Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

May I ask a dumb question. 

Why do so many Thai queue for testing.

Some for MANY hours.

Why choose that nationality?. It's the same in London. PEOPLE queue..Do you want a fight, a riot? What is your point? I had my test last week for medical purposes. My friends for travel purposes. People get tested to arrange appropriate treatment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The comparison would be who did not and were also working on the frontline in covid wards.

I wonder how these workers knew they were infected? Presumably because they were symptomatic? I have no idea if that is true or not, but if it were, would there not be others that are asymptomatic?

obviously more details would be required to get an accurate picture, but the fact that the government plans a booster shot for medical staff, tells me that it’s something they are worried about it. Otherwise 600 more cases would be neither here nor there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I had my test last week for medical purposes. My friends for travel purposes. People get tested to arrange appropriate treatment

Go take a look at pictures of folk queue overnight in rain at various locations.

How long did you queue and where.

How long did your friends queue for check for travel purposes. 

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#PhuketSandbox updates [1/2] Many people were asking what happened about the sandbox children yesterday. Some good news. A member of the family was allowed to volunteer to be with the children. However, once the children are better, that person then has to do 14 day quarantine

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414187328449376257

·

#PhuketSandbox updates [2/2] When the UAE tourist tested positive on arrival, the media said everyone on the plane was then quarantined. That is not entirely true. We have now been told that only the people two rows in front and two rows behind that person were quarantined.

I’m not sure that news about the UAE gentleman is good news. What about while pre boarding and post deplaning. He might have been close to other people than those seated near him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Go take a look at pictures of folk queue overnight in rain at various locations.

How long did you queue and where.

How long did your friends queue for check for travel purposes. 

What is your point? Is it an anti Thai issue? People queue up or line up to be allocated a position at the front of a line. Why else would they queue? What is your point?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#PhuketSandbox updates [1/2] Many people were asking what happened about the sandbox children yesterday. Some good news. A member of the family was allowed to volunteer to be with the children. However, once the children are better, that person then has to do 14 day quarantine

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414187328449376257

·

#PhuketSandbox updates [2/2] When the UAE tourist tested positive on arrival, the media said everyone on the plane was then quarantined. That is not entirely true. We have now been told that only the people two rows in front and two rows behind that person were quarantined.

Thanks as always for the updates, especially regarding the two boys.

As for the Emirates flight in question, there were 142 passengers on board. Two in first class, 30 in business and 110 in economy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

What is your point? Is it an anti Thai issue? People queue up or line up to be allocated a position at the front of a line. Why else would they queue? What is your point?

Your so far off the mark it's laughable.

Clearly your not here in Thailand, in particular Bangkok.

There have been daily photos of folk (yes Thai and perhaps other ASEAN nationals) that are lined up all night to obtain covid test. LONG lines. Sometimes in the rain.

We are not talking few folk.

Have you done that for your covid test? 

Nup.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That went international quick! Come on Prayut and Anutin get on it now and stop dithering with endless meetings

They are in hiding it appears and circling the wagons.  They have become a laughingstock it does appear.

• Like 1

The failure, if you like, is not having enough stock! End of!

Sinovac for healthy under 60's, who are at least risk, is perfectly acceptable, as it provides good protection to people that likely don't really need it.  Astrazeneca for the over 60's is smart, since it is very effective and mostly safe for this age group.

They just need good supply.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Of course.

Let's hope he didn't share the onboard toilet with someone.

You mean Mile High Club, maybe join whit only one. When  i join club there was only 2 of us.... ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

880 medical personnel, about 54% of them nurses and assistant nurses, were infected with COVID-19 between April 1st and July 10th, and of these, seven have died Read more >>> https://thaipbsworld.com/880-medics-infected-with-covid-19-in-the-past-three-months-seven-died/…

Differing report from ThaiPBS

Does the link work? I can’t get it to open

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

880 medical personnel, about 54% of them nurses and assistant nurses, were infected with COVID-19 between April 1st and July 10th, and of these, seven have died Read more >>> https://thaipbsworld.com/880-medics-infected-with-covid-19-in-the-past-three-months-seven-died/

Differing report from ThaiPBS

In 2019 Thailand only had around 4,500 nurses, what that figure is now? So considering it won't be all of them that have high risk contact on wards thats a pretty high number of infected nurses and RIP to those 7 that have died, unfortunately more to come

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

In 2019 Thailand only had around 4,500 nurses, what that figure is now? So considering it won't be all of them that have high risk contact on wards thats a pretty high number of infected nurses.

I also wonder where the nurses are located. Possibly mostly in bangkok? In which case, percentage wise it’s a percentage of bangkok nurses.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Fair enough. All I know that within a month it's gone from the 2k's to low 3k to almost 10k. June 11 2,290 July 11 9,539. More than quadrupiled.

I thought is was flattening 3 weeks ago.  I fear deaths will follow the case trend but hope the trajectory isn't as steep.  

17 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Should work ok

It was working but now not, but I still have it open.

Of the 880 medics infected:

Quote:

"He noted that most of the infected medics were among those who were fully inoculated, with the exception of only 173 who are not vaccinated."

That's about 600 vaccinated, so figures are not so different.

• Like 2