Lamppostgate! : Regulators to investigate corruption scandal estimated at ONE BILLION baht

webfact

Pattanakarn Road in Pattaya, running parallel to the railway road on the Dark Side, also known as Thung Klom-Tan Man Road, has been blessed with those ugly lamp posts years ago. 

Next to existing posts and functioning lamps all that proof of zero taste at extremely overpriced tags, the Nong Prue municipality had installed dozens of those symbols of outright corruption. 

Same could be seen along the entire North Pattaya road, linking Sukhumvit road with the round-about next to the Dusit hotel. The posts, positioned in the middle between the lines in opposite direction, they had metal elements which got hit by a couple of motorbike drivers. Lateron those metal elements were turned into the direction of driving. 

Do not tell me, that this came as a surprise; back in 2015 this corruption visibility in its uglification of an ugly city - while all those tax payers stood there and said not a single word! It is their money they burn - not mine! 

• Like 1

Look at those stickers on hos computer!

Absolute child. He thinks it makes him look fun and loveable.

Went to the hospital a few weeks ago and the doctor wrote my notes with a hello kitty pen.

Grow up thai officials.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The scandal involves putting sculpted figures - often at high cost - onto lampposts on stretches of roads. 

And Prayut thought he masterminded the "lets go halves scheme"... it's been going on for years.

• Haha 2

In the last three months a few hundred light poles have been placed in our rural area along the main road (no cool designs though).  I would understand putting up lights by the road that go through villages but a good many of them are just on straight stretches of road through cassava and cow fields?  Seems like a waste of money, that is why you have headlights for night.   Wife and I joke the cows need to see at night to poop or someone in power has a light post factory.  Just think of the electricity they burn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

In the last three months a few hundred light poles have been placed in our rural area along the main road (no cool designs though).  I would understand putting up lights by the road that go through villages but a good many of them are just on straight stretches of road through cassava and cow fields?  Seems like a waste of money, that is why you have headlights for night.   Wife and I joke the cows need to see at night to poop or someone in power has a light post factory.  Just think of the electricity they burn.

It's all about the next rigged election. Thais see straight through this B##S and every time I ask a Thai if they like Prayut the answer is always .... let's just say in the negative. Fair to say I don't hang out with the hi-so crowd. Roads etc. being built everywhere and you can guarantee plenty of kickbacks to the contractors when the people who keep this country going are really struggling. Unfortunately there is only one outcome when the corrupt 'investigate' the corrupt.

3 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

At least it sounds like they work. On a busy road in Chalong, Phuket, they recently built a central reservation with lamposts in the middle with two branches to light each side of the road. Sound fine until night arrives when you see that half of the lights don't work, those that do work have dull orange lights that provide minimal light, just one or two have decent white lights, which in itself is odd.

And it's be like this for a couple of months; the job's finished...but it isn't and probably never will be as the budget will have been dispersed in the appropriate manner.