Employers in Thailand must pay 50,000 baht towards funeral if staff member dies

webfact

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interpol doesn't look for anyone, police forces and government agencies do that.

I think we are all fully aware of how interpol works.

Based on your previous comment, clearly, you are not aware.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So it's an employees' benefit and only "utterly ridiculous" to employers, then.  That doesn't make it ridiculous, never mind "utterly ridiculous", it makes it a good idea, even though it's not a new idea in principle.

So your argument is........... "it is good idea because it is an employee benefit"........why not double their wages.......there, that must be, by your definition, a good idea.....utterly ridiculous argument. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

So your argument is........... "it is good idea because it is an employee benefit"........why not double their wages.......there, that must be, by your definition, a good idea.....utterly ridiculous argument. 

No, that wasn't my argument and it's "utterly ridiculous" that you should say that your suggestion of doubling their wages was my idea.

A death/funeral benefit is a good idea for employees, to say that it's not is just irrational.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that wasn't my argument and it's "utterly ridiculous" that you should say that your suggestion of doubling their wages was my idea.

A death/funeral benefit is a good idea for employees, to say that it's not is just irrational.

Where did I say "doubling their wages" was your idea..........?

And why isn't "doubling their wages" a good idea.......I think if we did a survey of employees you'd find doubling their wages was quite popular.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

They better make work conditions better and education. Force employers, personnel to work safe.

Personnel can refuse to do the job asked, if it is not safe. 

In Songkla/Hatyai, one person got down in a sewer, he passed out.

A second one went in and passed out, even a third and a number 4. Number 4 was the boss.

4 died ! So there it is, no education, no rules. Confined space, sewer, MEASURE !

They did it afterwards and all people had to leave the area.

I ve seen a welder on a bamboo scaffold 10 metre-ish high, two legs spread over the bamboo, one arm on bamboo and with the other one welding !! If you would do it here, you ll get fired.

I was flabbergasted.

They had found lots of drugs and was to be burned outside. All the labor officers had to be present to watch the burning. Some stupid promotion. In the meantime, some houses further the people were stoned? The labor officers got stoned? Or maybe die in near future of the chemicals coming out with  the burning.

Yeah ok Thailand has a long way to go yet

40 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The employer even has to pay funeral expenses if the employee disappears.  Predict there will be a lot of disappearances.   

Having to pay for an employee that gets drunk and kills himself on his motor bike in his free time seems unfair too.

Yes, just has unfair as paying an employee slave wages.

7 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

They better make work conditions better and education. Force employers, personnel to work safe.

Personnel can refuse to do the job asked, if it is not safe. 

In Songkla/Hatyai, one person got down in a sewer, he passed out.

A second one went in and passed out, even a third and a number 4. Number 4 was the boss.

4 died ! So there it is, no education, no rules. Confined space, sewer, MEASURE !

They did it afterwards and all people had to leave the area.

I ve seen a welder on a bamboo scaffold 10 metre-ish high, two legs spread over the bamboo, one arm on bamboo and with the other one welding !! If you would do it here, you ll get fired.

I was flabbergasted.

They had found lots of drugs and was to be burned outside. All the labor officers had to be present to watch the burning. Some stupid promotion. In the meantime, some houses further the people were stoned? The labor officers got stoned? Or maybe die in near future of the chemicals coming out with  the burning.

Yeah ok Thailand has a long way to go yet

My father was an engineer with ICI.......he went in one Monday morning to the engineering workshops to find a father and his two young sons dead inside a vessel.

The guy had popped into work on the Sunday, went into the vessel (it was on its side) and collapsed, his son went in and collapsed and then the other son saw what was happening and went in......tragic.

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

My father was an engineer with ICI.......he went in one Monday morning to the engineering workshops to find a father and his two young sons dead inside a vessel.

The guy had popped into work on the Sunday, went into the vessel (it was on its side) and collapsed, his son went in and collapsed and then the other son saw what was happening and went in......tragic.

Was that at Huddersfield? I seem to remember in the dark and distant past seeing a training video about that.

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...employers will be obliged to pay 50,000 baht towards funeral expenses of employees who die while employed by them".

Unless you deliberately want to misinterpret what was said, that is perfectly clear.

Open to interpretation. "while employed" could mean "on the pay role" or it could mean "on the job". Be careful of the translations here. 

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...employers will be obliged to pay 50,000 baht towards funeral expenses of employees who die while employed by them".

Unless you deliberately want to misinterpret what was said, that is perfectly clear.

OK, I employ a person and he get killed when driving drunk after a night out. Don't see why I should pay for that.

13 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

OK, I employ a person and he get killed when driving drunk after a night out. Don't see why I should pay for that.

Fine, you're entitled to your hypothetical opinion but, even if you were an actual employer, you probably wouldn't be paying B50,000, your hypothetical business's insurer would.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Fine, you're entitled to your hypothetical opinion but, even if you were an actual employer, you probably wouldn't be paying B50,000, your hypothetical business's insurer would.

Does he still have to pay hypothetical premiums?

14 hours ago, djayz said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Open to interpretation. "while employed" could mean "on the pay role" or it could mean "on the job".

Open to interpretation, "while employed" could just as likely mean while employed.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Does he still have to pay hypothetical premiums?

Not hypothetically, no.   

• Haha 1