Thailand reports 6,166 new COVID-19 cases, 50 more deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Someone that's completely across it can advise.

My impression is that they will continue to actively test but only in affected areas. (Clusters). 

General testing (I think) has been put on slow burn.

Obviously walk-in cases will be tested but only to certain level. Perhaps if no beds available then sent away no test.

Can someone clear up my misunderstanding of current situation.

Personally, I can’t see that he is proposing any change. They have always been testing only clusters and in hospitals. Not much else. The Klong Toey mass testing seemed to finish a while ago.

If anything, he is just suggesting ratification of existing non testing policy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Except that the 11% positivity rate is only for testing outside of hospitals, so it is more like 11% of 20,000 tests. 

Also if the people being test must have symptoms that would also distort the numbers.The infection rate should remain static regardless of the number or location if the other factors are constant i.e. only testing those with symptoms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And long weekend still to come.

Government needs to stop holiday makers leaving Bangkok and traveling to places  from Bang Saen to Trat and also travel elsewhere.

It's bad but as one poster pointed out India's rate dropped like a rock after skyrocketing.  I am really hopeful that this happens with Thailand.

Have a good day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#COVID19 UPDATE on MONDAY:

6,166 cases & 50 deaths (84 cases from prisons). Full details at 12:30pm #Thailand

30 June: 4,786 - 53 dead

1 July: 5,533 - 57 dead

2 July: 6,087 - 61 dead

3 July: 6,230 - 41 dead

4 July: 5,916 - 44 dead

5 July: 6,166 - 50 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1411852349610463234

The gap between new cases and recoveries seems to be growing again but by a larger number.

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Someone that's completely across it can advise.

My impression is that they will continue to actively test but only in affected areas. (Clusters). 

General testing (I think) has been put on slow burn.

Obviously walk-in cases will be tested but only to certain level. Perhaps if no beds available then sent away no test.

Can someone clear up my misunderstanding of current situation.

Remember some 3000+ are discharged every day, so there are always beds available every day, although only for as long as it takes to clean up.

• Confused 2

BMA plans to establish waiting centers in all six of its zones to cope with the high number of COVID-19 infected persons. The centers will admit the residual infected patients for screening and give primary care to reduce the infection among family members of infected people.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1411867425746821121

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

BMA plans to establish waiting centers in all six of its zones to cope with the high number of COVID-19 infected persons. The centers will admit the residual infected patients for screening and give primary care to reduce the infection among family members of infected people.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1411867425746821121

Because people can not isolate at home due to their being large numbers living in the same house and sharing the same facilities.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Remember some 3000+ are discharged every day, so there are always beds available every day, although only for as long as it takes to clean up.

3000 everyday or most days or recent days?What about today?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

With recent comments on testing, does that mean that the daily reported positives will be consistently around the 6000 mark? 

Meaning not accurate indicator of what the real numbers are? 

There never has been an accurate indicator, impossible without appropriate testing although some on here suggested otherwise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Leaked document suggests govt cares more about its face & reputation of Sinovac than protecting frontline medical staff so they decided not to give 1st lot of Pfizerr to medics. What kind of govt is this?

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1411870077847097347

Someone wrote on one of these threads a few days ago that the problem in Thailand is that the mRNA vaccines come from the US where there are strict anti corruption/kick back laws. 

The more I think about that the more I agree. The makers of Sinovac are probably filling some off shore bank accounts with irresistible amounts of cash, which is fueling the Thai government's love for the <deleted>.

I don't seeing this debacle coming to an end in Thailand until the privileged few who prop the current government up grow sick of their health being put in jeopardy by corrupt bureaucrats, and toss them out on the street in favor of a government actually interested in a proper vaccination program. Or the virus mutates into a less deadly form. 

The nations relying on Sinovac, Sinopharm and even AstraZeneca are not doing well against the new Delta varient. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”

Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

1 minute ago, smedly said:

you need to dig deeper, India still has a massive problem but is now impossible to measure because it has moved into rural areas

How did India do with its vaccination programme? 

How come I can't recall seeing anything about clusters in the army camps or high rankers getting infected?

Have they all been vaccinated already? Last week or so there was supposedly 60,000 personnel about to be jabbed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

5555, I think it’s more a case of “if it’s broke, ignore it.”

official government policy in other words ????

or in other words, "Nothing to see here folks, just move along"

43 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If it’s lower today, then it will be higher the next day or so, as the number of cases escalates, then the number of discharges will escalate, with a lag of a couple of weeks.

Thank you for picking this nit, we need more nitpicking posts during this plague.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

How come I can't recall seeing anything about clusters in the army camps or high rankers getting infected?

Have they all been vaccinated already? Last week or so there was supposedly 60,000 personnel about to be jabbed.

An interesting point. don't forget the navy with everyone crowded on ships. Maybe covered up like they tried on with the prisons before being outed.

• Like 1