Covid extension denied

41 minutes ago, DDJJ said:

went to Samut Prakarn early this morning to apply for the covid extension

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You are not the first person who has run into resistance when requesting Covid extensions in Bangkok.

He did not apply in Bangkok

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I would listen BritTim, thats what i was going to suggest...

just go some more.. smaller place and try.

At Chaengwattana they are at least giving a 'final' covid ext with the warning that 'it will be the last one'. Try there.

3 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

At Chaengwattana they are at least giving a 'final' covid ext with the warning that 'it will be the last one'. Try there.

He would apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension at Muang Thong Thani since he entered visa exempt but he would have to have a address in Bangkok to do it. He is living Samut Prakarn now.

Thanks again Ubonjoe! with all the inter province travel restriction and the time constraint. Do you think I can try again on the last day of my visa? Hate to run into same IO again. 

2 minutes ago, DDJJ said:

Thanks again Ubonjoe! with all the inter province travel restriction and the time constraint. Do you think I can try again on the last day of my visa? Hate to run into same IO again. 

You could try on the last day but perhaps better the day before.

You could call the immigration helpline at 1178 about it. They might be able to sort a officer who is just being difficult.

2 hours ago, DDJJ said:

Thank you for the reply Ubonjoe. He was the supervisor who told me to leave the country and not take advantage of the covid extension. I mean, besides the extension fee, I'm spending around 65-80k monthly, more in some months. Planning to go back home in October but I guess the IO doesn't want us around anymore.

What is your age? If you have and are spending that much money a month try for a NON-O 1 year extension based on Retirement?

1 hour ago, easydoor said:

Mr DDJJ,

it is very clear you are abusing the Covid Extension rules. You came in on a visa exemption in March and wants to stay till October, so it is very clear your intentions were to stay LONG. Get a correct visa. Don't forget: a covid extension is in the fist place a FAVOR. It doesn't matters how much you spend, even it is 100.000THB/m

Why not stop them all together then stop the abusing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DDJJ said:

Came to Bkk last March with a 30-day exempt visa. Was on covid extension ever since, went to Samut Prakarn early this morning to apply for the covid extension and was told to leave the country(visa expires on 19th) by the IO as he said I've had too many covid extensions. Have anyone encountered similar situation like this?

If travel is possible to your home country then possibly a Covid ext is no longer needed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He would apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension at Muang Thong Thani since he entered visa exempt but he would have to have a address in Bangkok to do it. He is living Samut Prakarn now.

Jo you are right. I think the reason he is being rejected is because he is living in a different place now when he originally gave his address as in Bangkok That is why they are jumping up and down So maybe he might have to provide them with an address in Bangkok I know if i went t another immigration office from the town i live in and tried they prob reject me also 

8 hours ago, DDJJ said:

went to Samut Prakarn early this morning to apply for the covid extension

Was this your first encounter with Samut Prakan Immigration?

Had you received COVID extensions from this office before?

Some say this office can be tough, but fair.

Can you move temporarily to Bangkok? It might be easier to at least get one final COVID extension there?

• Thanks 1

This office is indeed one of the worst.

Just look at their huge waiting area outside. They're overloaded with migrant workers from neighboring countries, expat workers, teachers from the intl schools, and retirees. Inside you'll see plaques stating "something donated by this school or that factory". That's how they operate. Should your employer be one of those who does that, you're in and out. If they don't, expect your paperwork to drag and drag, as it has for me and former colleagues.

I've watched them hassle retirees for income docs, making them run back to the bank. They've got us on rental contracts and other landlord docs, having them redone two or three times, for names or signatures in the wrong places. The usual suspects are the young, female IO's with something to prove, or a bone to pick against all these foreigners in her country, or whatever.

I've seen them yell and point at some date in a passport going "Ah, so you're on overstay?", when it's some other date, not a visa date. Pointless posturing. I'm extremely happy to have put hundreds of kms between me and that place.

When I got back out here to Issan, I was in and out of my imm office in less than 30 mins. Change of address, Non-B, 90 day.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

This office is indeed one of the worst.

Many of the offices in provinces adjacent to Bangkok have similar reputations. When questioning something at Nonthaburi, they told me flat out, "We're not Bangkok, we make the rules here"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaitom said:

May be a cartoon of text that says 'ROYAL THAI POLICE MMIGTIONBUREAU BUREAU IMMIGRATION Short-term Visa Extension for the reason of COVID-19 pandemic An alien can submit an application until 27 SEP 2021. Each permission will be granted for not exceeding 60 days. HOTLINE 1178 https://www.imigration.go.th Immigration Bureau f'

it appears they have already extended the order for the extensions that was ending on the 29th of this month for another 60 days. 

They might extend it again in September unless things change a lot.

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

They acknowledge the order/extension exists but are now granting them as per their interpretation of eligibility, or at least that is how it seems at CW. 

Or if a person can qualify for another type of extension which is your situation if I recall correctly.