SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?

Scott

SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Since you ask:

I make no secret of my situation. I live here, own my house (it is in the name of my estranged wife of course) but I have court protection which prevents her from selling it, and which allows me to live in it. I have a small occupational pension from the UK, and support myself and my teenage daughter (for whom I am the sole effective parent) through a combination of that, my income from teaching part time and from some on line teaching with a Chinese company (particularly hard nosed bastards). My estranged wife managed to clear out all my cash when she left. So I live on about 30K a month, quite comfortably and happily. I am quite content with my lot. Life will be altogether rosier in a couple of years when my UK government pension pays out. Better still when Lucy completes university and is able to stand on her own two feet financially (ha ha)!

I could raise the cash to get myself to the UK. There I would have to pay for quarantine, and support myself for the period during which I would receive the two vaccinations. I have no family in the UK to stay with. Then I would have to return here and quarantine again. I cannot take my daughter to the UK (apart from the cost) she has been refused UK nationality, and yet by some bizarre catch 22, cannot get a visa to go to the UK because that branch of a pretty dysfunctional bureaucracy says that she should have a British passport! I am not prepared to leave her, and anyway, going to the UK for at least 3 months would mean losing my job.

So for me it is simply not an option. Now I would suggest that for everyone for whom going back to their home country is easy, and possibly involves no more sacrifice than kissing goodbye to the furniture in a rented condo, there will be someone like myself for whom it is not a realistic option.

That is why.

PS: I suppose there is always the "nuclear option" - get the two of us to Europe, put Lucy in a Burka, and cross the channel in the back of a fruit and veg lorry....

That's fair enough. Obviously you've got a lot of specific circumstances that would make it very hard for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderna or Pfeizer.

Willing to pay for it, WHEN actually available, not signed for sometimes the possible 3-6 months, since Thailand changes their mind and numbers on everything twice weekly.

I won't get Sinovac even if they pay me to take, and not fond of AZ either, especially locally made, passing local QC, knowing how imprinted bribing and face saving to society.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

Wasn't given any lot number. Just a yellow card that I have to take along to get second vaccination. Two weeks after that I have to call the gov't hospital to make an appointment to get a vaccination certificate.

you'll see Lot number on the certificate....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I voted that i had been fully vacinated ,but have only had my girst az jab ( there was no choice for one jab) i hope it is cut to 8 weeks but wont hold my breath,the wife rang the hospital and they said they would sms when they had more vacine. 

Yeah, this is me and Madam too, both are single-shotters. I actually got mine before the wife due to getting it via the office.

Pfizer seems to be fairly safe, although I doubt the long term efficacy of it or any of the vaccines, just from normal degradation over time, and not even considering what variants or future mutations will do.  Johnson Johnson Single Jab may be the safest.  Would love to see the long term results of all these emergency approvals, for the the vaccines that have not gone through the normal full approval process

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

With a  roughly 98%  survival rate  I  have NO  plan

I would add that the efficacy of these emergency vaccines is far from known and only time may tell.  And that is just with normal degradation or fading, not even considering variants and mutations. Even the flu vaccines only can address a certain range of variants and they are guessed at months in advance in order get mass production under way prior to a flu season.  Flu vaccines are recognized and estimated to be only 45 % effective. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, this is me and Madam too, both are single-shotters. I actually got mine before the wife due to getting it via the office.

i think the reasons that the shots are almost three months apart are two fold. 

1. It gives the authorities a chance to get one shot in as many people as possible.

2. Given so far apart increases immune response to the second one.

• Like 1

i personally went to register at one of the 2 hospitals that were mentioned a week or so back,i did so on the 1st day of that announcement.at first they wouldnt do it but then relented .i hope to get 1st shot of az beginning of aug thats the only option ive found so far,i will not take the china vaccs that my personal decision based on the facts its useless on the indian variant and side effects ive heard are serious.a 2nd jab-ill take any of the western shots.mix and match with those...yes ,merkels done that so it must be ok.the embassies need to step into this void,theyve jabbed all their staff and itll take a burden off this useless govt and allow more thais jabs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Whilst I would accept Sinovac since I understand that it reduces the symptoms and likely severity of infection I would prefer AZ.

I am in the category of vulnerable, 64 with diabetes. I have been refused repeatedly as I am a foreigner - by MoPH officials over ruling medical decisions.

I don't really expect to receive any vaccination. I listen to the claims of inclusivity for foreign residents by the government, and by the British Embassy for that matter (including the newly appointed ambassador) but I don't really believe them.

I hope and pray that I don't contract the disease. For me it could be very serious, and I also doubt that with the medical services under pressure, that I would be treated.

To be blunt, I am frightened.

Buy 3M 8210 masks without valve, there are still some left on Lazada, I bought another 60 a few days ago. This is going to go on until at least November, December.

They take a bit of time to get used to but I hardly even notice now a days. Not a problem

• Like 1

Have given up waiting for the Thai Government making a decision on vaccinating foreigners especially us who don't live in Bangkok 

My local hospital has advised I go to my international hospital in Bangkok where my medical records are held

Awaiting the hospital in Bangkok to advise me when they Aquire 

The vaccine 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bermondburi said:

I'm double jabbed, one shot AZ, one shot Pfizer, so I'm good. 

But if I had health issues and I was in Thailand I would be gone by now to somewhere I could get a jab, like my home country.  Things are only going to get worse IMO. 

So I would pose the question, how bad do things have to get in Thailand, before people decide to leave to get a jab.

In reply to your question, most people are awaiting availability for a vaccine, not their choice......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for the opportunity to respond.  Have prepaid Moderna.  Will probably take AZ if available.  Then, if things deteriorate by October, will fly with Thai wife back to America for 1st shot Pfizer, and wait 28 days for 2nd shot.  A lot depends on the quarantine requirements.  Caught between a rock and a hard place.  ACS/US Embassy has thrown us under the Covid bus.  They will not help us at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'll accept whatever vaccine that is offered to me. I've already received AZ No1 thanks to the local medical authority and have an appointment for AZ No2 next month.

I certainly would not travel anywhere to seek out an alternative vaccine as I feel quite safe where and as I am right now. Besides, I have no time for 'vaccine snobbery' that prevails at the moment. For me the best vaccine is the one I can get into my arm right now.

Moonlover on my part it is not "vaccine snobbery" i see no sense in having a jab with a type that is proven low efficacy and then topped up with another type, there have bern little trials of the topping up but i read nowhere about mixing two types, if anybody can enlighten me please do.

• Like 1

My wife and I have both had the AstraZeneca jab , 

next one in a couple of months I hope,Daughter 

had the Sinovac ,but is booked up for a Moderna

jab,maybe 1st quarter next year 

regards Worgeordie