that the hospital has paid for itself and which may not be available anywhere else even though the free vaccination is available to anyone who wants it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

he price is getting up.. first not more than 3000 THB included everything, a few days ago 1000 to 1500 THB yesterday 1500 to 2000 THB today 1800-2000 THB  excluded insurance and medical costs....   Who will get the extra money??

Different vaccine, different private organisation.