Phuket Sandbox: All tourists to wear location tracking wristbands

webfact

Lol I arrive the 1st in bkk I'll do my 14 days, funny thing is the app to follow me everywhere and I'll be covid free and vaccinated. What about the thais? It's not the farang that are giving the covid to the thais lol bit they are not being tracked and traced. I am just pointing this out not complaining, Ill be happy to be back in my 2nd home. ♥️♥️♥️????????????????

Good luck with that splendid idea. I wonder how a passenger arriving in Phuket and NOT knowing anything about the jail-kind of treatment with wristbands will react. Most hilarious scenes to be expected upon arrival and I hope that some are shared on Youtube. 

It is written in the bible "Lord, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing". Never ever heard a more stupid idea from the ruling experts in inbound tourism handling. Well done - give them all a medal with High Five engraved ....... 

20 minutes ago, Dazauz said:

Lol I arrive the 1st in bkk I'll do my 14 days, funny thing is the app to follow me everywhere and I'll be covid free and vaccinated. What about the thais? It's not the farang that are giving the covid to the thais lol bit they are not being tracked and traced. I am just pointing this out not complaining, Ill be happy to be back in my 2nd home. ♥️♥️♥️????????????????

As of now, it appears far more dangerous for a foreigner to return here, than for the Thais who are exposed to a foreigner.

All quarantine requirements and other restrictions should be scrapped immediately. All bars reopened. All restaurants allowed to serve booze. Stop living in fear.

Failure should be admitted by the half men. And the errors corrected. How do you improve, if you cannot admit your errors? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, the green light said:

Let us understand one thing here and ask ourselves some questions

1. does the government trust any vaccines available in the world?

I am not sure if they believe that the vaccines are effective or just a waste of money. Many restrictions are still in place even if vaccinated.

Are vaccinated people safe around to move in their country? 

vaccinated people roam in their country with unvaccinated people .

why put a lot of restrictions on fully vaccinated tourists? 

Fully vaccinated tourists with a negative covid 19  test should be safe to come to thailand without quarantine or health insurance

SO I don't  understand their worries. Can somebody explain it to me?

It is like inviting somebody to dinner and chocking  him while he eats.

NONE OF THEM WILL SHOW UP AT THE DOOR.

It is Thai logical... no one understands

• Like 2

because they were sitting at home too much due to covid they ordered a lot on Lazada and got the idea to track and trace (the parcel/)tourists coming.....are the tourist with a wristband now traceable at where is my parcel now??

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My wife thinks all farang should be made to wear one all the time

As you are Farang, that would include you.

... could it be, that her reason to support the wristbands

has some totally different, ulterior motives ?

????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway ... I am sure, these tracking wristbands will attract a lot of tourists ????

Especially, if people are taking into consideration 

their ...well.. „extraordinary“ ability and track record in protecting your confidential data.

... as recently again successfully shown on not only with 1, but 2, governmental websites ...

• Like 2

They're doing everything possible to discourage people from visiting Thailand, aren't they?

What a joke!

This sandbox thing will be a massive failure.

Their indecision has already caused most of the people to cancel who did book. Less than 2 weeks out and they still haven't made up their minds about things.

T I T

• Like 2

There is absolutely not point in this bracelet.  If foreign tourists bring disease to Phuket, Thais will spread it around the country themselves anyway. 

I would certainly not come, if I found out I had to wear a security device like a prisoner on bail. 

• Like 1

Two things wrong in this article:

SANDBOX UPDATE - entering Phuket protocol as defined by the ATTA (Association of Thai Travel Agents)

3. Health insurance MUST include cover for Covid-related treatment to a minimum of $50,000 (previously $100,000) and that must be clearly stated on the policy cover note

5. International arrivals must download the MorChana app (english version), insert the CoE number and agree to 'share location'. Each hotel will have a SHA manager who will inform the relevant authorities if you switch off the share location permission

6. Arrivals who do not have a mobile phone, or a mobile phone that does not support the app, will be required to a wear wristband provided to you for track and trace purposes only

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thailandvisaandsandbox/announcements

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

Wow! I'd say this is by far the nicest idea they ever had to lure in more of those pesky Farangs who never shower... They will flock in by the millions just to lay their hands on this beautiful, shiny wrist jewels that - on top of it all - are free! What a great win-win situation! Maybe charge them for the batteries and creatively "fine-tune" that price to basically cover the costs of the wristbands? Marketing-wise, they should come up with a great slogan for that... let me think... "You'll never walk alone!" ? "Big brother's watching you!" ? "Don't worry, be happy!" ? "We got you covered!" ? I'm sure those clever tourism, marketing and health experts will come up with something SOLID... 

The other big draw is the fact that the Indian variant is on its way to becoming the dominate variant in Thailand. Within a month things could be be much worse in the sandbox, as in US where the Indian variant got cases up for lows around 2,000 a day to nearly 8,000 within a few weeks. That level of cases in Thailand would be panic stations with hospitals overflowing but, given the low level of vaccinations in Thailand and lower efficacy of vaccines used vs the UK, it could spread much faster.  Being on holiday in the midst of an out of control epidemic wouldn't be much fun.  Flights home are likely to be cancelled and tougher quarantines imposed, if they can get home. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WineOh said:

That's it!

The final nail in the coffin for the Phuket Sandpit.

They will be lucky if they reach double figures when they open with draconian measures such as these.

Of all the hoops and hurdled required to enter Thailand at the moment, why would a 

wristband with some kind of tracking device be the final nail in the scheme?

Most people happily carry around a phone which does pretty much the same thing, 

and surely only spies and hardened criminals worry about whether the authorities

knows which beach, bar restaurant or hotel they are staying at. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Actually if you read all the restrictions you don't have to agree at all. All you need to do is cancel your holiday in Phuket and go somewhere that you will be welcomed.

I've not really been paying attention, so is there a country that you can just book a 

flight to and have a nice holiday with absolutely no restrictions? 

I'm in the UK and the list of places I can visit without having to quarantine on my return

is ridiculously small and virtually impossible to get to like the Falklands and St Helena.

Aus and NZ are ok but I'm not sure are open to tourists right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is not the first time I've heard about a wristband tracking device for tourists.

I distinctly recall something very similar being proposed years before the pandemic and all in the name of 'Tourist safety'.....

Looks like they're finally getting their wish.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, keith101 said:

Not if they have to go through all that BS as the are fully vaccinated according to the guidelines for entry into Phuket .

Vaccination wich is not mentioned . The article now writes about quarantine 14 days . Confusing...

6 hours ago, the green light said:

Let us understand one thing here and ask ourselves some questions

1. does the government trust any vaccines available in the world?

I am not sure if they believe that the vaccines are effective or just a waste of money. Many restrictions are still in place even if vaccinated.

Are vaccinated people safe around to move in their country? 

vaccinated people roam in their country with unvaccinated people .

why put a lot of restrictions on fully vaccinated tourists? 

Fully vaccinated tourists with a negative covid 19  test should be safe to come to thailand without quarantine or health insurance

SO I don't  understand their worries. Can somebody explain it to me?

It is like inviting somebody to dinner and chocking  him while he eats.

NONE OF THEM WILL SHOW UP AT THE DOOR.

Well you might  forget that there is a possibility that the Thais think the Cinese  will visit ( if Cina is ok with it ...) and they are probably vaccinated Sinovac wich is not that effective in ????????????

They just keep on making it more & more attractive for folks to want to come to play in the Phuket Sandbox!  I can't hardly wait to try on my  new "location tracking bracelet".  I sure hope it has a built in GPS & a pacer to track my distance when I go for a walk on the beach!