Embassy's vaccine joke angers expats

snoop1130

not offended at all , in fact I love it . it exactly reinforces what Ive already stated about the folks at the Australian embassy and the amount of help they render to the people they are supposed to be representing....couldn't have demonstrated it better if I tried ..... however I do profess to having a tinge of jealousy creep in when I see that our embassy staff have time to create this australiana nonsense and that is Im jealous of people from other countries who have an embassy that actually acts in their interests and assists them. Im jealous of the fact that their embassies actually understand what their mandate  is rather  than the scant disregard  the Australian embassy shows . So go for it Aussie embassy staff.. while many of us Aussies are trying to get vaccinated  and sort out issues ( none of which we can get help from you on) please continue making up jokes.....note to Australian government.... please consider shutting down the embassy returning all the staff back home and outsource consulate services.. you would save a great deal of money and no doubt the service would be better  (put another way it couldn't be worse) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

A friend brought me some avocado seeds from South Africa. I grew two.  They never produced fruit and eventually died when about twelve metres high.  A lack of regular rainfall I'm guessing. But when in season they are available here in Sattahip and cheap. I guess they are grown in the durian area of Rayong. Off topic maybe but as pom, just coming the raw prawn.????

You have to have male and female avocado trees, where they cross pollinate to produce fruit. 2 male or two female trees will not produce fruit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Also a pretty pathetic individual to think it's funny in the first place

Well for once I am on the right side of that.....cos don't  see it as funny.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, pookondee said:

We have been told the weekly capped numbers of Aussies allowed back in Australia has recently been halved.

There are apparently 40k waiting to get back in, if you believe that, although its strange they have been quoting that same figure for some time now.

Exactly how long the wait is to get into a quarantine hotel is, i dont know.

I guess it also depends on arranging a flight to coincide at the right time.

But any news/information that doesnt fit the panic narrative is not exactly welcome here in Australia.

If your friends were able to get in that quick, its good luck to them.

We have heard stories of many people having to country hop, running out of money, while they are trying to arrange a flight and quarantine to syncronise getting back into Australia

Many people are too cheap to fund their own flights and endure long wait times waiting for a repatriation flights

• Sad 1

OK - can someone deconstruct this "joke" and tell me whites funny. Maybe I've missed context or something. I don'yt find it particularly offensive, but only the media have said that presumably to get a story to fill space. but ll it says tome is that someone at the Embassy is one of those people who really doesn't understand humour and thinks somehow there is a joke.

Well.... I don't geddit! So if someone could explain or do we just agree the person who thought it was funny, and wrote it, is a humours moron

I very much doubt more that five Aussies were 'offended' by that stupidity, but they made a lot of noise. Same story as in the West, a few millennials making a lot of noise on the insufferable social media, and the great unwashed get tarnished with their BS. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

You have to have male and female avocado trees, where they cross pollinate to produce fruit. 2 male or two female trees will not produce fruit.

How do you sex an avocado?????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, connda said:

I worry about when a generation of the political correctness and 'ice-crystal' brigade finally take the reins of political power.  My guess is that the result will be something between Stalinism and 1984.

I totally agree with you there Connda,  in the last 30-40 years the world's do gooders have stuffed Australia.

Drug addicts and the ' oh i'm offended brigade '   ........   it's disgusting and it's wrecked.   imo

years ago,  folks had work to do and they knew right from wrong. 

3 hours ago, johnarth said:

i thought the "joke"was a joke, in Australia the people that were playing I am offended s--- were the immigrant Muslims when they were not getting new homes for free

what nonsense are you trying to spill ......  ?   no one understands what your trying to say ...

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

It's nothing like the Aussie humour I have come across.

That is pathetic from an embassy staffer who presumably suffers from a humour virus.

It’s one of the symptoms ……………. loss of taste …………. loss of smell …………:.. loss of humour !

Allegedly 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

nonsense ...... it's folk's like you who have wrecked countries with your pc bs.  

Finally a joke I can laugh at.

it proves the point that when New Zealanders who leave for Australia raise the IQ of both countries. - but I doubt Steven will understand that.

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, steven100 said:

what nonsense ......    the politically correct brigade again. Why don't they get a life,  can't say this,  can't say that bs.

Well ....   Ba Ba Black sheep have you any wool ....  lol

so who exactly were these '  Australian expats '  that were offended    ?

You do know the story about Ba Ba Black Sheep being banned was made up and is utter nonsense.

Basically a story to generate fake outrage by people who moan about others getting outraged.... kind of like this :) 

• Haha 1