10,000 cases per day by year’s end not out of the question, senior doctor says

webfact

It’s about time the powers that be followed  the lead of Singapore and others and stop reporting all of these inflammatory figures. They might as well be reporting flu cases, the common cold, dengue fever and a host of other diseases that just scares the uninformed and perpetuates the draconian rules that the junta dreams up daily. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

It’s about time the powers that be followed  the lead of Singapore and others and stop reporting all of these inflammatory figures. They might as well be reporting flu cases, the common cold, dengue fever and a host of other diseases that just scares the uninformed and perpetuates the draconian rules that the junta dreams up daily. 

So out of sight out of mind, right.  No need to worry hospitals are not full, people not waiting for a bed that need treatment, is that what your trying to say because it's what "Scaremongering" in your book.  You are truly being sarcastic right?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

... because, they do not really vaccinate the people.

They only talk, talk, and talk.

What's so hard about ordering some vaccines? i HAVE j&j'S PHONE NUMBER IF YOU WANT IT. One shot and your done.

15 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

What's so hard about ordering some vaccines? i HAVE j&j'S PHONE NUMBER IF YOU WANT IT. One shot and your done.

I'd gladly pay an inflated price for the J&J "one-and-done."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hockeybik said:

India has done pretty well using alternatives like ivermectin and hydroxychlorquine to stop the spread in their country.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2021/06/india-could-sentence-who-chief-scientist-to-death-for-misleading-over-ivermectin-and-killing-indians.html

Screenshot_2021-07-05-12-40-03-49.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-05-12-40-12-55.jpg

Must be those criminal clinics injecting people with seawater for $17 a pop . This was in the newspapers yesterday .

3 minutes ago, barney42bb said:

How Many months has this pandemic been going on Thailand???

What contingencies have you copied from others to facilitate your people ???

UK rolled out the vaccine in February...

So why have you not spent some of your vast cash reserves,while keeping a falsely high exchange rate,to get The Vaccine???

Too busy cosying up and jumping through Chinese Hoops.

To busy filling their deep pockets and their families pockets for this lifetime and their afterlives .

talking about intelligent way of trying to refrain the propagation in BKK by closing restaurants. I met this morning a friend of mine who owns a restaurant in Pattaya. He told me that over the last week end he had one table with 15 customers and the day after one table of 11, all coming specially by rented vans from BKK to have dinner in Pattaya..... Then the Chonburi governor is surprised to see the numbers going up in this province.... Nuts

• Like 1

10,000 cases by years end!?  I think we have more than that at present.  Hospitals are turning people away from being tested because the delays and queues are once again too long.  If testing numbers can pick up to meet demand then Im sure we will see that by next week latest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

What is most important, how many people die, how well health service is prepared for that many patients

Dead is dead but it's not the most important factor. Morbidities where Covid lodges in the body & long-haul Covid are what affects the living.

1 hour ago, apetryxx said:

I am sure they will soon get around to following Singapore's lead and cease informing the public about the number of cases (and deaths).  They had better prevent people from posting pictures of people waiting for beds outside hospitals too.  Tourists will then be betting down the door to get in.,

Q. How many die annually in Thailand?

Q. How many more due as a result of the Covid 19?

Bet there's little if any difference!!

Q. How many die from alcohol and drugs abuse?

Q. How many die from road accidents?

Why would the government response be any different?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Whale said:

I would agree, looking at the UK's new figures, but opening up would need at least 60% vaccinated if they are to achieve what the UK seems to be doing (herd immunity through vaccination effectively stopping deaths rather than transmissions).

The vaccinations need to be stepped up big time, especially for the vulnerable. 

The right people need to be vaccinated to reduce deaths...as normal, poor elderly Thais are getting shafted, while the well-to-do are  getting vaccinated. Saw a 20+something Thai "influencer" proudly showing her vaccination band-aid a coupel of weeks ago. <deleted>!

• Like 1

Vaccination and infection rates don't relate to each other. A vaccine protects the vaccinated person. It helps lower hospital admission and death. No bearing on infection rates. Look at the UK. 80 percent of the population vaccinated yet it's infection rates are around 25,000 a day. Deaths? A handful daily. Hospital admissions back to the average for time of year. If your whole covid virus reaction is going to be about infection rates you will never return to any kind of normality.

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

the problem is that Thailand is a bureaucratic  cash cow that exists for the powers that be.  so not so easy

Edited by malibukid

5 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Another reason to open up soon and learn to live with cases. 

This was inevitable from the outset of this - as a species we've always had to do this with myriad conditions much more grave than this one .  More emphasis on personal health and taking responsibility for oneself and not expecting governments to wave mythical magic wands when these things arise 

My younger hard working Thai friends have lost businesses, some their homes and many their sanity during this madness.  

6 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

This was inevitable from the outset of this - as a species we've always had to do this with myriad conditions much more grave than this one .  More emphasis on personal health and taking responsibility for oneself and not expecting governments to wave mythical magic wands when these things arise 

My younger hard working Thai friends have lost businesses, some their homes and many their sanity during this madness.  

We have a Thai friend and I swear she's going Ting Tong