Are Pfizer shots the cure for Thailand’s COVID crisis?

webfact

Thailand preparing to limit exports of its COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-preparing-limit-exports-covid-130745277.html

Their factory has only been able to make 5---6 mil doses a month, far below the 10 mil  a month they were supposed to make for domestic use.  They will have to stop exporting to other countries.

11 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

As I have said in other topics Pfizer is at the bottom of my list because of the irrational temperature control needed if you want to get it in Thailand. Not to mention myocarditis and pericarditis.

No diff. with Moderna. Also requires special storage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's best not to make claims you can't back up. But if you do make a claim, don't expect others to do your research. Best just to keep mum. Especially since it's almost invariably the rule that those who tell others to do their research for them, actually have nothing to back up their claim in the first place.

There are a number of articles since July 5th, that speaks in regards to the 20 million donation made by the U.S. another which suggested by the Embassy spoke person to diplomatically use to vaccinated U.S. Citizens,  then you got the 1.3 million doses of Pfizer coming which was supposed to save 20% from that shipment for U.S. Expat,  then another article July 6th, by a Thai spokeperson confirming that story then another article U.S. Embassy charge  d'affaires Michael Health tip toeing in regards to the allocation to Americans.

I've got the research the person that doesn't is YOU, and I can see why you asleep at the wheel here in Thailand I call it just plain Lazy talking hot air like the leaders of this country blowing smoke I suggest you get off your butt and wait up the one that has nothing to back up is YOU maybe you are the type that need someone to hold you dick while you pee. Bye!

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

My country UK, has committed to sharing any surplus vaccines, I did send an email to BOJO requesting a few million doses to Thailand, particularly the expat community, that was on 27 June, the only response I have received so far is to tell me that my communication has been passed to the relevant department, whatever the F that means.

bin.png.078a1232b6efc30f4cddc4be177e5e91.png

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

There are a number of articles since July 5th, that speaks in regards to the 20 million donation made by the U.S. another which suggested by the Embassy spoke person to diplomatically use to vaccinated U.S. Citizens,  then you got the 1.3 million doses of Pfizer coming which was supposed to save 20% from that shipment for U.S. Expat,  then another article July 6th, by a Thai spokeperson confirming that story then another article U.S. Embassy charge  d'affaires Michael Health tip toeing in regards to the allocation to Americans.

I've got the research the person that doesn't is YOU, and I can see why you asleep at the wheel here in Thailand I call it just plain Lazy talking hot air like the leaders of this country blowing smoke I suggest you get off your butt and wait up the one that has nothing to back up is YOU maybe you are the type that need someone to hold you dick while you pee. Bye!

People blowing smoke are those who can't back up their claims with evidence. Such as you. As I pointed out, the US has never confirmed or even acknowledged claims  that there is a 20% allotment. Maybe in the future it will turn out that such is the case. But right now there's nothing.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, connda said:
21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pfizer jab’s efficacy is impressively high thanks to its innovative mRNA technology.

Well yeah.  It turns you into a 'spiked protein' manufacturing-plant.  By the way, the process can never be turned off.  Now this is where long term studies would be invaluable as to assessing the many of the factors of taking a gene therapy in which a specialize protein is manufactured forever in the human body.  Ok - works great for binding with Covid receptors.  But then, what happens when Covid is eradicated via vaccine induced 'herd-immunity' and Covid disappears (as we are assured) - but - spiked protein synthesis continue unabated for the rest of your life?
Hummm.  I wonder if they'll make an mRNA gene therapy to turn the process off in the future.  I mean, what damage could it do?  I'm sure nothing. 

This is not true.  Think about it.  If that was true why would you need a second shot or booster shots later?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines

They cannot give someone COVID-19.

• mRNA vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19.

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/video/what-stops-body-continuing-produce-covid-19-spike-protein-after-getting-mrna-vaccine

• Like 1

15 hours ago, connda said:

Well yeah.  It turns you into a 'spiked protein' manufacturing-plant.  By the way, the process can never be turned off. 

This assertion is utter nonsense. The vaccine delivers a limited amount of the mRNA that instructs the ribosomes in the cells to manufacture instructions to make the spikes that then appear on the surface of the cells. Once the mRNA gives it's instructions, it's trapped inside the cells and is made short work of just as are all endogenous mRNA particles. God knows what garbage web sites you get your misinformation from.

19 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

My country UK, has committed to sharing any surplus vaccines, I did send an email to BOJO requesting a few million doses to Thailand, particularly the expat community, that was on 27 June, the only response I have received so far is to tell me that my communication has been passed to the relevant department, whatever the F that means.

I think it means the department responsible for recycling messages as yours. I believe it is called the ministry of deletion.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Don't understand your first sentence.....they are both mRNA vaccines?

Not sure anyone doubts vaccines have side effects and for some poor souls serious one's.

Look at the devastation caused in Italy, Spain and the UK BEFORE  anyone was vaccinated.........???

If you don't whish to read the articles you won't understand . I will explain it this one time.  There has been no reports of Gillian Barre Syndrome   with persons taking the Mrna vacccines  Pfizer or Moderna.  There have been over 100 reports of Gillian Barre in persons taking J and J  so that now the US FDA has a warning on its use that a siide effect could be GB .  J and J is not a Mrna vaccine  it is Adenovirus vaccine

thumbnail.jpg.db278af461b5fe256dda4905e54290ef.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

I will explain it this one time.

You are so kind............fail to see what this has to do with the discussion of mRNA vaccines......J&J is traditional.........hate to ask, as you have been so kind.....but what are you talking about????????

34 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

You are so kind............fail to see what this has to do with the discussion of mRNA vaccines......J&J is traditional.........hate to ask, as you have been so kind.....but what are you talking about????????

That's a very short tradition

CanSino Biologics, Johnson & Johnson, and the University of Oxford are all using genetically engineered common cold viruses to make COVID-19 vaccines. The technology is more than 30 years in the making, but it’s yet to yield an effective vaccine for humans

https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/vaccines/Adenoviral-vectors-new-COVID-19/98/i19

On 7/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, BobinBKK said:

Everyone can Google this headline on the BK Post website dated May 6th ---> Pfizer jab not here yet: FDA

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has dismissed a claim made online by ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in which he said the Pfizer vaccine was already in Thailand for emergency and exclusive use among a certain group of people.

Seems someone is "LYING"....

Not quite sure what your point is or the link between Thaksin's comment and US Embassy staff having been vaccinated with Pfizer?

I would interpret Thaksin's comment as being an accusation that specific 'Thai groups of privilege' had received preferential treatment and Pfizer vaccines already at that stage. 

The fact that US Embassy staff had received Pfizer (as per vaccine card) is irrelevant to any such claim. Presumably these vaccines would have entered the country under diplomatic rules in diplomatic bags with no declaration required to Thai authorities, including the FDA, who would therefore have no awareness of the matter...

On 7/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, John Drake said:

Forget Pfizer. Why wasn't Moderna brought in for mass distribution, instead of relying on Pfizer? Why was Moderna left to be an "alternative" vaccine, held up from being purchased for months. Thailand could have had Moderna much faster and more easily than Pfizer, which, as the article states, is yet to arrive--even the gifted donations. It all makes no sense. You get equal coverage from Moderna plus Moderna's storage and distribution is more viable than Pfizer. 

Malaysia to stop using Sinovac vaccine after supply ends - minister

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/1-malaysia-stop-using-sinovac-114941202.html

On 7/14/2021 at 1:54 AM, That time again said:

I just returned to USA for this vaccine , walked in Free next one in a month 

Same here. My wife and I will receive our second shots four days from now. Free at the local pharmacy.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, GreasyFingers said:

As I have said in other topics Pfizer is at the bottom of my list because of the irrational temperature control needed if you want to get it in Thailand. Not to mention myocarditis and pericarditis.

Temp control is something more difficult , but it isnt that hard . Plenty of CO2 ice production in Thailand , the temp needed for Pfizer .

The side effects are present in all vaccines , 1 in X amount will get certain side effects . For me and most i know it was only painful arm , 2nd shot more painful but only lasting 1 day and tired . Most people over here got Pfizer shots and all except 1 had similar experience . 1 had a skin rash over his body and he said his brother who did get Pfizer also had a bloodcloth behind 1 of his eyes , excepted afterwards as result of vaccination , and did go away after short while .

Some people over here got Moderna , and most of them had low to moderate fever after 2nd shot , 1 even stayed home from work for few days . A few i know had AZ , and there i hear many in bed for 1 day after 1st shot . I do not know anybody with J&J so no comment about that .

Side effects are by far most people very mild , but in some cases can get serious , in very rare cases even can cause death ( all vaccines ) . The disease by 1000's of times gives much much more trouble .

1 hour ago, sezze said:

Temp control is something more difficult , but it isnt that hard . Plenty of CO2 ice production in Thailand , the temp needed for Pfizer .

The temperature requirements for the Biontech-Pfizer vaccine have changed. It can be stored for 6 months at a temperature of -25C to -15C. A home freezer can do this. It can also be stored in a refrigerator for up to 1 month at a temperature of 2C to 8C. Virtually the same as Moderna.

Edited by placeholder

Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads, but still prevents severe illness

Pfizer’s and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, but still provides strong protection against severe illness and hospitalization, according to a new report from the country’s health ministry.

The efficacy figure, which is based on an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, is down from an earlier estimate of 64% two weeks ago and conflicts with data out of the U.K. that found the shot was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the variant.

However, the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Same here. My wife and I will receive our second shots four days from now. Free at the local pharmacy.

I got my second shot of Pfizer in Virginia back in early April.  Things were busy then, so I grabbed an appointment at the county health department place they set up at the county fairgrounds.  Very orderly.  Now I could just walk in to the pharmacy in my local grocery store 1 mile away. (Pharmacies have given 1/3 of all shots.) At the time they were only doing 65+ or preconditions, but my wife got one a week or two later no problem.  But the Moderna didn't agree too well with her for several days.

In my area, ages 12 and up can get a Pfizer shot.  Not sure if they give out candy with that or not.  The State has about 1.2 million doses in hand.  They are only averaging about 12,000 doses per day, down from a peak of 80,000 - 100,000 doses per day. ???? Wish I could send over 100,000 or so doses. 

it took a month between pfizer being approved and being ordered.

Same with moderna.

The first time both were mentioned by gen Prayuth just after songkran holidays, himself and dr anutin met with representatives and gave statements, that priority purchase is on for both.

So now there is 3 months gap.

If things were done as with gunshot sinopharm, those 2 vaxes had a chance already be imported and administered, even in small quantities.

But approval and order was crawled on purpose - the government wanted to stick with their original plan for only the AZ as the "saviour of the monarchy".

When became plain clear from a leaked secret correspondence between anytin and the AZ, that the government was lying for half of year about an additional 36mln AZ. Their ability was only 5-6mln per month, and not publicised 10mln. All this grand plan had to change.

Not the UK mutation, with it's Thonglor clusterfluck around sonkran, or Delta strain growing by 1k infection per day, were serious enough for the government, to prompt change of action. It was not health reason for them to take action.

It was only loss of face by anutin and prayuth, which finally pushed them for ordering mrna

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/contract-signed-for-thailands-20-million-doses-of-pfizer-vaccine-delivery-in-q4-this-year/ 

Edited by internationalism

58 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it took a month between pfizer being approved and being ordered.

Same with moderna.

The first time both were mentioned by gen Prayuth just after songkran holidays, himself and dr anutin met with representatives and gave statements, that priority purchase is on for both.

So now there is 3 months gap.

If things were done as with gunshot sinopharm, those 2 vaxes had a chance already be imported and administered, even in small quantities.

But approval and order was crawled on purpose - the government wanted to stick with their original plan for only the AZ as the "saviour of the monarchy".

When became plain clear from a leaked secret correspondence between anytin and the AZ, that the government was lying for half of year about an additional 36mln AZ. Their ability was only 5-6mln per month, and not publicised 10mln. All this grand plan had to change.

Not the UK mutation, with it's Thonglor clusterfluck around sonkran, or Delta strain growing by 1k infection per day, were serious enough for the government, to prompt change of action. It was not health reason for them to take action.

It was only loss of face by anutin and prayuth, which finally pushed them for ordering mrna

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/contract-signed-for-thailands-20-million-doses-of-pfizer-vaccine-delivery-in-q4-this-year/ 

If the government plan was to stick with AZ, they would have ordered sufficient amounts in the first place. But they didn't. I think the explanation for that is far more discreditable than the one you are offering.

image.png

no, they have underestimated their need - in the original contract with AZ they wanted only 3mln per month. Even the AZ offered more and suggested anutin to join COVAX to get more AZ and any other (which he did, just the last saturday, with 9 months delay).

Anutin have also thought that he can bully the AZ for 10mln, with a threat of forbidding export from Siam Bioscience.

That plan did't work. The AZ will give max 6mln (that's 2x more than in contract).

Temperature and storage is not an issue. Those sensitive vax can be brought at small quantities at time. The first batch of AZ came only 117k, the first batch of sinovax only 200k.

All those mRNA vax come in small containers with dry ice, can be kept for 1 week without need to top up. 

Story with side effects is for every single vax - the AZ was withdrawn from 2 european countries. Many countries are not giving it as a second dose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

no, they have underestimated their need - in the original contract with AZ they wanted only 3mln per month. Even the AZ offered more and suggested anutin to join COVAX to get more AZ and any other (which he did, just the last saturday, with 9 months delay).

Anutin have also thought that he can bully the AZ for 10mln, with a threat of forbidding export from Siam Bioscience.

That plan did't work. The AZ will give max 6mln (that's 2x more than in contract).

Temperature and storage is not an issue. Those sensitive vax can be brought at small quantities at time. The first batch of AZ came only 117k, the first batch of sinovax only 200k.

All those mRNA vax come in small containers with dry ice, can be kept for 1 week without need to top up. 

Story with side effects is for every single vax - the AZ was withdrawn from 2 european countries. Many countries are not giving it as a second dose. 

Storage requirements for mRNA vaccines have been eased. No need for dry ice. Pfizer and Moderna can be stored at -25C to -15C for up to 6 months. A home freezer can do that. Then they can be stored in a refrigerator at 2C to 8C for up to a month.