dog neutered without removing balls in thailand ? Or use implants ?

My male cats were neutered where the vet used the "new" method (according to her).

A small incision was made in the scrotum sac and the internal 'workings' removed.

The cats recovered quickly and the vet said they could be allowed out the following day.

You can still quite clearly see that they are male cats, total removal was not done.

I think the same can be done for dogs. 

• Like 2

we just neutered our puppy - he recovered quickly.. seemed to look abt the same though I didn't check before or after.. he surely didn't seem to mind... had it done by a young country vet... he seemed abt the same before and after too...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:35 AM, Moonlover said:

I'm sure that 'new' method is called a vasectomy!

I asked the same thing, my regular Vet said no we don't do that with dogs (we did not talk about cats) I will go to the Vet today with my female dog and ask again. This hospital is part of the university and I will meet the Prof.

• Haha 1

I've got many dogs and I've fostered and cared for many others.  Unless you have purebreds for breeding purposes you're doing your pet a service by removing that urge to fight and mate everytime some bitch in the neighborhood comes into heat. 
I just had our 7 month old male neutered two weeks ago when he decided to hump our dominate male.  Good timing has his sister just went into heat a couple of days ago.  He's a big dog and that would have been a problem.  Instead?  No dog in our pack cares about about the little bitch (she is a dear).  Once she dries up it's off to the vet with her too.

You're male isn't a human.  He doesn't care if he has a swinging set of balls.  Allow him to reach sexual maturity - 7 months to a year.  Then give him the snip.  Males recover quickly.  He'll still be a guy, lift his leg, show dominance if he's the pack leader.  He'll still be all male.  He just won't go nuts if a bitch goes into heat locally. 

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, Ginkas said:

My male cats were neutered where the vet used the "new" method (according to her).

A small incision was made in the scrotum sac and the internal 'workings' removed.

The cats recovered quickly and the vet said they could be allowed out the following day.

You can still quite clearly see that they are male cats, total removal was not done.

All they do is remove the dog's testicles.  He still "got sack."  Just nothing in them, just like your cat.

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:23 AM, JWRC said:

Would you notice if yours were removed?

I'm not a dog.  I'm a human.

And I don't anthropomorphize my animals.  My wife does that nonsense for me.  How many dogs do you see fussing over themselves in a mirror?  Checking out there zits, combing their hair, hefting their balls in their paws while barking, "Come gets some sugar ladies!" 
Right!  They don't  Lol.
Vanity is a human trait.  Not a canine trait.  Dude got less to get bit off in a fight - I've seen that, not pretty.

• Haha 2

On 7/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, Ginkas said:

I know of no other procedure than that for decades.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

My dog was recently neutered with just an incision and balls not removed. I queried it with the vet who said it was mostly how it was done now.

What you think are your male's "rocks" probably ain't his "rocks."  It's two glans on the side of his penis call bulbus glandis that are near the scrotum.  They look like balls but they are not in the dog's scrotum.  It's what expands and makes copulating dogs stick together.  (Thank God that's not a human trait!)  Lol
I course, maybe your vet gave your dog a vasectomy although I've never heard of that.  If he still has balls in his sac he hasn't been neutered.  He'll still be pumping "T" and will react to females in heat. If my males still had balls my vet and I would have had a serious discussion.  Feel your dog's sac. After one to two weeks after the operation he should have nothing but an empty sac of skin.  If he still has rocks into there I's be asking my vet exactly what he did for the cost of neutering?  Because he did not neuter your dog.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

I asked the same thing, my regular Vet said no we don't do that with dogs (we did not talk about cats) I will go to the Vet today with my female dog and ask again. This hospital is part of the university and I will meet the Prof.

Asked the question;

For female dogs they remove all reproductive organs to avoid complications due to hormones (if not removed completely) at an older age.

Male dog Vasectomy is possible but not recommended.

1. The dog will keep his normal male behavior when females are in the heat. (risk of running away)

2. At older age possible complications with the testicles (tumor and cancer)

3. At older age possible complications with the prostate as well.

Complete removal of the testicles is recommended to avoid the above mentioned problems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1