Home isolation for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients waiting for hospital beds

webfact

000_98F4ZA.jpg

File / Beds and items provided to patients in a field hospital set up in the Bangkok Arena indoor multi-purpose sporting venue to accomodate an upsurge in the number of Covid-19 coronavirus cases in the country.

Thailand’s Medical Services Department is to issue advisories for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients, on how to take care of themselves while they are waiting for hospital beds during to the current shortage.

Dr. Somsak Akkasilp, the department’s director-general, said today (Sunday) that each patient isolating at home will also be given a thermometer and an oximeter, to monitor their condition.

Those who are considered to be at high risk will be given Favipiravir anti-viral medication, while those who are considered to be at moderate or low risk will be given the Fah Talai Jone Thai traditional herbal medicine, he said, adding that doctors will follow up via video call and periodical home visits, or will coordinate with members of civil society to take care of those who badly need to be hospitalized.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/home-isolation-for-asymptomatic-covid-19-patients-waiting-for-hospital-beds/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“On June 25th, 90% of all ICU beds were occupied in the capital, leaving only 27 empty”

That means they already have over 250 beds full on Bangkok.  Worrying times as the Delta variant will not have peaked yet. 

Nonsense. You do not understand Thai mathematics ! ????

Thailand has also upped their serious critical to 1664 now, which means criticals have gone up near 250 in last 48 hours (though maybe lag of worldometer ). That means to me - with additions - atleast 40 dead average a day now for the next 2 months minimum. Fully expect to hit 60 dead in the coming days though, which will pretty much chuck them on a red list (if not their own)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

I'd say very worrying,I think the Delta variant hasn't even got in the ring yet, let alone started to fight a round.

agree, it is there and like other countries is likely to become dominant very quickly

what that means for Thailand going forward is hard to work out but it isn't good 

is that an agenda lol

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

If asymptomatic, or even mildly symptomatic, then why need a hospital bed?

Just isolate at home seems an obviously simple solution. 

Correct, this is what happens in the real world, you're told to self isolate at home for a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

If asymptomatic, or even mildly symptomatic, then why need a hospital bed?

Just isolate at home seems an obviously simple solution. 

If you know the people of Thailand well you would know that it is impossible to live all under one roof with a lavish family

Just now, Excel said:

Don't be silly.  Shows how much you understand them and look down on them treating them as stupid. The rural folk in my area have more common sense then you would like to give them credit for.

I have also seen astounding stupidity in rural areas where it is apparent there is lack of education. Their very eating habits is a cause for contagion concern. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Don't be silly.  Shows how much you understand them and look down on them treating them as stupid. The rural folk in my area have more common sense then you would like to give them credit for.

Are the family members living in the same room going to self-isolate, too?

to be fair, in the village, the headman is probably going to enforce self-isolation. But, in the cities, Mai pen rai.

Edited by Danderman123

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Past treatment of those testing positive was for all to go into quarantine, to try and prevent it being passed on. I believe they all got some form of medication whether symptomatic or not. Beds would seem necessary as 2 weeks of standing up wasn't suitable.... 

Isolation at home... most people, would be in contact with at least family as they often live in large multi generation groups and certainly those needing to work, would be going out to do so. 

Well up to a point but the family and neighbours would ensure that they need not have to work , in my area anyway. However the upside to that is that generally they would be in an open air environment, rather than living in condos, buildings, travelling on BTS etc or working in offices where central aircon distribute viruses as we are all too aware of.

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

rather than living in condos, buildings, travelling on BTS etc or working in offices where central aircon distribute viruses as we are all too aware of.

You seem to be putting forward good reasons for those testing positive to be put into quarantine......

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Are the family members living in the same room going to self-isolate, too?

to be fair, in the village, the headman is probably going to enforce self-isolation. But, in the cities, Mai pen rai.

In my post I was only discussing those in rural areas.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Correct, this is what happens in the real world, you're told to self isolate at home for a couple of weeks.

and what happened in the "real world" aside 50K+ cases and four-figure deaths per day?

(and thats with incomes/rent covered.. here you get nothing)

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

and what happened in the "real world" aside 50K+ cases and four-figure deaths per day?

(and thats with incomes/rent covered.. here you get nothing)

Exactly..... 120.000 total deaths, 4.5 million infections against under  2000 deaths and 250,000 infections..... European Countries cannot keep it out, nor contained. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Medical Services Department is to issue advisories for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients, on how to take care of themselves while they are waiting for hospital beds during to the current shortage.

The Delta variant is really only just now getting a hold in Bangkok, and already proving to be tough to stop.

Little in the way of treatment, people with underlying ailments at most risk, and only having one vaccine for many  proving to be almost useless as a preventative measure..

Wait until the numbers increase and people start to spread it around to other provinces, which history has proved it will happen. 

Then watch the mire hit the fan.