Foreigners aged over 60 in Bangkok to be given priority for AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

That is a misconception that if I can’t get 2nd vaccine, why bother with first?

the first provides you with up to 80% of whatever that brand is so vital to get first dose - worry about 2nd later

With a shortage, yes you will have to wait longer than you should. Eventually you get it and need to research when is it to get the 2nd for most effectiveness…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Card said:

When did you get the Vax, what documents do you need to take and when is the last date to get one at Bang Sue? I assume it is a walk in facility. I will go as soon as I have your answers. Thx 

I went last Tuesday but friends went yesterday, Friday. You need only a Passport and a pen. For over 75's it is certainly walk-in. I does not appear clear whether that is the same for over 60's. This facility closes on the 18th July-better to go as soon as possible. Good luck!

I live on KP got my AZ yesterday 6 hour wait but worth it no after affects but witnessed a lot of farangs been turned away not having a lease agreement on a property was a big issue however i sailed through it , all i had to show was my yellow housebook and thai pink ID card so all those who say having a pink ID card is a waste of time it might be where they live but not where i live i even get discount on the ferry, dentist and can walk into a car showroom and buy a vehicle without the need of an immigration letter best 250 baht i ever spent . My 2nd vaccine is 1st October at 2pm " Happy Days " I heard through rumour control that its possible every available vaccine was sent to the islands who have sandbox openings as 70% have to have at least one vaccine KP is due to open up this Thursday 15 July if there is any truth in that rumour its very unfair !!!!!!

Edited by crazykopite

Ryan, once you have had you first dose you will be on record & will be given an appointment for your 2nd dose.

I would bet that you get it, so do not preempt a sexual problem yet.

I went with the extended family in the village, no question that I would not get AZ as a normal que number & they have actually brought the appointment for 2nd dose forward

& taken the effort to ensure that we understand the revised date.

Two of my friends made appointments at hospital & was a 3 week wait, but on the day 

turnd up 50minutes in & out incl mandatory  30 minute (reaction wait.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A shipment of one million doses of the vaccine arrived in Thailand from Japan on Friday (July 10)

I'm sure that will stay in the confines of Bangkok.... so not much use to anyone else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonray said:

My "Local Health Authority" ? Who might that be ? When they had a vaccine setup at Central Westgate Mall last week, they looked at me like I was from Mars when I stopped to try and ascertain whether I could also be included. In the end, I was sent away with a "not know yet" from the 1 nurse who seemed to speak a bit of English.

Same as me, I live in nakhon pathom,  one of the other deep red zones... 

last Wednesday I went again [3rd time] to register for a vaccine, aged 62...

told to go away and wait, possibly October was the answer given when asked how long to wait

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is a very good question, and one that needs some research through the studies that have been done so far.  At one time it was only for over 60's here in Thailand and the Sinovac for under 60's

I did find this from Australia, and its the most recent info

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-change-astrazeneca-age-rules-covid-vaccine/100222464

I also found that there may be problems traveling to the US if vaccinated with the AZ vaccine as it has not been approved there, but then this article alludes to a different view by the PM of Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-astrazeneca-travellers-1.6071320

There are no vaccination requirements for visitors to the United States, and US residents traveling abroad do not need any vaccines to reenter the United States.  CDC website.  Only a negative COVID antigen test within 3 days of flight.  US State Department website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

It does take a lot of effort to obtain a vaccination but, from my experience and living in Pattaya, it is not that difficult. Yes you have to travel to Bangkok but that is not an impossibility, taxi return plus waiting 2400 baht. The National Vaccination Centre at Bang Sue railway station is the place to make for.  It is primarily for over75's-farangs included, but it appears that one person under 75 can accompany you as their carer and also get vaccinated. It is all very well planned , very clean, uncrowded and fast. The AZ vaccine is being used. I left Pattaya at 8am and was back home by 1.30pm. The whole procedure showed Thai people at their best-well done to them.

On every day this week different groups of friends have followed this procedure with success., and gratitude.

You have a few days left to take advantage-up to you!

Is there any point going (are you excluded) if say 69 like myself. I could drive there with my wife 47 but obviously a risk travelling to a red zone if likely to be turned away 

7 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

It sounds like you are expecting a local nurse, in a public vaccination setup to speak a foreign language. The advice was to register at one of two hospitals in Bangkok or contact the local health authority, not just show up at Central Westgate Mall. If you don't know where your local health centre is, then that's your responsibility. You seem to be acting in a rather entitled way, living in a foreign country.

The local Government hospital. Try them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Don't live in Bangkok....there is no "local health authority", at least not one that deals with foreigners. The local health authority was the group giving vaccinations in Central Westgate which is why I innquired as to whether I could also get jabbed. They cleary had  no idea of how to register a foreigner.

That's about the same as saying there is no local police force. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Is there any point going (are you excluded) if say 69 like myself. I could drive there with my wife 47 but obviously a risk travelling to a red zone if likely to be turned away 

They checked my passport at the entrance and again at every station inside. Several of them didn't think I was 76 (I am), and looked carefully at the year of my birth (1945).

8 hours ago, tonray said:

My "Local Health Authority" ? Who might that be ? When they had a vaccine setup at Central Westgate Mall last week, they looked at me like I was from Mars when I stopped to try and ascertain whether I could also be included. In the end, I was sent away with a "not know yet" from the 1 nurse who seemed to speak a bit of English.

Well, if arriving , as stated in the above article, Friday ( July 10 ) it's not gonna get here any time this year...... 

8 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

It sounds like you are expecting a local nurse, in a public vaccination setup to speak a foreign language. The advice was to register at one of two hospitals in Bangkok or contact the local health authority, not just show up at Central Westgate Mall. If you don't know where your local health centre is, then that's your responsibility. You seem to be acting in a rather entitled way, living in a foreign country.

Yet when I Google my local health authority it comes up with nothing.

2 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

I went last Tuesday but friends went yesterday, Friday. You need only a Passport and a pen. For over 75's it is certainly walk-in. I does not appear clear whether that is the same for over 60's. This facility closes on the 18th July-better to go as soon as possible. Good luck!

My Thai friend phoned and they say only for 75+ who live in BKK. I am only 72 and live in pattaya so seems not worth the effort. If for 70+ I would take a chance.

Donated free from Japan but made to pay for it in Thailand.

Thailand first refused help from usa and Europe they wanted to do it alone and now look at the shambles this government has got Thailand into 3rd from the bottom of world charts in covid efficiency 

• Like 1