30% of arrivals denied entry to Phuket on Day 1 of new requirements

webfact

10 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Can we have a source? It is the forum rules to give a source when making such claims.

Or are you spreading misinformation again?

Someone makes a claim, someone else says the claim is not correct, and in stead of asking the original poster to substantiate the claim you ask the second poster to deny. 

It is the forum rules to substantiate a claim, so why don't you repeat your request to him.

1 hour ago, misterjames said:

He said and I quote:

This is a lie and misinformation.

It is not a lie. WHO has recognized it and 9 EU countries accept all by WHO recognized vaccines.

I have requested a credible source for his claim. 

There is a misinformation campaign going on  by certain users here.

I have made a thread about it here:

And you should ask the original poster to substantiate, not the one who reacted. But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, misterjames said:

He said vast majority there are 44 countries in Europe so it's both a lie and misinformation.

That's not what he said and you know it. You recently quoted, why don't you quote again and see if he said 'vast majority' and see whether he referred to Europe. You may find he said 'majority', you just made up 'vast', and you may find he referred to the EU, not Europe. He also didn't claim 'majority' while referring to the EU but said 'many'.

Your claims are dishonest.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You may find he said 'majority', you just made up 'vast'

Splitting hairs? what he said is a lie and is misinformation.

Tell me what is a majority of the worlds countries if not vast?:D

Show me some proof (a credible source) that the majority of the worlds countries accept Sinovac certificates then?

You can't because it's a lie and misinformation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Splitting hairs? what he said is a lie and is misinformation.

Tell me what is a majority of the worlds countries if not vast?:D

Show me some proof (a credible source) that the majority of the worlds countries accept Sinovac certificates then?

You can't because it's a lie and misinformation.

Enough if this. You asked the wrong person to proof his claims and you intentionally misquoted. You clearly can't proof your point.

End of 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Venom said:

So they are no longer offering rapid test upon entry at the bridge and airport for 600 baht? ????

No, they discontinued the test at the bridge a while ago.

Maybe better to reintroduce that option again as Phang Nga only test people who are living in that province.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, merijn said:

No, they discontinued the test at the bridge a while ago.

Maybe better to reintroduce that option again as Phang Nga only test people who are living in that province.

Yeah maybe unless they are trying to kill domestic tourism to Phuket. ????

Edited by Venom

6 hours ago, misterjames said:

Can we have a source? It is the forum rules to give a source when making such claims.

Or are you spreading misinformation again?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57817591

Nearly 100 countries are using Chinese vaccines. That's already half of the world.

Any country which used a Chinese (or any other) vaccine will recognize it as valid. The AZ count is high as they have been part of COVAX for a while, but COVAX signed a deal with the Chinese to purchase 550 million doses.

At least the following European countries allow entry with Chinese vaccine certificate:

Iceland,Estonia,Slovenia,Greece,Spain,Bulgaria,Hungary,Cyprus,Croatia,Switzerland,Austria,Netherlands,Sweden

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

7 hours ago, misterjames said:

He said and I quote:

This is a lie and misinformation.

I just posted a few links for you...can't figure out your obsession with the Chinese. Did a Chinese person took your job or something else?

I'm not a Chinese, and furthermore I've never been to China. With my background I like to work with facts and numbers, and was merely clarifying unsubstantiated generalizations.

The topic was the entry to Phuket, but the anti-China trolls here just can't resist themselves with injecting something about Chinese vaccines or something negative about China. Go get a life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

That's not what he said and you know it. You recently quoted, why don't you quote again and see if he said 'vast majority' and see whether he referred to Europe. You may find he said 'majority', you just made up 'vast', and you may find he referred to the EU, not Europe. He also didn't claim 'majority' while referring to the EU but said 'many'.

Your claims are dishonest.

He may be dishonest, but I'm wrapping it up at this point. Nobody will give me back my time spent feeding trolls in forums.

Thankfully there is an ignore list.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gearbox said:

The topic was the entry to Phuket, but the anti-China trolls here just can't resist themselves with injecting something about Chinese vaccines or something negative about China. Go get a life.

No need to be insulting keep it civil, you should look at the graph above from your link it shows you are incorrect about the number of countries using sinovac it's 34 not 100. 

• Like 2

From your own source 34 countries not 100 that is not a majority.

_119357291_optimised-vaccines_by_country_12jul-nc.png

He was talking about accepting, you're again changing by now starting about using 

And again, you should ask the original poster who made the claim to substantiate, not the one who is refuting. But obviously that doesn't suit your narrative.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He was talking about accepting, you're again changing by now starting about using 

And again, you should ask the original poster who made the claim to substantiate, not the one who is refuting. But obviously that doesn't suit your narrative.

The bbc source post he posted as the source makes no mention of 100 countries accepting Sinvovac certificates.

Please furnish me with credible evidence that 100 countries are accepting Sinovac certificates to travel into their region?

If you can't do that then please do not reply anymore I have no time for these games.

Thank you.

The bbc source post he posted as the source makes no mention of 100 countries accepting Sinvovac certificates.

Please furnish me with credible evidence that 100 countries are accepting Sinovac certificates to travel into their region?

If you can't do that then please do not reply anymore I have no time for these games.

Thank you.

Agree, I have enough of you as well. First you refuse to ask the person making the claim to prove it, but in stead ask the person refuting that claim to prove. Only possible reason is that you like the first claim but don't like the refute.

Then you start distorting his quotes, time and time again, ignoring arguments, you try to make a point by posting old and obsolete links and finally you are moving the goal posts by changing 'accept' to 'use'. Your posting is dishonest.

Let's just put this into context.  The govt is telling us that the solution to this problem is vaccinations which will prevent Covid yet they are not confident enough in the vaccinations to allow entry into Phuket without a test?  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Let's just put this into context.  The govt is telling us that the solution to this problem is vaccinations which will prevent Covid yet they are not confident enough in the vaccinations to allow entry into Phuket without a test?  

The vaccines don't stop infections, they reduce the severity. So vaccinated people must be tested until there are enough of us to not be sick enough to crash the whole healthcare system.

The whole world has to put up with it, but Thai bureaucracy just finds ways to make it even more unbearable for all concerned, even for the gatekeepers and caregivers.

4 hours ago, tlandtday said:

And why must the whole world put up with it?  

Go to any town hall, anywhere on the planet, and loudly refuse to put up with it. Let us know how you get on from your new government accommodation.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:41 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Seems the Thai authorities are not accepting Sinovac jabs as being vaccinated against the virus 

Please do not spread misinformation.

2 Sinovac are accepted. Any vaccine approved by WHO or  the Thai MOPH is accepted. (whether this is advisable is another matter)

If you read the article, most of the peopel turned away lacked test results. Bith vaccination and testing are required.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:34 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I read on another report that people arriving in Phuket were required to have had two vaccinations and at least one of them had to be something other than the Sino vaccine .

Two doses of the Sino vaccine wasn't acceptable 

Please do not spread misinformation.

2 Sinovac are accepted. Any vaccine approved by WHO or  the Thai MOPH is accepted. (whether this is advisable is another matter)

• Thanks 1