Tourism minister confirms: NO QUARANTINE in TEN provinces come October 1st

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism and sports minister has stood up in parliament to pledge that foreign tourists will not need to quarantine when visiting Thailand from October 1st.

No tourists then.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Tourists who are booking their holidays now will be disappointed, or furious, come October 1st.

I set my expectations low to avoid disappointment.

After 15 months of this it is getting tough though and costing a fortune.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

It is obvious the date is October 12.  

reading my coffee grind, I have reason to believe it it likely to be October 22 or 23 ;-)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How is it costing you  money?

Homeless for months locked out of Thailand, buying a condo I never wanted in the US, Many cancelled flight patterns some paid some not, taking months off work to travel back to Thailand incurring thousands in countless excess expenses related to covid-19 restrictions and ASQs and new rules.  

The condo looks like it might be a good investment if the real estate bubble does not pop.

At least I'm not dead

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every politician and his dog is making announcements which are back-tracked upon.

We have the 7 day Phuket Sandbox model which initially looked great with the first sets of announcements, the reality is starting to look quite different.... 

After the initial announcements that the Phuket Sandbox would be 7 days on the Island, its now starting to look like the duration will be set at 14 days and the area limited to the ‘area’ and perhaps by the time they’ve finished applying further restrictions the the Phuket Sandbox Model will be 14 days restricted to a resort...

Is there one single announcement which has been accurate so far????

Imagine if actually happens and every whiny b#### that can't cop 2 weeks quarantine all decide to descend on Phuket not including all the bodgy vaccine certificates.  There won't be enough planes in the world to handle the demand lol.

And then it will all come unstuck with 1 idiot.

5 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The vaccinated will travel and they won't care about local covid outbreaks because they've been vaccinated already.

What they will care about is getting caught up in a local lockdown type situation - that's why they won't come.

Video news clips showing people being arrested in their garden while having lunch with a couple of friends really don't help them. Nobody will come until the threat of restrictions is lifted.

There's also something else that the Thais can't control, if there is any requirement for quarantine or isolation when returning to a tourists home country then this will also prevent people from coming.

In short : nobody's coming.

I reckon if it goes ahead and there is no quarantine I think you will be very very wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, starky said:

I reckon if it goes ahead and there is no quarantine I think you will be very very wrong.

I can live with that.

I post my opinion at the time, I've been wrong before and somehow I seemed to recover, no problem ????

Edited by ukrules
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I can live with that.

I post my opinion at the time, I've been wrong before and somehow I seemed to recover, no problem ????

It's the beauty of TVF even if your wrong wait long enough then you will be right, then wrong, then right again. It's fantastic!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Who books? Why would anybody book? I have traveled  all over the world and never booked..But currently , especially  now here in Thailand  booking  really is pointless

I would book.  Pre-Covid, I'd book time off work and a flight 9-10 months in advance.  It gave me something to look forward to, and made it hard for my work to change their minds on holiday dates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

The vaccinated will travel and they won't care about local covid outbreaks because they've been vaccinated already.

What they will care about is getting caught up in a local lockdown type situation - that's why they won't come.

Video news clips showing people being arrested in their garden while having lunch with a couple of friends really don't help them. Nobody will come until the threat of restrictions is lifted.

There's also something else that the Thais can't control, if there is any requirement for quarantine or isolation when returning to a tourists home country then this will also prevent people from coming.

In short : nobody's coming.

Early polls indicate that Europeans will go to Southern Europe for holidays while half of the population will take holidays in their own country. Asia is no longer on the agenda.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Who books? Why would anybody book? I have traveled  all over the world and never booked..But currently , especially  now here in Thailand  booking  really is pointless

You're right. I can think of 20 hotels in Chiang Rai who would fall over themselves getting a room for you if you walked in off the street.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Cipher said:

I fully expect the Thai gov to change this policy 4-5 times before October though, and am taking anything they say this far out with a million grains of salt.

You are an optimist. I'm expecting at least 20 policy changes during that period, the average seems to be one a week.

Is Anutin on holidays or why does the tourism minister address the audience? Yet, how could a week end without Pipat's valuable contributions to the benefit of the land? 

The "20 years battle plan" to develop home lodge and home stay; are they tearing down those x-thousands of empty hotels and guest houses now? 

Seriously; is there anybody talking anything close to common sense or do they just continue to be a waste of space and fresh air? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He began with some rhetoric about following Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha's "20 year battle plan" by developing tourism places with such things as "home lodge" and "home stay".

But only in 10 provinces?

12 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I would book.  Pre-Covid, I'd book time off work and a flight 9-10 months in advance.  It gave me something to look forward to, and made it hard for my work to change their minds on holiday dates.

That was pre-Covid when everything was normal... 9-10 months ahead now god knows what will be going on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Then came the nitty gritty. Unfortunately there was absolutely nothing new in what he had to say, notes Thaivisa. 

Which is why he should be removed from his position and allow someone in who has some fresh ideas.