Thailand’s airports prepare for full reopening to foreign visitors in 4 months

webfact

15 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I’ve always said no matter how they open up the tourists won’t be back in serious numbers until there no restrictions. Personally I’m looking forward to be able to leave knowing I can return unhindered. I’ve already missed 4 trips back home since last March.

There will always be restrictions even if covid had magically disappeared .they would make up others   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the full translation of the Prime Ministers message. Seems quite sensible to me, where he states the country needs to open up to ease economic woes, but it is a risk and the Government may have to react if a Covid 19 outbreak occurs.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha stated that the Government aims to fully reopen the country within the next 120 days.
The statement was made on 16 June 2021 and was televised on the Television Pool of Thailand. It informed the people of the progress of mass vaccination against COVID-19 and Thailand’s roadmap following its recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
In his statement, the Prime Minister said that Thailand had agreed to secure COVID-19 vaccines from six manufacturers, namely Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, and AstraZeneca. It had also signed contracts to procure 105.5 million doses of vaccines to be delivered to the country before the end of this year. Additional vaccines will be secured next year, as well.
He reaffirmed that more than 10 million doses a month would be offered to the people. If there are enough vaccines, 50 million people will receive at least the first dose by early October 2021.
The Prime Minister said, "The time has now come for us to look ahead and set a date for when we can fully open our country and start receiving visitors, because re-opening the country is one of the important ways to start reducing the enormous suffering of people who have lost their ability to earn income. I am, therefore, setting a goal for us to be able to declare Thailand fully open within 120 days from today, and for tourism centers that are ready, to do so even faster. The only exception to these guidelines will be if a truly serious situation develops or seems likely to develop, and we will look at those situations on a case-by-case basis.
"I know this decision comes with some risk because when we open the country there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions. But, I think, when we take into consideration the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take that calculated risk. The priorities for our country must now advance to the next level.
"Our national policy must now evolve and we must look on this virus just as we would on the many other diseases that are in the world and with which we must learn to live. We have seen that this virus is not going to go away quickly. We have to come to terms that it will continue to be around in the world and in Thailand for some time. We cannot wait for a time when everyone is fully vaccinated with two shots to open the country or for when the world is free of the virus. We must be ready to live with some risk and just try to keep it at a manageable level, and let people go back to being able to earn a living. That is the policy that I have set.”

Just now, the green light said:

Nothing has been said about quarantine and health insurance? Until the government removes the quarantine and proof of health insurance and no covd19 test upon arrival.. No visitors will come to Thailand.  It is all fluff air to make everybody feel that we will be back to normal.

The united states started vaccinated since January. We are 6 month down the pike  and the country is not yet in order.. things are costing more and there is a shortage on many items. It is an indication that factory is not operating at full speed. And 4 month later ,  most American  got another stimulus. Things take time to get fixed. there is no quick quick fix.

Without vaccination and relaxing the immigration rules.. nobody will come to Thailand this winter.

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

It is good to be optimistic but opening up to international tourism in 120days is a difficult bet.

quarantine + health insurance ( useless) + covid19 test upon arrival for fully vaccinated tourists + app on the phone + bracelets to be tracked.

These things will not lure tourists to come over again like 2019

• Like 2

Just now, the green light said:

quarantine + health insurance ( useless) + covid19 test upon arrival for fully vaccinated tourists + app on the phone + bracelets to be tracked.

These things will not lure tourists to come over again like 2019

there are better to go than Thailand now for a holiday

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Wow!  and just look at the major airlines listed too!  better work fast I can see tourist stepping over t????????????mselves  4 months is just around the corner.

They are talking about Krabi in the report a very small airport in the scheme of things

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, the green light said:

Nothing has been about quarantine and health insurance? Until the government remove the quarantine and proof of health insurance and not covd19 test upon arrival.. No visitors will come to Thailand.  It is all fluff air to make everybody feel that we will be back to normal.

The united states started vaccinated since January. We are 6 month down the pike  and the country is not yet in order.. things are costing more and there is a shortage on many items. It is an indication that factory is not operating at full speed. And 4 month later ,  most American  got another stimulus. Things take time to get fixed. there is no quick quick fix.

Without vaccination and relaxing the immigration rules.. nobody will come to Thailand this winter.

There is always someone who will come to visit. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, moe666 said:

There is always someone who will come to visit. 

Yes, but in nothing like the numbers which they will inevitably predict.

But that is not the main point. At the moment the government has instituted and maintained a draconian clampdown on a variety of businesses. They have been closed and no hope is offered as to when they might reopen. Managed reopening, with sensible restrictions in place, and properly policed will allow people to start earning again. It may only be a fraction of what they had before, but it will be something. At the moment they have nothing, and no prospect of earning anything. The utter lack of hope, combined with no assistance from the government, is doing immense damage.