Thailand reports daily record of 9,692 new COVID-19 cases, 67 more deaths

webfact

12 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Central Festival Pattaya beach was 100% closed yesterday

Oh.  Do you know if this is just for deep-cleaning, or for a longer period?  Are places like the Starbucks, which is accessible from the street, closed as well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Oh.  Do you know if this is just for deep-cleaning, or for a longer period?  Are places like the Starbucks, which is accessible from the street, closed as well?

I read somewhere yesterday (Pattaya News most likely) that it was closed for 1 day to do a deep clean.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Statistically, Pattaya is likely more dangerous---in terms of catching Covid---than Bangkok.

171 new infections in a population that used to be 100,000, but is likely well below that now, would be the Bangkok equivalent of about 18,000 new infections.

Statically they seem to be testing more in Chonburi,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sungod said:

I read somewhere yesterday (Pattaya News most likely) that it was closed for 1 day to do a deep clean.

So how does "lockdown" work in Bangkok.

So Wednesday drove to Big C for supplies. Fine that's allowed.

Ended up in Homepro buying artificial grass for balcony. 

Is that what lockdown means? 

I don't really regard tarting up my patio essential. 

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

About time, it was completely infested. The community spread in that area must be horrendous

Only closed for the pointless covid theatre of deep cleaning for a virus that spreads in the air now.   I’m sure it will be open today.   Whether or not there are any employees left to actually staff the shops who either do not have covid or have not been in close contact with someone who has covid though is an entirely different question.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

With about 130,000 reported deaths in the UK, 63 yesterday despite the high vaccination rate. 

The glasses over there must be quite dark.

Same Delta

Less Vaccines

More Sinovac

Why are Thailand numbers so low compared to the UK?

Testing? Reporting? Other reasons?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Perhaps similar to Rawai (Phuket) bars in Pattaya will become restaurants so that the Bangkok government cannot complain?

That's been tried before. Don't think it bypasses regulations. 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

2 days since we were tested so it does appear there is a lag in testing results being reported nationwide here. Wonder how long the prison testing takes before they are informed.  How many have died in the prisons, that seems to be a statistical note not reported often. 

Its probably not just slow test results. likely also poor systems for the data reporting from the laboratories and collation of the data for release. My gut has always said we are seeing data from testing 48 to 72 before they report it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

When will the talk of procuring vaccines stop and the actual delivery begin and vaccinations move onward.  It gets tired hearing the mundane BS as cases continue onward.  My condolences to families who have lost a loved one.  Be safe folks.  Glad some have been vaccinated.

The figures speak for themselves.

Only 2.47 M are fully vaccinated with 2 doses of any Vaccine. An increase over the last week or so of only about 250 K from around the 2.25 M figure.

2.47 M is only 3.7 % of the population ( based on 66 M ). This is a really poor Vaccination rate

It is now hard to believe that only 250 K people had their first dose of Vaccine in mid May, as it is now 8 weeks or so since then, and the second doses should be administered now.

Does the Government really believe that a single Dose of any Vaccine will make Delta disappear ?

• Like 1

Deputy Health Minister Satit Pitutacha said that #AstraZeneca had asked for the extension until May 2022 to complete delivery, and that while the timeframe is flexible, the government will still negotiate for as much monthly supply as possible. Read more: https://bit.ly/3hFNS6r

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Deputy Health Minister Satit Pitutacha said that #AstraZeneca had asked for the extension until May 2022 to complete delivery, and that while the timeframe is flexible, the government will still negotiate for as much monthly supply as possible. Read more: https://bit.ly/3hFNS6r

Are they referring to SB as AZ for this purpose since the lab is producing AZ or is this from overseas. Just a little confused 

BREAKING: The European Council is restricting travel to the European Union from Thailand and Rwanda https://consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2021/07/15/covid-19-council-adds-ukraine-and-removes-two-countries-from-the-list-of-countries-for-which-travel-restrictions-should-be-lifted… #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1415863343206658049

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Same Delta

Less Vaccines

More Sinovac

Why are Thailand numbers so low compared to the UK?

Testing? Reporting? Other reasons?

Probably a variety of reasons, it is a known fact that every government in the world will present any figures in the best possible light. What we see on a daily basis has to be viewed with some sort of reality.

The only figure that has any real validity is the excess mortality where current deaths are compared to an average over the previous 5 years and we will only really see the true picture when a global analysis on excess mortality during the pandemic is carried out. Even that is not without flaws as each cause of death can also fluctuate. In the first half of last year, excess mortality in Thailand went negative, about the only country in the world. That was due to Songkran being cancelled and the reduction in road deaths wiped out all other increases.

Current figures show excess mortality to be rising to a level of concern, but still a long way from that seen in other countries.

The other main concern is the ability of the health services to cope with rising numbers. But again that appears to be variable. I was at the hospital the week before last and it was almost deserted, about the quietest I have seen it since the pandemic started. Makes me wonder where these thousands of sick people are going.

The situation is far from good but best to try and keep some perspective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

You can't compare the two as one country has almost no testing and the other tests goods and records deaths good. Thailand does not. 

I wasn't aware that testing stopped people from dying

If you want to believe that people die in Thailand without any notice being taken, entirely up to you, doesn't make it a fact.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Community-based isolation: a solution for managing healthcare strain

With rising COVID-19 new cases, Bangkok metropolitan region is declared a pandemic hotspot by the Thai government.

Two by three of nearly 10,000 new daily cases reported in Thailand are concentrated in the region. The influx of patients at hospitals exhausts medical professionals and health workers. Bed occupancy is brimful. Patients wait longer to get beds. Some of them die while staying at home, unable to obtain hospital care.

We genuinely feel sorry about their loss and feel the suffering of people who must observe the illness and death in the last one and a half years.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003318