Thailand reports 3,886 new COVID-19 cases, 39 new deaths

webfact

Just now, CANSIAM said:

Im doing the same thing, in a bungalow overlooking the Andaman for 3.5 months now, several times changed my flight back to Bangkok ( now open ), no jabs to be had, and the covid case mess up there may as well be in the fresh air and minimal people.  

Good move. 

Last year we came to island March 20. Live in Bangkok. 

Then things went south. So we decided stay on island. Stayed 7 months. 

Fast-forward back to same island April 1.

Plan stay few weeks. Now will stay to Oct+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Image result for 1% patch Hells angels

You  tell me?

Isn’t that the issue?

A 1% death rate is no problem, unless I am in the 1%. And I have no way of knowing if I would be or not, but  it is possible.

Hence I think restrictions are sensible until the world vaccinates itself into a position where Covid deaths are preventable to a much higher degree than currently.

And yet another report which doesn't mention those over 60 yrs with underlying health conditions.  Possibly they've already been fully vaccinated, although I doubt that very much.

Pattaya and Banglamung rollout second doses of Covid-19 vaccines to selected groups

TPN media has had lots of questions about foreigners being able to register/receive a Covid-19 vaccine as part of the government program. Although the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, has reported multiple times that foreigners can start registration from June 7th at government hospitals that have their health records, we have many messages and e-mails from readers who state that their local hospitals have stated this won’t be happening or they are not taking registrations.

Based on the information released so far, it appears that the date of June 7th is more of a “starting date” and not a guaranteed date that every foreigner in every province and area of the country will be able to register, let alone know when they can get a Covid-19 vaccine. While it is true that there have been reports of some foreigners being vaccinated who have work permits in “high-risk” fields, and some provinces like Phuket and Hua Hin have started vaccinating some foreigners (again, mostly with work permits) as a whole many foreigners, especially the vulnerable retiree group, remain waiting for solid information.

Further reading:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/03/pattaya-and-banglamung-rollout-second-doses-of-covid-19-vaccines-to-selected-groups/

13 minutes ago, rott said:

So you accept that most "sexpats" (not you of course) as you call them are not alcoholics. 

No im not a sexpat did visit the bar scene when i first came here but got old quite fast. But beer and sexpats go hand in hand. They are complaining about their alcohol because of the bars and girls. 

Now they keep on crying about the opening of bars while that is just too high a risk. I don't care about the whole bar scene normally but right now opening that up is just asking for trouble.

But once people are vaccinated open it up let everyone do whatever they want. I don't really care up to them.

14 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Exactly. I am just as likely to get a dose of C19 at a wet market or a pharmacy as I am sitting at an outdoor bar having a beer or sitting at a restaurant eating. 

If I didn't know any better I would think these restrictions are being forced on us

I am surprised the ban on beer/alcohol is quite an issue to certain posters on this forum. According to psychiatric guide lines they are alcoholics.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Caneda said:

All from a long time ago.

Yes and the bars and clubs have been shut, open them up again then and see what happens and maybe shut them down again in a couple of months, just like we kept doing in the UK.

44 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Yes and the bars and clubs have been shut, open them up again then and see what happens and maybe shut them down again in a couple of months, just like we kept doing in the UK.

I get your drift, but the UK is a dreadful example. There are probably better analogies 

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Gotta hand it to the man he has been dreaming big since Covid closed the doors on tourism.  The old adage of "Go big or go home" applies.  Should he fail in his venture in thinknthe man should retire to a tropical island where he can drink Mai Thais......

Kindly amend the adage to ""Go big while at  home" as the guy obviously is...home : )

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Department of Corrections announced today that there are 1,230 new infected inmates and one additional death. This should be reflected on the national tally tomorrow. They didn’t say, but the total should be 28,302 infections and 13 deaths so far

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400463407178948613

Exactly the same number of cases as on the 3rd of June then

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

Wont be long before Thailand crosses the 200,000 new cases mark and on up from there . The big question from there is will wee see deaths in the 2,000 range which with so many serious/critical is quite possible .

That's how the USA figures started creeping. 

Melbourne tested 47,000 a day, a couple of days ago, with a small outbreak that closed the NZ, Australia travel bubble,supposed to have been the Indian variant, temporarily. Thailand does not test anywhere near this number. 

Hence, we may sadly see the virus spiral out of control. 

I hope not. 

20 hours ago, Olmate said:

Are you having "2 bob each way" there? 

I was sort of silently referring to the random closure of one type of establishment whilst malls/buses/govt. office etc were rammed full of people, so yes, 2 bob each way is the way to go!

6 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I am surprised the ban on beer/alcohol is quite an issue to certain posters on this forum. According to psychiatric guide lines they are alcoholics.

Time for a name change!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Public holiday normal pattern either the virus takes a break or some of the testers and labs do = dip in numbers today. Will the pattern hold?

The pattern of low testing and opacity will continue is my guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Public holiday normal pattern either the virus takes a break or some of the testers and labs do = dip in numbers today. Will the pattern hold?

Only time will tell, and waiting on the news Channel 3 to report it as I drink my coffee and answer e-mails.

• Like 1

The United States will give an initial 7 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for Asia to countries whose population totals around 2.5 billion. In Southeast Asia, beneficiaries will be Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand and Laos

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/06/03/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-unveils-strategy-for-global-vaccine-sharing-announcing-allocation-plan-for-the-first-25-million-doses-to-be-shared-globally/

• Like 2