Payment Car problem

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

i would guess at 1 every 6 months

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

You don't take a new car in for it's first inspection until 5000 km. 

So after 2.3 years old, you think he should have had it serviced 4 times?

12 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Also, Toyota "may" if the shortfall from the auction sale is not paid, they can go after her house or any other asset in her name.!

No, Toyota cannot just "go after her house".   The finance company could take her to court for the outstanding amount and the court could issue a payment order against her but the house would not, at that stage, be in danger as it has not been offered as security for the loan.

If she failed to comply with that court order the creditor could then go back to the court which would decide how, or if, any assets could be liquidated.

She is very unlikely to lose the house to Toyota.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:
6 hours ago, steve187 said:

You don't take a new car in for it's first inspection until 5000 km. 

So after 2.3 years old, you think he should have had it serviced 4 times?

Service intervals are by mileage or time since purchase/last service.  You really think, for example, that a little-used, ten-year old car with, say, 10,000km on the clock only needs one or two services in ten years? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She's not going to lose her house unless it was collateral for the loan.

Sorry but in my experience this is incorrect. If a debt is owed they "can" go after ANY assets in her name.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 8:54 PM, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Yes it has.The car is "brand new" and has no issues or damage at all
She made a wrong decision to buy before our marriage and not consulting me
I had some arguments why she bought it, and it was a big mistake

At this moment the car is standing every day in front of the house and NOBODY is drving it
I am in my own country and have managed NOT to pay anything,because of the Covid situation
Toyota agreed to suspend the payment for 3 month (according the law/Covid related)
I NOT need a car.....but she did buy before and now i try to find a solution
I think she need to pay off another 500.000 baht and i will not do this.
I adviced her to sell asap and make arrangements.I will be back in Thailand next week

Problem is that due to Covid 1,000s of others are in the same position if she still owes 500k I think she would struggle even to sell it at that price it’s a buyers market for those who have the money but they will bargain hard or walk away maybe she should try and get a further extension to the three month holiday she was given finance companies don’t want to be placing cars in auction as they know they won’t get enough to clear the debt 

29 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Problem is that due to Covid 1,000s of others are in the same position if she still owes 500k I think she would struggle even to sell it at that price it’s a buyers market for those who have the money but they will bargain hard or walk away maybe she should try and get a further extension to the three month holiday she was given finance companies don’t want to be placing cars in auction as they know they won’t get enough to clear the debt 

If the car goes to auction i.e for non payment or handing the car back to Toyota and if the car only got 300K at auction, the op's wife is still required to pay the outstanding 200K-300K as there are additional charges  levied if the car is repossessed

36 minutes ago, merlen10002 said:

The car is a second hand car, a used car, the only time it was new is when it was in the dealership once it has number plates put on it and driven on the road it is used, no car driving on the road is new they are all second hand,, used cars,, sorry to tell you. 

The best way is to contact Toyota Finance and tell them the full situation, you maybe surprised how much they will help her, tell the the truth do not lie to them, they are more interested in getting as much money back as she is getting rid of the can ,, they know you can not get blood out of a stone, do not let it go on and be repossessed, I know what I am talking about I was a motor dealer and  manger of BMW Sydney before coming to Thailand, I do not now if Thailand has an ombudsman if they do tell her to contact them they will do the best job for her. 

Do not let it get repossessed  

The ombudsman Phone number is,, 02-141-9146 Anyapatch Sattayaphan . tell her to call today or very soon. they will help and do all the work for her. do not let it get repossessed if that happens it will be very difficult to do anything.  

40 minutes ago, merlen10002 said:

The car is a second hand car, a used car, the only time it was new is when it was in the dealership once it has number plates put on it and driven on the road it is used, no car driving on the road is new they are all second hand,, used cars,, sorry to tell you. 

The best way is to contact Toyota Finance and tell them the full situation, you maybe surprised how much they will help her, tell the the truth do not lie to them, they are more interested in getting as much money back as she is getting rid of the can ,, they know you can not get blood out of a stone, do not let it go on and be repossessed, I know what I am talking about I was a motor dealer and  manger of BMW Sydney before coming to Thailand, I do not now if Thailand has an ombudsman if they do tell her to contact them they will do the best job for her. 

Do not let it get repossessed  

Agreed. The car is 2 years old. Doesn't matter if it was rarely used. It won't be considered "brand new" in any way in the sellers market.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, MICHAELDUTCH said:

3 times
She always goes to the Toyota dealer and have all legal documents/papers.insurance./etc etc

3 scheduled maintenance service required in 7000 km.  Seems unusually high unless she has just been going on the dealers recommendation for every 3-4 months regardless of the km driven.  A lot of overkill in that case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:22 PM, MICHAELDUTCH said:

1/Can she now return her car to Toyota and arrange something?
2.Can she sell the car independently to a third party
3.Can she resell the 7 year contract to a third party?

1. She could just default, then they will come to take it and auction it off, but like this she will lose the most.

2 and 3 are possible, ask the finance company for details on how to do this.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As a husband I am aghast that the Op is not more sympathetic to his wife to the tune of 290 baht per day.

I’m surprised his wife has not kicked him out already !!! - Again, its 290 baht per day for the convenience of a Car, they can use for trips, shopping, the additional safety of not having to use a motorbike etc.

Unless the Op wishes to remain house bound - 290 baht per day is a very good deal !!! 

That's still 8700 baht/month or 104k baht a year.

PS: I need a short term, low-interest loan. If you can help, please PM me.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:21 PM, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Just trying that my wife not make mistakes again and i not know of i can advertise here.

Good luck with that, in another tread we have an American who has the cash but want his wife to buy on credit. What is wrong with this world?

• Haha 1

At this moment the car is standing every day in front of the house and NOBODY is drving it
I am in my own country and have managed NOT to pay anything,because of the Covid situation
Toyota agreed to suspend the payment for 3 month (according the law/Covid related)
I adviced her to sell asap and make arrangements.I will be back in Thailand next week

Michael, I understand she was a naughty girl, but since you are about to come to Thailand, you might want to reconsider.  We are having a 3rd wave of Covid which is much worse than before. Higher infection rates and higher death rates even among younger people. Recently,  32 year old pregnant lady died of Covid!  I wouldn't want to ride around in taxis, or on buses or BTS right now.

If you are legally married and intend to stay that way, you also might soften you approach! ???? Yes, she made a mistake, but, being human you'll make mistakes, too.  What goes around, comes around! If you bail her out this time, she'll be much more tolerant when you make a mistake.  It's only a little over €13,000.  If she isn't worth that much, why did you marry her?

Good luck,

Don

• Like 1

Not trying to be sarcastic?  Without knowing the reason why she isn't able to make the payment any longer the car does look very clean with only 7000 KM after 2.5 years not using it much?

Although the purchase was made prior to your marriage my assumption she is Thai? my opinion is regardless she is your wife. I remember I told my dad I was going to get married his reply was " why buy the cow when you already getting the milk for free "???? my other thought regardless of unable to make payments and KM does she want to keep the vehicle?  if she does as a husband what is the reason why you wouldn't help with payment or paying it off?????

37 minutes ago, donmuang37 said:

Michael, I understand she was a naughty girl, but since you are about to come to Thailand, you might want to reconsider.  We are having a 3rd wave of Covid which is much worse than before. Higher infection rates and higher death rates even among younger people. Recently,  32 year old pregnant lady died of Covid!  I wouldn't want to ride around in taxis, or on buses or BTS right now.

If you are legally married and intend to stay that way, you also might soften you approach! ???? Yes, she made a mistake, but, being human you'll make mistakes, too.  What goes around, comes around! If you bail her out this time, she'll be much more tolerant when you make a mistake.  It's only a little over €13,000.  If she isn't worth that much, why did you marry her?

Good luck,

Don

37 minutes ago, donmuang37 said:

Good luck,

Don

Don.

I didn't see your remarks so I responded which happens to be right below your original reply!  Right On! now I know the whole story and his response just shows the general type of person he happens to be!  " Soften his approach " I think was really being kind his approach is one of someone who need and have to control she will find that out people around will see it if not already true it will not last long if he can't or won't lighten up!

Sell to a reader here for 500,000.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

3 scheduled maintenance service required in 7000 km.  Seems unusually high unless she has just been going on the dealers recommendation for every 3-4 months regardless of the km driven.  A lot of overkill in that case.

The car is 28months old, three services in that time is not overkill, it's a service every 9 months, not "every 3-4 months".   Services should be carried out by mileage or the time since the last one, as specified by the manufacturer.

49 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Expand  

Sell to a reader here for 500,000.

"Sell to a reader here for 500,000".

Won't happen.   Not many members here would believe that it's a good deal because most of them tediously claim that "Thais never have their cars serviced, always buy from foreigners" (even though service centres are usually full of Thai-owned cars being serviced)! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Don.

I didn't see your remarks so I responded which happens to be right below your original reply!  Right On! now I know the whole story and his response just shows the general type of person he happens to be!  " Soften his approach " I think was really being kind his approach is one of someone who need and have to control she will find that out people around will see it if not already true it will not last long if he can't or won't lighten up!

The OP? Maybe he's not a WBU alumni (or doesn't want to be).