Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, but what will they do when there are 3 to a car or 2 on a bike, with the roadway gridlocked, horns honking, and a large truck with speakers being used as the platform as they drive down the road at 1 mph.  How can that be construed as an illegal gathering. "But sir we were trying to get to 7-11"

They will do tanks.Nothing will need to be construed as they don't do law abiding they do panic and trigger happy.

7 hours ago, dan42 said:

Okay, this looks really ugly now. They must put the whole country under full lockdown ASAP. I don't understand what the hell they are waiting for.

If they do, then they are obligated to help the people. They're just too damned cheap, they don't want to share. It's like the US gubmint. They stopped calling military actions "wars" cuz they had to pay the vets more. "Conflicts" are done at a cheaper rate.

• Like 1

AZ is looked down on in the UK the same way as Sinovac is here.  Japan set up a small factory to manufacture AZ under the license but by the time it was producing the Japs didn't want AZ because of the blood clots.  That's why Thailand was able to get AZ donated from Japan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9791983/Up-Brits-doubled-jabbed-AstraZeneca-Covid-symptoms-compared-Pfizer.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Very bad figures everywhere and getting worse by the day. You would think a competent government would be throwing every resource they had at getting vaccines in and administered, yet their performance on that front is appalling. God help us all, because aside from the French, our own countries are not going to it seems.

All their energy is being used down south, trying to convince the nation that a few hundred tourists are going to bail-out the rest if Thailand.

• Sad 1

The new record high 141 COVID deaths reported on Saturday also included a new record high number for Bangkok province of 71 deaths in the past day, surpassing the prior province record of 55 on July 14.

The lowest age of the new deaths reported was 24, continuing an almost daily trends of at least some COVID deaths occurring in Thais in their mid to late 20s.

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/366607288290935/?type=3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, rabas said:

You are the one making assumptions. 

I didn't assume anything. I quoted an article which was sourced from Reuters. And what difference does it make how much more effective is the Pfizer if they don't have it?

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

No it isn't perfect because they said MILLIONS of Indonesian medical workers have been vaccinated and you don['t say how many Thai medical workers have been vaccinated.

so given the numbers for Indonesia maybe less than 1% of medical workers have become infected.

Come, come, come, Mahoney xiensheng, the quote from my post is shown below. There is no talk of millions, in lower, or upper case letters. The part of your post i quoted is completely accurate when applied to Thailand. The other parts aren’t necessarily applicable, hence I did not quote them.

“They (THAILAND) are also battling a record-breaking surge in new cases and deaths, led by the highly contagious Delta variant, while rising infections among medical workers despite being fully immunized with the Sinovac shots have stretched already thin healthcare systems.

"There's a lot of doctors and medical workers who have been vaccinated twice but endured medium and severe symptoms, or even died," 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

100 posts complaining about the government and 0 discussing this chart. 

Okay, proactive testing numbers are holding steady at 2,470.

Hospital system admissions are up a bit at 7,443. Note by "hospital system", I mean hospitals, field hospitals, hospitel, etc., including beds in parking garages. 

Discharges are at 6,327.

My calculator says that 1,115 patients were squeezed into filled hospitals, ie "net admissions". I expect this number to drop, unless new facilities come online. 

I would have a discussion about what "admission" means, and case management, but it would bore everyone to tears. 

FINALLY we agree on something!

“I would have a discussion about what "admission" means, and case management, but it would bore everyone to tears. “

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

What strict measures?

Apart from bars being kept closed people can go about their daily lives pretty much as normal.

Wednesday, after doing big shop at Big C, spent couple hours Homepro. Got some artificial grass for balcony. etc etc 

Not what I think of as strict.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Finally admitting a few more deaths. IMHO there are a lot more than this.

The number of deaths from infections are just a little over 1%,  hardly Ebola  is it. The deaths maybe somewhat under reported but then so are the asymptomatic cases and those cases that go unreported.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Once again, new COVID cases Saturday in 77 of 77 Thai provinces. Only 7 provinces (the green areas) with 10 or fewer new cases for the day. Sixteen provinces with more than 100 new cases for the day.

2021-07-17c.jpg.6ac7ec07f7af63f53028b6237a873561.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/366607534957577/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

At least the Baht has fallen, and should by all measures, continue to fall.  Clearly this is no emerging market for international currency traders.  More like an emergency market—avoid like Covid.

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just to add a little fuel to the growing fire....................sheer incompetence that is directly leading to deaths from covid now.

Leaked letter from AstraZenecaUK to Anutin. Key revelations: Anutin(‘s team) told AstraZeneca in Sep 20 Thailand would need 3 mil doses per month. Thailand late to order: 26mil (Jan 21), 35mil (May 21). AstraZeneca advised Thailand to join COVAX.

uO96KrR2?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1416309807900860421

https://www.isranews.org/article/isranews/100580-ASTRAAA00.html

Stand by for more insiders leaking much more than what we have seen already and so far.  There are people on the inside of the regime that have no love for those in power it would appear.  As on of my former managers told me when I was a youngster "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"  It appears that the friends are not even who they appear to be.....you can not be to careful when your in power these days.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I didn't assume anything. I quoted an article which was sourced from Reuters. And what difference does it make how much more effective is the Pfizer if they don't have it?

Because if Pfizer is indeed much more effective, then they might decide to get some. Or, people might decide to fly to a different country to get it.

It’s hard for me to see that information on the effectiveness of Covid vaccines isn’t useful given current circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The number of deaths from infections are just a little over 1%,  hardly Ebola  is it. The deaths maybe somewhat under reported but then so are the asymptomatic cases and those cases that go unreported.

Ignorance is what your statement reeks of, trying to downplay deaths is just grasping at straws while trying to minimize the impact of Covid.  You truly must be a denier.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

At least the Baht has fallen, and should by all measures, continue to fall.  Clearly this is no emerging market for international currency traders.  More like an emergency market—do not buy.

Yes the dollar is slowing gaining more ground on the Baht

image.png.b1354b5f4af4018665129d2a7bbc3d34.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The 10k barrier of resistance has been broken as well as the 100 deaths per day barrier

There is no such thing as this barrier of resistance, it's not a stock price, this is merely a measure of what they want to admit to.

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There is no such thing as this barrier of resistance, it's not a stock price, this is merely a measure of what they want to admit to.

Ergo they never wanted to admit to over 10k and it was a level of resistance that they had no intention of breaking, yet it occurred.