All first day Sandbox tourists test COVID negative as rules change for land arrivals

webfact

1625286324_1-org.jpg

Governor Narong Woonciew. Photo: PR Dept

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: All foreign tourists that arrived in Phuket on the first day of the Sandbox initiative last Thursday (July 1) tested negative for COVID-19, Governor Narong Woonciew has confirmed.

“About 400 tourists arrived in Phuket on July 1, and all of them were tested for the first time at the airport,” Governor Narong said today (July 3).

“The test results for all the arrivals last Thursday were negative,” he added.

Phuket Sandbox hotels to suit all budgets

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-first-day-sandbox-tourists-test-covid-negative-as-rules-change-for-land-arrivals-80548.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-03

• Like 1

Why is it that the powers to be, usually quote exact figures, made up or not, but here in this article, it is about 400? This is not in the millions, or billions, which is their preferred unit, so why can they not count?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

"From now on people wishing to enter by land must be able to show proof of vaccination or the results of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival. If they cannot produce this they will not be permitted to enter via the check point."

only Thai or does this include foreigners and if so then a farang or Thai arriving from say Red + zone Bangkok who test negative and are unvacinated have more freedoms than fully vaccinated and tested farangs arriving from say  Israel - how daft is that

It's all a bit confusing isn't it. I was planning to return via Phuket with my wife joining me for part of the time but it seems she would have to quarantine at home in Mahasarakham when she returned. Her director comes from Chanthaburi but isn't going back to see his wife since he'd have to quarantine at both ends. I think my wife said there was someone who lives in Khon Kaen who goes back and forth but I don't know why.

I pity the first sorry sucker that pops positive on a PCR.
The cycle count can be manipulated so therefore so can the results.  So, it depends what narrative they want to hang out for the public.  I image that forced hospital incarceration and a hefty hospital bill isn't going to make Phuket an appealing destination.
So if you want a picture of happy tourists frolicking among the bottles, plastic and tar balls on the beach - lower the cycle count to 28 or below.
If you want to feed the private hospitals awaiting nice, juicy farang with $100,000 insurance policies - raise the cycle count to 45 or above.

• Like 1

No one will test positive in the Sandbox, because that would look bad and we can't have that as this is a flawless plan which has had every possible foreseeable problem dealt with prior 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The test results for all the arrivals last Thursday were negative,” he added.

Considering the hoops they had to go through plus the final test prior to boarding the flight are we supposed to be surprised?