Benz Battery choice, how much do you pay and how long does it last ? I haven't found cheaper than official battery from Benz dealer. It's a gel battery.

Hello,

Can you tell me how long lasts your Mercedes battery and for which model ? How much do you pay it ?

Somebody can use it more than 4 years ? Price seem to be similar anywhere, around 15000 for a gel battery for car with start / stop (need more powerful battery than standard cars).

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

From the OP -

"around 15000 for a gel battery for car with start / stop (need more powerful battery than standard cars)"

Hiway robbery.

Get a battery with the same - or more - Reserve capacity and C20 rating as the OEM.

MB does not make batteries - the are sourced from outside suppliers.

Altho I have heard that MB and BMW  try to force you to buy a battery from them as a code is built into the battery.

code.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, benzw205 said:

Price seem to be similar anywhere, around 15000 for a gel battery

Gel batteries would be unusual for a car starting battery.  Gel technology is a slow discharge.  They are used primarily for wheel chairs, fishing motors, and I use to have a gel battery for an electric golf caddy.  They have show discharge rather than high cranking power. Gel batteries are less tolerant of heat, and require a slow trickle charge.  I would anticipate recharging on a cars generator would ruin a true gel battery.   Perhaps what you are truly seeking is a maintenance free sealed lead acid battery. 
image.png.4252ed21c0ceb949746e0bded1664774.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

Our last service  5 weeks ago we had  a battery part number MA000 982 96 08 replaced at a unit price of 7,500 Baht.. They then gave a discount of 15% , final cost inc. VAT was 6,375.  Mercedes Benz Talingchan.

5 year old E Class BlueTech.

Hope that helps.

I guess that you know that what you changed is not the main battery but the second auxiliary battery, right ? or you wouldn't be posting here...

????

The battery on the eclass costs 15000 thb, at Benz or any local shop for the same quality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

https://www.batteryprothailand.com/shop-by-model/mercedes-benz.html

Seems to be about 3000-4000 Baht, depending on the model, similar as for a Toyota.

I guess you guys just got overcharged by about 10k.

Wow ! someone who knows nothing insists...

Since 2014 all Merc use AGM batteries.

For your instruction, as Toyota will use them within the next century:

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/blog/what-is-an-agm-battery-and-whats-the-big-deal

The cheapest that you can get in Thailand if you are lucky is:

https://xn--m3caabph7cgh3h3d2fk9h4b.com/product/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-varta-silver-dynamic-agm-din70/

VARTA SILVER DYNAMIC AGM DIN70 car battery

But not all batteries have the same size, so if not original, it might not fit correctly in your car.

Understand ? Vigo not same Merc even in Thailand not same same...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

But not all batteries have the same size, so if not original, it might not fit correctly in your car.

Most MB, BMW, etc use a Group 94 size battery.

They are available widely throughout Thailand.

Only difference is some are a VRLA, in both lead-acid, AGM, and Gel style

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

I guess that you know that what you changed is not the main battery but the second auxiliary battery, right ? or you wouldn't be posting here...

????

The battery on the eclass costs 15000 thb, at Benz or any local shop for the same quality.

As the original post did not specify which battery s/he was enquiring on, I replied with a 100% factual answer which if you notice even included the part number. After you have imparted all your knowledge on batteries, if you have time there's a good book by Dale Carnegie I can suggest to further expand your wisdom.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

As the original post did not specify which battery s/he was enquiring on, I replied with a 100% factual answer which if you notice even included the part number. After you have imparted all your knowledge on batteries, if you have time there's a good book by Dale Carnegie I can suggest to further expand your wisdom.

Bla bla bla... Really can't stop laughing !

You don't even know what battery they changed you because you didn't even know that there was an auxiliary battery on your car, but you dare to reply more hahahahaa... And you where thinking that a merc battery could cost 7500 thb hahahahaha...

I guess that everybody else was also thinking just like you that the OP was about an auxiliary battery... hahaha... ridiculous !

• Like 1

Some inflammatory posts have been removed.

A post and a reply discussing other members have been removed:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

• Thanks 1