Thai government chief whip and 83 others face indictment for futsal court project corruption

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I do...but do you really know ????

I think a more difficult question to answer would be: "Do you know who my mother is?"

That's because it's sometimes really difficult to determine clearly from the sheer size of the harems many of these bigwig daddies curate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petermik said:

couldn`t get my head round why the other kids nicknamed me "nutty slack" all them years ago.....

" Nutty slack" used to be what we called a delicious biscuit my mum made from baking chocolate, crushed digestive and ginger nut biscuits, vanilla essence and condensed milk back when I was a lad, and the telly was black and white!

Now you have called it to mind I must find a recipe and have a go!

Thanks for that!

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

and add the expectation that' 'I'm important, therefore entitled to be corrupt, to get undeserved benefits etc...' 

One of the worst I'm aware of is the wife of a very very wealthy Thai man.

- First instance I'm aware of, out of nowhere the wife is suddenly a full professor and teaching at a very prestigious university. She reads pages/paragraphs from various books, no discussion, students know the articles she reads are very basic/simplistic and don't connect to the program. Students don't complain, they know they will be severely punished, they just don't attend.

- Second instance, she makes her doctoral dissertation to the uni committee for her Ph.D., her thesis (quite some years back) is based on an alternative method to take the just finished plastic slide off the static overhead projector and in the same action place the next slide on the machine.

In reality the method was very basic, nothing scientific or clever and had been in use for several decades by 99% of folks globally who were using overhead projectors.

Her dissertation submission full of basic 'research' data which didn't stand up to even simple analysis.

Committee members all give her a 'pass' and distinction for her work'. 

Rich husbands secretary contacts numerous agencies/companies/organizations etc., demanding that they add 'Professor Dr .' to her name in their records. 

Husbands office arranges for small nameplates to be printed on plastic with her new full title and her full name (all letters about 2cm big), and are glued to the top of the door paneling on every door on her car so that if she pulled over the cop bends over to talk and instantly sees her name and title. 

Before getting her Ph.D. she is accompanied to the uni by 2 assistants walking behind in a pied piper line to carry her briefcase, her handbag, her special drinks, bags of gifts and snacks, her giant very heavy first generation mobile phone (and a driver) to get to the uni.

After getting her Ph.D. she is accompanied by 4 assistants with what they are carrying on gold coloured platters, all walking behind in a pied piper line (and a driver).

I'm so glad that my involvement with Thai Scientific Teaching is limited to teaching Primary classes science in English. I'm no scientist (O level physics, biology and chemistry in 1974) but we learn lots of vocab, try some real experiments and have lots of fun! The project to plan P3''s hamsters journey into earth orbit and back will restart when the school reopens. Based on the result of last years experiment with candles, metal cutlery, plastic chopsticks and bamboo to see which conduct heat the best we intend to make the heat shield on the re-entry capsule from bamboo.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many years does it take to prosecute a case when all the evidence was gathered many moons ago and all Futsal courts were inspected and found to be inferior and no one was allowed to use them.  Even in Udon Thani there was corruption when they built the Futsal courts, unbelievable.

They always give people ample time to escape if they need to !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

They always give people ample time to escape if they need to !

It does seem so........look at Red Bull boy, the SpaceShip Monk and then all the former government officials.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many years does it take to prosecute a case when all the evidence was gathered many moons ago and all Futsal courts were inspected and found to be inferior and no one was allowed to use them.  Even in Udon Thani there was corruption when they built the Futsal courts, unbelievable.

It depends on who is named and what position they hold.

Mostly it will last longer than peoples memory.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Govt officials submit bid for a project.

Bid amount is higher than the projected cost.

They execute the project in the cheapest manner possible.

The difference is then applied to BMWs, luxury watches, mia nois, and kickbacks to other officials who helped them push the project through.

I'm simply SHOCKED! How dare they.

bath_lady.jpg

That must be fake news, it wouldn't be allowed to happen in Thailand, or could it? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Where was Prayuth in 2012? Was it him and his government or a previous one that was very good at corruption.

They are all good at corruption. The difference with the army and Prayuth is the massive degree of deception involved. Thaksin did not pretend to be honest. Prayuth does pretend and deceives at least a few thousand with his goody two shoes act.

Thaksin on the other hand  was an effective leader, and accomplished quite a bit for the people. 

Prayuth is as ineffective, incompetent and despised by his people, as a PM could possibly be. He is an utter failure. 

Edited by spidermike007