I saw two Tesla's in Hua Hin this weekend...

I also saw a white Model 3 in Hua Hin last week.  Several years ago I saw a Model S at the Banyan golf course.  They're brought in on the grey market from Hong Kong or the UK if you've got the money to pay 3X list price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that helpful link.  I'd no idea that awareness of BEVs had gone beyond the level of lip service that PTT has adopted.  At least three huge new PTT gas station/retail plaza type developments under construction or recently completed here in Chiang Mai, no charging facilities at any of them and the staff not even sure of what my (Thai) wife was asking about.  Not a good sign.

• Like 1

If Tesla's are made in China, they should be fairly cheap?

Saw one i Pattaya a few weeks ago.

I had a spin in my friends T3 in Denmark last year, he was driving 555, boy it's crazy fast, the acceleration is just mind blowing.

• Like 1

When you charge them will the whole area be without power? Or will charging them take days? If you want to charge them quickly they can use up to 200 KW at least at the test that I saw and such a charging also needs a very high Voltage. 

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

absurd amount of tax

I guess that it's the opinion of a poor ?

Many Tesla everywhere in Thailand, so not everybody is a cheap charlie it seems...

But for 3 MB I still prefer a Merc or BMW than a cheap Japanese looking Tesla...

Edited by leba

31 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

When you charge them will the whole area be without power? Or will charging them take days? If you want to charge them quickly they can use up to 200 KW at least at the test that I saw and such a charging also needs a very high Voltage. 

What a load of old codswallop!

At least do some research before posting such nonsense, please.

41 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

That would mean a current of around 800 amps.......do you mean 200 kW-hours?

If it is 200 kW-hours at 100 watts it would take about 12 weeks to charge

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

That would mean a current of around 800 amps.......do you mean 200 kW-hours?

If it is 200 kW-hours at 100 watts it would take about 12 weeks to charge

I meant the charging draws up to 200 KW/h. Not 200 KW in total. But I found something - so it should be possible to charge them here at a normal household:

https://insideevs.com/news/372554/in-depth-tesla-charging-guide/

Tesla-Wall-Connector-Charging-Speed.png

• Thanks 1

As far as I'm aware there are no 200kW chargers in Thailand.  There are 50Kw fast DC chargers.

I just got an MG EP EV....   almost 5,000 km on it already.  Simply the most fun car I've ever driven.   And it would be considered slow compared to a Tesla.  It is great fun blowing the Isaan Ferraris away at stop lights :D :D :D   Even hopped up motocys can't keep up!

I charge at condo with standard outlet "granny charger".   Juristic office won't let me install the free fast charger that came with the car.  Bastards.

To the people posting about nice cars here...  Remember that Thais are even more crazy about cars as status symbols than most western countries.  Having a car worth multiple times what your home is is commonplace here.   At my condo on weekends there is 2 Rolls, a Bentley coupe, countless Porsches, and BMW and Mercs are just the commoners cars.   I feel like a 'Farang Kee Nok' with my Ford Ranger and MG Electric car!

• Haha 1

The Hua hin police have already got one Tesla car, they’ve had it for some months now. We see it driving around now and again so not sure if it’s out all the time or there just for the police to have fun with.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Sophon said:

From www.evat.or.th:

image.thumb.png.ae1cacd67ed065ec3fb69728dfd83882.png

I'm wondering why no one imports Volkswagen and other European EVs from China?

Now, China is the world's biggest car and EV market and those brands are selling more cars there than any other country / region...