Thailand will open to tourism in mid-October

snoop1130

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

The Phuket sandbox should be delayed to October instead.

I can't agree with you more. The Phuket sandbox is too rushed. Direction is more important than speed. But currently there isn't much direction in tackling this pandemic but they are speeding up. Probably to save their faces for the time being. 

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Do you want Thailand to become like India?

I hope not. But the virus is spreading faster and faster day by day.  And consistent little misjudgements are adding up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The Phuket sandbox should be delayed to October instead. Do you want Thailand to become like India?

Thailand and India are hardly comparable in terms of development level or available medical resources. You are over dramatising.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lolalol said:

What are you trying to say? Are you saying that they still don't have enough vaccine?!?!?!? Thats impossible!!

You tell me how much vaccine they have.

It's a trick question. 

They do not have adequate supply.

Nowhere near it.

Look at the daily numbers of vaccinations.

The original aim was 500k per day.

They almost reached that June 7. Day 1.

Since then most often been below 250k. One day was ~73k.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

The Phuket sandbox should be delayed to October instead. Do you want Thailand to become like India?

Yeah, how about december))

People planning winter vacation in the summer. At exact this moment. If dude wont show he is ready to open RIGHT NOW then thousands and thousands of tourist would buy tickets to Mexico, Dubai or whatever esle will be open in winter. He has to show his commitment. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

India, at the moment, is looking much improved from a few weeks ago, the numbers are plummeting. A massive vaccination effort (and a decision to stop exporting it) likely the reasons.  

I fear the sandbox is a no return situation now.

• Like 1

There is no point reviewing this article and countering every inaccuracy and blatant lie. It is quite simply fantasy from start to finish.

the only thing that scares me is whether the government actually think that some of it may be true and take decisions based on that premise.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lolalol said:

I can't agree with you more. The Phuket sandbox is too rushed. Direction is more important than speed. But currently there isn't much direction in tackling this pandemic but they are speeding up. Probably to save their faces for the time being. 

I hope not. But the virus is spreading faster and faster day by day.  And consistent little misjudgements are adding up.

The Indian variant can spread quite fast if it comes to Thailand

Edited by EricTh

12 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Thailand and India are hardly comparable in terms of development level or available medical resources. You are over dramatising.

Really?

The vaccines are only effective against the Chinese variant which was first detected.

Has any large scale studies been done on the Indian variant which should need a new vaccine.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

India, at the moment, is looking much improved from a few weeks ago, the numbers are plummeting. A massive vaccination effort (and a decision to stop exporting it) likely the reasons.  

I fear the sandbox is a no return situation now.

Really? Watch video below which just came out.

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Really? Watch video below which just came out.

Yes really..... I suspect much of that is from a few weeks ago.....early to Mid May, says little and is talking also of Australia.... not specific to what I said. Look at the numbers here.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

1 minute ago, Misterwhisper said:

Why do these NNT reports always read like they were some sort of hilarious satire?

Isn't it done to make us all spit coffee from our noses and then roll on the floor laughing in hysterics.  I thought that was what NNT was for (Naturally).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How can any prediction be made months away?

They cannot even tell us how much vaccine is available next week here,and  not having mass testing worldwide how many carry albeit asymptomatically any variant.

By October with new variants all present vaccines may be redundant or found ineffective, or be needing a 3d shot for winter protection,While UK mulls 3rd shot many here will have had nothing even paying 3800 doesn't gaurantee a date.

I am not predicting that new muatations will emerge but who knows? If we had predicted in Jan 2020 that travel would grind to halt you would have been called crazy. 

Of course hotels airlines need to plan but I think TAT and others are being over optimistic, even removing all entry controls visas COE , insurance and quarantine wont convince some to sit in planes with strangers for hours and then mingle with an only partially effectively vaxxed population and the risk of confinement in a gym petri dish.

IMHO Thailand needs to spend the cash on proper vaxx more than most as so dependent on tourism.

Of course the poor cannot pay but most retirees and hisos can .I'd be happy to co pay for all my village, or stick a tax on luxuries like alcohol and tobacco that the poor don't have to buy.

Edited by RubbaJohnny

In my calendar says 1st of July. 

So.....good month to everyone. 

Can we just have some photos and some data from the Phuket sandbox arrivals......??!!?!!!!!

I mean.....we read so much about it.....every day a new article every day a new target....129.000 arrivals 8,9 billion baht revenue, after 29.000 arrivals but same revenues... (amazing Thailand). 

Did anyone come today?!?!!!! 

Because it's 1st of July and I always trusted the General and Thai officials.......Not. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, RandolphGB said:

Why wait until October?

yes this is very late. If we are vaccinated and have a négative test, plus a good medical insurance, there is absolutely no risks for thai population, only benefits ! I don't understand what they are so affraid of for a disease that finally kills less than the suicides and road accidents occurring every day in Thailand !! 

• Like 1