Embassy's vaccine joke angers expats

snoop1130

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Are Australia and their Embassy officials so inept that they can't manage to do something that several other countries have managed to do for their foreign nationals in Thailand?  Or perhaps they're simply not interested in attempting to fix the problem.

Quite possibly they are inept and disinterested but I doubt that, their hands are tied by their government.    At least they are trying to do something while you were accusing them, falsely, of doing nothing, that was my point.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Someone would have to be a particularly pathetic individual to become offended by this... 

Maybe pathetic, the scores of Australians who refuse to vaccinate

scared of a bitty needle?

they believe crackpot conspiracy theories?

well, they refuse the jab, but also refuse to get out and protest against their government, so the penal colony will remain just that.

so yes..definately, Pathetic is a fitting word.

12 minutes ago, Myran said:

Holy, effin' Jebus. Expats in Thailand has got to be the whiniest crybabies in the world. Never have I seen such a concentrated amount of entitled snowflakes congregate in the same place.

C'mon, don't sugar coat it - tell us what you REALLY think!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hmmm.... The Chinese managed to get vaccines for their citizens in Thailand. The French managed to get vaccines for their citizens in Thailand. The Swiss managed to get vaccines for their citizens in Thailand.

Are Australia and their Embassy officials so inept that they can't manage to do something that several other countries have managed to do for their foreign nationals in Thailand?  Or perhaps they're simply not interested in attempting to fix the problem.

Err.. they will not even let their own citizens enter Australia without a long wait..

and as such, are forcing people to country hop wherever they can, like a stateless person 

So do you seriously think they are going to do anything at all to help Aussies overseas?

20 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Maybe pathetic, the scores of Australians who refuse to vaccinate

scared of a bitty needle?

Robert Muldoon on Australian colours after the underarm incident...."it was an act of true cowardice and I consider it appropriate that the Australian team were wearing yellow".

4 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Robert Muldoon on Australian colours after the underarm incident...."it was an act of true cowardice and I consider it appropriate that the Australian team were wearing yellow".

Thats funny. 

Id actually die to be a New Zealander right about now.

At least they are allowed to leave their own country, they are probably even letting their own citizens back in ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

Thats funny. 

Id actually die to be a New Zealander right about now.

At least they are allowed to leave their own country, they are probably even letting their own citizens back in ????

My dad (81) got his first Pfizer today. Took long enough but at least he got it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Err.. they will not even let their own citizens enter Australia without a long wait..

and as such, are forcing people to country hop wherever they can, like a stateless person 

So do you seriously think they are going to do anything at all to help Aussies overseas?

What long wait ?.

I have friends (family of 5) decided late last month to pack up go back home to Aus... They qrrived home on Wednesday.

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

what nonsense ......    the politically correct brigade again. Why don't they get a life,  can't say this,  can't say that bs.

Well ....   Ba Ba Black sheep have you any wool ....  lol

so who exactly were these '  Australian expats '  that were offended    ?

Racist post. What's wrong with white sheep.

Joke alert. ????????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

A friend brought me some avocado seeds from South Africa. I grew two.  They never produced fruit and eventually died when about twelve metres high.  A lack of regular rainfall I'm guessing. But when in season they are available here in Sattahip and cheap. I guess they are grown in the durian area of Rayong. Off topic maybe but as pom, just coming the raw prawn.????

Grow from a seed 99% will not produce fruit. You have use a growng twig from a fruit producing tree and graft to your seed tree when it's about 60cm high.

images.jpeg

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Grow from a seed 99% will not produce fruit. You have use a growng twig from a fruit producing tree and attach to your seed tree when it's about 60cm high.

I wish I'd known that, but where would I have got a growing twig? The sad thing is that the friend that gave me the seeds also popped off and we cast his ashes into Pattaya Bay.

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I wish I'd known that, but where would I have got a growing twig? The sad thing is that the friend that gave me the seeds also popped off and we cast his ashes into Pattaya Bay.

You could get some from an 'orchard'??? that grows avacodos, also when we can move freely again some road side places selling plants do sometimes have them. We got a 40cm grafted rambutan tree on the road to Koh Chang.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

What long wait ?.

I have friends (family of 5) decided late last month to pack up go back home to Aus... They qrrived home on Wednesday.

We have been told the weekly capped numbers of Aussies allowed back in Australia has recently been halved.

There are apparently 40k waiting to get back in, if you believe that, although its strange they have been quoting that same figure for some time now.

Exactly how long the wait is to get into a quarantine hotel is, i dont know.

I guess it also depends on arranging a flight to coincide at the right time.

But any news/information that doesnt fit the panic narrative is not exactly welcome here in Australia.

If your friends were able to get in that quick, its good luck to them.

We have heard stories of many people having to country hop, running out of money, while they are trying to arrange a flight and quarantine to syncronise getting back into Australia

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Someone would have to be a particularly pathetic individual to become offended by this... 

Or an Australian who's just learned about the embarrassing effort the French are making to get their people in Thailand vaccinated. Embarrassing for us, that is.

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

what nonsense ......    the politically correct brigade again. Why don't they get a life,  can't say this,  can't say that bs.

Well ....   Ba Ba Black sheep have you any wool ....  lol

so who exactly were these '  Australian expats '  that were offended    ?

He's  playing with his LEGO........

4 hours ago, mfd101 said:

No, not really. It's a big island with 90% of the population living in 6 or 7 cities. Easy to shut down.

Low infection rate and just about the lowest death rate in the world from covid.

All of which means they were slow to take off with vax. Plus the EU stole a couple of million AZ vax that Oz had on order ...

I don't know if you are Aussie or not  you been away to long, yes we might have a low rate if the kept the boarder's closed. We have the poly's running around playing god and changing their minds on Covid so much crab comes out they must have to carry a 10pk of undies around with them. 

3 hours ago, Carriesatousa said:

Everyone is offended at everything right now.  Ridiculous.

That's dammed offensive old chap ????????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Offense is where you seek it, I guess. 

Poor excuse for a joke, you guys down there need comedy counseling or something.

If that were an American joke it would have involved a toilet or a bodily function.

• Haha 2