What Can I Expect from the Friendship Store?

D M G

They sell food and booze.

Upstairs is a stationary store.

Watch out for the uneven floor in the back aisle, left end, where the cheese/milk/yogurt coolers are. When you enter, there is a baggage storage area on the right. Cashiers in front of you. Stairway to the stationary floor is on the far left.

Go past the cashiers (on the left side of them) and turn left to get to the alcohol aisles. They have a large selection if I recall.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

They sell food and booze.

Upstairs is a stationary store.
'' '' '' ::'' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' 
Watch out for the uneven floor in the back aisle, left end, where the cheese/milk/yogurt coolers are. When you enter, there is a baggage storage area on the right. Cashiers in front of you. Stairway to the stationary floor is on the far left.

Go past the cashiers (on the left side of them) and turn left to get to the alcohol aisles. They have a large selection if I recall.

You mean it doesn't move.? 

Cheap cheese as well. 

I was a regular shopper at Friendship. Compared to Foodland and Villa, everything on my shopping list (a lot of basics) was cheaper on a regular basis, except, oddly enough, one thing: Kettle brand potato chips was 5 baht higher than anywhere else. Hardly a big deal. 

Can't really say I enjoyed shopping there. Staff were barely conscious. 

Since we're on the subject of Friendship, does anyone know what "hybrid" beef is? I was going to have them thick cut me a steak, but wasn't sure. It's not very marbled looking, but I can live with that if I can get a THICK steak that doesn't overcook in the center.

Although lately I found some nice 1 1/2" Aussie steaks in Villa. 3-400฿,  but that's about what I pay back home for a thick steak.

5 hours ago, frantick said:

Since we're on the subject of Friendship, does anyone know what "hybrid" beef is? I was going to have them thick cut me a steak, but wasn't sure. It's not very marbled looking, but I can live with that if I can get a THICK steak that doesn't overcook in the center.

Although lately I found some nice 1 1/2" Aussie steaks in Villa. 3-400฿,  but that's about what I pay back home for a thick steak.

In Thailand hybrid beef is usually beef derived from a cross between native Thai cattle and an imported breed such as a Brahman or Charolais.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

In Thailand hybrid beef is usually beef derived from a cross between native Thai cattle and an imported breed such as a Brahman or Charolais.

When it comes to beef I don't think there is much difference between cheap beef and Hi-so Beef nutrition wise....

There is a security guard there that used to always follow me around. He didn't like my look. Haven't been there lately since the pandemic, so don't know if he's still working there.

I guess I can't blame him. Lots of f-rangs wearing cargo shorts. Big pockets in cargo shorts. 

I wonder if they get an extra bonus for nabbing an f-rang.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is a security guard there that used to always follow me around. He didn't like my look. Haven't been there lately since the pandemic, so don't know if he's still working there.

I guess I can't blame him. Lots of f-rangs wearing cargo shorts. Big pockets in cargo shorts. 

I wonder if they get an extra bonus for nabbing an f-rang.

Well I shop at Friendship once or twice a week and have for ages, and never noticed anything strange.....

I shop Frenship the most...#1

Big C Extra # 2

Tie......Makro # 3 and Outdoor market #3

Tops Central..... A distant 4th......

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Well I shop at Friendship once or twice a week and have for ages, and never noticed anything strange.....

I shop Frenship the most...#1

Big C Extra # 2

Tie......Makro # 3 and Outdoor market #3

Tops Central..... A distant 4th......

Maybe he likes me. 

I wasn't imagining this.

I would look back at him, and then change aisles, and there he would be again, looking at me. Perhaps it annoyed him that I was acknowledging the cat and mouse game. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe he likes me. 

I wasn't imagining this.

I would look back at him, and then change aisles, and there he would be again, looking at me. Perhaps it annoyed him that I was acknowledging the cat and mouse game. 

ask him when he is free, or if he would like to go for a coffee sometime.. 

At least you will know if he like you or thinks maybe are trying to steal something..

A "Friendship" cashier  once sang me a line from some song..I was quite shocked as they are usually quite surly  unless very newly arrived..she has been there for a long time.

Once I was refused by a different cashier an extra plastic bag extremely rudely and didn't go back for a long time now they don't give out bags anymore and I only go in there for the occasional loaf of bread, some ham and biscuits  all of which can be found at other places.

The stationary store upstairs is rather good..if your looking for stationary ????

There is another smaller "Friendship"  further down South Pattaya road near to Walking street.

Remember the old joke about the basement in Friendship ?

Thanks for all the great advise, information and unsuccessful attempts at humor.

Do they have Customer Cards like Big C, Tops, Villa Market, etc?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe he likes me. 

I wasn't imagining this.

Just ask him:

"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

*Laughing emoji*

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You wear Cargo shorts --with the big pockets jingthing----I just imagined you would be a dapper dresser--- do you fill the pockets up as the day goes on..........

** its not the same if you cant put at least one Emoji up is it----how long before they can fix this enormous technical problem...

1 hour ago, johng said:

A "Friendship" cashier  once sang me a line from some song..I was quite shocked as they are usually quite surly  unless very newly arrived..she has been there for a long time.

Once I was refused by a different cashier an extra plastic bag extremely rudely and didn't go back for a long time now they don't give out bags anymore and I only go in there for the occasional loaf of bread, some ham and biscuits  all of which can be found at other places.

The stationary store upstairs is rather good..if your looking for stationary ????

There is another smaller "Friendship"  further down South Pattaya road near to Walking street.

Remember the old joke about the basement in Friendship ?

Actually Friendship does have plastic bags.....But you have to ask for them and pay a few baht for them.....

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Friendship does have plastic bags.

Yes I know  but they don't automatically give them to you for free anymore whilst packing your stuff as well...they still do that at Foodmart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Remember to bring your own plastic bags, or else go to Foodmart in Jomtien or Siamburi's on Khao Talo, which both still provide their customers with free plastic bags.

Yes I only shop where they give free plastic bags ! why paying for trash bags when we can get them for free ?!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Sadly the Friendship shop close to Walking Street has closed down and been cleared out completely. I use Friendship a lot, enjoy the selection of goods, though I do agree that the staff, especially the cashiers are quite unfriendly. 

Oh, that is sad!

The staff there was actually friendly to me.

One time they could see that I was caught out in the rain without an umbrella, they offered to lend me an umbrella to bring back at my leisure. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Sadly the Friendship shop close to Walking Street has closed down and been cleared out completely.

I passed by a couple of weeks ago it was still open...still not surprising  really  the whole area has been devastated by lack of tourists for over a year.

I also noticed the kasikorn bank near Tuckcom has shut   but the ATM's  still in operation

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Sadly the Friendship shop close to Walking Street has closed down and been cleared out completely. I use Friendship a lot, enjoy the selection of goods, though I do agree that the staff, especially the cashiers are quite unfriendly. 

Is/was there a 2nd Friendship shop? Cause the one on Pattaya Tai was open last night when I drove past and I called them just now (038-723-514) and asked their closing hours for today, they said 11 pm tonight.

I thought the one under TukCom was a Tops Market, not a "Friendship" store. Wasn't aware of another "Friendship" along South Pattaya (or anywhere for that matter).

• Like 2