Spread of Delta Variant in Thailand Aggravates COVID-19 Situation

snoop1130

16 hours ago, chalawaan said:

There is no meme ridiculous enough to post on here that matches the scale of their reptilian ineptitude.

Hey! Easy with the reptilian bashing OK?

The crocodile has been around, largely unevolved, for around 200 million years already and its brain remains the size of a walnut.

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

in march was already known from an India experience, that AZ don't work that well

What experience was that? In the UK it has been a fantastic success - way more effective than the trials suggested even on the Indian (delta) variant.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chalawaan said:

This obsession with industrial "sanitization" sprays is BS. They spray surfaces that immediately become unsanitary/germ compromised as soon as the stuff dries. Covid is airborne, it is spreading in ASQ hotels- this is widely broadcast in Australia but not here.

Their biggest idiocy was sanitizing the forest, the jungle, at the Myanmar border. A natural progression from the equally clownish water trucks spraying to reduce air pollution, not site dust, actual smog!

There is no meme ridiculous enough to post on here that matches the scale of their reptilian ineptitude.

Akin to pushing water up-stream .

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Hey! Easy with the reptilian bashing OK?

The crocodile has been around, largely unevolved, for around 200 million years already and its brain remains the size of a walnut.

Well one thing in common with Thai B1 and B2. 

Brain size of walnut.

Perhaps I'm being bit harsh on the crocs

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

It’ll mutate stronger and more lethal to fight the vaccine 

those that are vaccinated should be okay, but the next variant will carry a higher death rate to those not vaccinated

How can you know that it will mutate stronger, not weaker? Are you a fortune teller?

58 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

My feeling is that, people in the UK, have started to become very suspicious of the governments motive. For example, many of those that have been fully vaccinated were promised 'freedom' by the summer, yet there are still restrictions in place.

Summer is until September......

July 19th restrictions end.

I've totally lost track of the number of times they have said they are going to 'place an order' for this or that vaccine.  Here it is JULY and they are still talking about placing an order???  Unbelievable incompetence. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said the main measures, which can help contain the outbreak, are to reduce mobility, reduce travel and reduce the risk of getting infected in workplaces. Other measures include not eating at food outlets.

Thai Government .... Take note of what is required by you.

17 hours ago, JamesH said:

Real world data from Public Health England,  demonstrated two doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca are 92% effective against hospitalisation due to the Delta variant and showed no deaths among those vaccinated.

I don't know what the British government publishes, but most delta cases in Israel are breakthroughs (i.e, double-vaccinated people get infected).

Here's a news tidbit from the hollyland:

"JUST IN - Israel: Pfizer mRNA vaccine is only 64% effective in preventing coronavirus infection after 2 doses, dropped from 94% in May. In addition, researchers warn that it is too early to fully tell how effective the vaccine is at preventing hospitalization."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ministry-data-said-to-show-pfizer-shot-blocks-majority-of-serious-delta-cases/

(Of course, the headline is misleading, at is the wont of most media outlets nowadays).

16 minutes ago, newnative said:

I've totally lost track of the number of times they have said they are going to 'place an order' for this or that vaccine.  Here it is JULY and they are still talking about placing an order???  Unbelievable incompetence. 

Fit only for a game of whack-a-mole, each time one opens his mouth!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, newnative said:

The Bangkok Post had an article yesterday saying that they called Moderna to ask about delivery. Moderna said Q1-22 because no order has been placed. Apparently the vaccines they are collecting money for are not on the way.

Edited by cjinchiangrai
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dennnis said:

How can you know that it will mutate stronger, not weaker? Are you a fortune teller?

Because a mutation is normally a respond to evolutionary pressure, i.g. a vaccine.

The mutation is "stronger" because it's got to find ways to overcome the new impedance. 

1 minute ago, aBigSmile said:

I don't know what the British government publishes,

Claims on UK News today was that most daily new infections were people who had not  been vaccinated. No mention if that meant not fully or zero jabs.

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

The Bangkok Pust had an article yesterday saying that they called Moderna to ask about delivery. Moderna said Q1-22 because no order has been placed. Apparently the vaccines they are collecting money for are not on the way.

Shoot.  My partner and I applied and paid for the Moderna.  What a mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aBigSmile said:

Because a mutation is normally a respond to evolutionary pressure, i.g. a vaccine.

The mutation is "stronger" because it's got to find ways to overcome the new impedance. 

In general mutations make diseases less lethal and more transmissable. This is the optimal survival strategy from the perspective of the virus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

So, the mutations will be "stronger" because of the vaccine. Not because of the unvaccinated people.

17 hours ago, Surelynot said:

With 50% of the UK double vaccinated new cases rose by 75% last week

You forgot to mention that despite the increase in cases and, although the UK is fully expecting cases to rise when restrictions are lifted, hospital admissions are extremely low as the vast majority of Brits have been fully vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

In general mutations make diseases less lethal and more transmissable. This is the optimal survival strategy from the perspective of the virus.

Should be like that, but not with this virus, according to "experts".

With the vast majority not having been vaccinated in Thailand, and as that situation is expected to be the case for many months to come, the country is sitting on a time bomb. I'd guess that any hopes they have of re-igniting the tourist industry are about to disappear down the toilet for at least another year - by which time it will be totally dead rather than in ICU.

17 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Europe start to order third dose for citizen's. So LOS not going to get it any time soon if they not fast!

Now is the time money really not count!

No country more than Thailand should understand the importance of money.

It's seems like they are sitting back waiting for more free handouts.

Rather than spend Thai government money.

They are way down the pecking order when it comes to preference with the vaccine companies...

17 hours ago, chalawaan said:

This obsession with industrial "sanitization" sprays is BS. They spray surfaces that immediately become unsanitary/germ compromised as soon as the stuff dries. Covid is airborne, it is spreading in ASQ hotels- this is widely broadcast in Australia but not here.

Their biggest idiocy was sanitizing the forest, the jungle, at the Myanmar border. A natural progression from the equally clownish water trucks spraying to reduce air pollution, not site dust, actual smog!

Reptilian ineptitude. I like the sound of that and 

17 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Reptilian ineptitude. I like the sound of that and would be pleased to plagiarise it, but I am concerned the less literate would not get it. Are reptiles known for being inept.? 

1 hour ago, dennnis said:
6 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

It’ll mutate stronger and more lethal to fight the vaccine 

those that are vaccinated should be okay, but the next variant will carry a higher death rate to those not vaccinated

Organisms evolve to survive. In layman's terms, the Delta variant is 'more sticky' hence it's ability to spread faster. So far that's it's only significant trait, ie. it's not causing a greater degree of respiratory distress and it doesn't appear to have greater resistance to the current suite of vaccines.