Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Time to stop the sandbox experiment right now. This is a disgusting and disgraceful incident that is causing a great deal of unnecessary distress and emotional abuse towards the children who through no fault of their own our now forcibly separated from their parents in a foreign land with nobody they know. 

This would not have been something that any tourists with children would have known about beforehand and like another poster mentioned is tantamount to kidnapping. 

They want the sandbox to work at all costs, the cost has just become far to high, give up now before this becomes the catalyst of wide reaching repercussions that will be felt for a long time to come. 

Agreed, what they've done to those kids is inhumane. If I was there now with a kid/kids I'd be searching for the first flight out.

For the sake of the Thai people who make a living from tourism, I hope this story doesn't hit the global front pages. It could tarnish the country's image for years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

If I was there now with a kid/kids I'd be searching for the first flight out.

Maybe this will sound harsh, however this was so predictable.

Many posters were saying how foolish the whole concept was. I recall reading one post outlining exactly this situation. Correct me if wrong but I think kids under certain age did not require vaccinated status.

It's the parents who put their kids in this situation. Reckless.

BTW which airline is going to fly you home having tested positive.

Edited by DrJack54

45 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Agreed, what they've done to those kids is inhumane. If I was there now with a kid/kids I'd be searching for the first flight out.

For the sake of the Thai people who make a living from tourism, I hope this story doesn't hit the global front pages. It could tarnish the country's image for years. 

“It could tarnish the country’s image for years.”

Do you really think it’ll make much difference given the current situation?

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Maybe this will sound harsh, however this was so predictable.

Many posters were saying how foolish the whole concept was. I recall reading one post outlining exactly this situation. Correct me if wrong but I think kids under certain age did not require vaccinated status.

It's the parents who put their kids in this situation. Reckless.

BTW which airline is going to fly you home having tested positive.

Yes, I wouldn't have taken that risk either. I'm not flying anywhere until the country I'm going to has finished with lockdowns and quarantining people. 

And I think you misunderstood. I mean if I was already in Phuket now with kids and tested negative, I'd be looking for flights out knowing now the draconian measures the Thai authorities are willing to take. 

3 hours ago, robbioff said:

“It could tarnish the country’s image for years.”

Do you really think it’ll make much difference given the current situation?

Yes. A country where it's leaders are now willing to forcibly remove children from their parents on a holiday - that makes a huge difference

the scary part is the news coming from the rest of the world

"Pfizer, citing Israeli data that says the delta variant is making its COVID-19 shot less effective, calls for boosters. Medical experts say it’s too soon to worry."

The reaction is hurry up and get you first 2 dosages. As long as people are not being vaccinated quickly. the number will be going up and the higher death tolls..

Politics and disease do not go well together. Any incontrollable viruses cannot be fought with guns and bullets .It has brought down Trump and many other politician in the US..

11 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm thinking about the type of masks that most people wear to satisfy the mask requirement.That is the cheap surgical and cloth masks.

True and many aren't worn correct . This is the big thing when combining them . Combining a surgical under a cloth one makes the surgical really stuck to your face , leaving no gaps around . The cloth in this case does near 0 , but it does help a lot in better wearing the surgical mask , making it work much better .

A mask does help , but is no wonder thing , if you in a room full with people who are infected , forget the mask , it's not gonna help at all . When standing next to a person who is infected , and he/she is wearing it correct , then it will provide good protection . Chances are not 0 , since even with independent air , you aren't 100% safe . Virus are really small , and can go in small openings of your body ( aka membranes ) , which is fact the eyes are a perfect gateway . This has been proven already in some cases were large amount of people were infected at gatherings , and glass wearers were by far less infected % .

I am not saying you have to wear glasses and ffp2 + cloth mask . I only giving the facts about how masks work , and how virus can find way into the body . What you do with it , is up to you . I am a all for masks , and regulations , in order to counter this nasty virus , but it should not be more then needed . Common sense is hard to find these days . Meaning : keep your distance to others , in anywhere near others : use a mask and try wear it correct ( i do know it isnt always comfy ) , take a vaccine when you can ( preferable not sinovac , sinopharm or similar ) .

If everybody used common sense in this world the virus would already been out the door , not even the vaccine needed . Unfortunate , it doesn't work like that , and people just love to meet other people .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the green light said:

the scary part is the news coming from the rest of the world

"Pfizer, citing Israeli data that says the delta variant is making its COVID-19 shot less effective, calls for boosters. Medical experts say it’s too soon to worry."

The reaction is hurry up and get you first 2 dosages. As long as people are not being vaccinated quickly. the number will be going up and the higher death tolls..

Politics and disease do not go well together. Any incontrollable viruses cannot be fought with guns and bullets .It has brought down Trump and many other politician in the US..

I believe it is the US FDA and CDC not recommending a booster.  I am of the understanding that it is too early for one.   The prevailing attitude from the start has been that booster shots are likely to be required.  

Israel is going to be a good test for how long immunity lasts.  It seems they are reaching some sort of timeline as to waning immunity from the vaccine.  

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

There's this:

Masks Block Virus Particles but Not Entirely

Face masks can reduce the spread of airborne particles from respiratory viruses such as COVID-19, but even the most secure professional face coverings don’t eliminate everything, according to a new study published Wednesday in mSphere, an open access journal from the American Society for Microbiology.

Cotton masks, surgical masks and N95 masks reduced the transmission of coronavirus droplets but didn’t completely block all particles, the University of Tokyo research team found. However, the transmission between two people was much less when both people wore masks.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201022/masks-block-virus-particles-but-not-entirely

So after reading the study they say that the crash test dummies returned a positive PCR test on every mask they tested which seems pretty conclusive.Thanks for posting that. 

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Charts looking ugly and reflects an even uglier reality that the virus has overwhelmed Thailand having been left to spread by poor control measures. Lets all hope the new semi lockdowns that are now coming into effect do something to flatten the curve. They should certainly help to do that but my fear is that Thailand is now stuck in a dark tunnel and has a long way to go yet.

Keep safe everyone and RIP to the increasing number of those dying each day from covid.

Covid deaths are now more than double those of road accidents each day.

Rolling 7 day average (up to 8th July only) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 10 july.png

data 10 july 2.png

Nice presentation, but would they seriously want to stop the slave labor trade and employ Thais?? 

And what about the poor prisoners stacked in to cells by the dozen x

Will this pandemic rid the country of prisoners, wipe out people living in the streets, who cares they are only numbers in todays rat race. 

And then there is granny and booh, at present they are terrified, because they don't believe pinnochio is going to vaccinate them, they are truly terrified, that's the message passed back to me from my family and also my mates wife who is a high ranking school teacher in the North East. 

My wife said pinnochio ordered rain the other day to put out a fire, I must say what a cracker of an Idea. 

My GF and I prepaid 6800baht for 4 jabs of moderna with an October date for the first of two doses. Now I hear that only 4M of the 10M doses are actually going to arrive. We paid on June 30th. Now I heard you must order and pay the ''Authorized Government Agency'', we paid directly to the hospital we were instructed. Presently the authorities don't seem to know where they are going and no road to take. Is anyone in the same situation? My gut feeling is my GF got scammed and at best we may get fully vaccinated by March 2022. Question: I can jump on a plane to Miami and get a J&J jab in the terminal at Miami International Airport just by walking up. My question is can I return or maybe better is should I return?

Confidence here is at all-time low and getting back aboard a sinking ship may not be so wise. 

12 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

He’s talking about now I think. Previously the UK was a basket case. Currently daily deaths are lower there than in Thailand

There were some moves early on in the pandemic in the UK that were mind boggling and put too many folks in boxes. I hope the euphoria over recent, (and hopefully future) good results, never covers up those mistakes. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, the green light said:

Don't understand why you guys want to travel back and forth to the UK when Thailand is experience high infection.

Personally, I was looking at it only as a means of getting jabbed.... it could become a matter of survival!

21 hours ago, worrab said:

Why do people make daft comments like this? Have you actually thought about all the hoops that require jumping through just to get there never mind coming back here to the family?  And the expense of such an exercise? At the end of the day there should not be a need to do this under the agreement Thailand signed with WHO stating everyone including foreigners have to be treated equally!

Not daft at all if being treated equally is a 65 year old with complications waiting another 6 months to be fully vaccinated with a proven vaccine. I will gladly jump a few hoops to get my life back to normal.

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Personally, I was looking at it only as a means of getting jabbed.... it could become a matter of survival!

At the same time enduring a risky trip yourself just to get there, sometimes people do what they have to do no matter the peril, the cost or the risk.  Good luck on whatever you decide.

Khun

@NatapanuN

tweeted to say that there will be a briefing in English about the #COVID19 situation at the usual time today. But from next week onwards, the briefings will only be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1414013291664351234

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Did they forcibly remove them or did the parents agree?

I see your point, but in the end does it really matter as the entire family has now been isolated and the vacation ruined.  You have to wonder if they knew there might be a chance this would happen and were willing to risk it by traveling into a country where we are all barely vaccinated.  You have to wonder if their travel insurance will pay and if the children as well had to have the 100K USD medical insurance policy.  At the end of the day it is just sad and disgusting that this has happened.

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Khun

@NatapanuN

tweeted to say that there will be a briefing in English about the #COVID19 situation at the usual time today. But from next week onwards, the briefings will only be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1414013291664351234

Trying to keep a lid on this is like holding a greased pig, the spread and numbers continue to wriggle away from them.

3 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Gone from ''Sand Box''  to  "Sand Trap". Who the hell concocted that plan?

I see a rhetorical question has been asked.  I will answer it "Those who wanted money to flow into Thailand from Tourism", guess that leaves it wide open as to who, whom, or even why?

9 hours ago, peter48 said:

These figures are sad and sadder - believe one thing they are much higher as Testing has not been rolled out. people can just ask government for the proper vaccines: Pfizer or Moderna or AZ. 

Of course that's not the case, only vaccine even partially available is the Chinese <deleted>.

I paid 6800 for 4 doses June 30 ie; 

Khun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx booking for Moderna vaccine on June 30, 64 has been confirmed.
 Get a receipt online at  https://bit.ly/3hs52Da
 And please wait for the vaccination appointment again.  (Preliminary estimate after Oct. 21)

9 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Talk about wriggling.

all that concern about anticipated rising cases, so many proposed restrictions, but NO mention of the sandbox scheme.

I know most cases have come from locals traveling to Phuket from other provinces. But the messaging is important.

On the one hand, open up, welcome overseas visitors, help them have a good time, enjoy yourselves.

on the other, rising cases including the worst of the variants, anticipated further rises, restrictions, be careful, don’t mix.

they really do need to get their act together and tell TAT to take a back seat because there is a health emergency going on that needs sole focus.

They can't help it. Unlike some of their neighbors, a huge part of the national/cultural strategy is 

Us v. Them 

Thais and Outsiders 

At the same time, they shamefully rely on foreigners directly (tourism) for a HUGE 30% of their national GDP. It's a massive, always lingering embarrassment for them. 

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

My GF and I prepaid 6800baht for 4 jabs of moderna with an October date for the first of two doses. Now I hear that only 4M of the 10M doses are actually going to arrive. We paid on June 30th. Now I heard you must order and pay the ''Authorized Government Agency'', we paid directly to the hospital we were instructed. Presently the authorities don't seem to know where they are going and no road to take. Is anyone in the same situation? My gut feeling is my GF got scammed and at best we may get fully vaccinated by March 2022. Question: I can jump on a plane to Miami and get a J&J jab in the terminal at Miami International Airport just by walking up. My question is can I return or maybe better is should I return?

Confidence here is at all-time low and getting back aboard a sinking ship may not be so wise. 

Khun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx booking for Moderna vaccine on June 30, 64 has been confirmed.
 Get a receipt online at  https://bit.ly/3hs52Da
 And please wait for the vaccination appointment again.  (Preliminary estimate after Oct. 21)

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.