Nightlife Workers Seek Aid

webfact

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

They also showed bikinis as the symbols of their careers which were stalled.

If any of them need refresher courses to resume their careers I would be happy to oblige.

• Haha 2

I did not know they paid tax, some have been coining it in for a few years but nothing left. The only handouts they will get are what the rest are getting. That's 500 baht a month spending 50/50 total 3k, starts July ist I think. What makes 'nightlife workers' think they are a special case? Go past any Krungthai bank and you will see people registering, even though it's hardly worth it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

After midnight, and too many beers, I think they’d all look pretty good…

No they wouldn't, I'll stick to my old philosophy if in doubt leave it out 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Haha 1

And here I am thinking "what if they organized, but on a more effective basis?" For example, instead of striking like this and becoming a spectacle mostly for witty jibes, compile a database of clientele of high rank at the various ministries and both the frequency and variety of their romantic liaisons? Once that's populated (shouldn't take more than a month I would expect), they'd be able to walk in with a list of demands and have them written into law without debate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at then I wonder if they ever made any money in their so called nightlife work?

Maybe as scarecrow or something like that.

...which is why alcohol sales are so important to their profession!  6+ beers and they will look much better!

• Like 2