Complete lockdown in two months possible if COVID-19 figures do not improve – DDC

snoop1130

The solution is simple really it is to get the bloody vaccines rolled out quickly and effectively.  This is a problem that can and shouild have beenavoided IMHO as we should have imported available inexp[ensive vaccines way back in February and March so the problem falls squarely at teh feet of the government for failing in this important task.  Surely if it is lack of money then why not raise a Covod tax form those who are rivh enought to afford it and there are many of those in Thailand, some of whom have IMHO immorally made lots of money out of this pandemic, or they couild hjave diverted funds from other less importnat and less urgent projects

I still do not see Sputnik V vaccine even authorised here yet ????  I believe there is plentiful supply of this excellent viral vector vaccine from Russia.  Indeed Sputnik V came out near the top in peer review testing many months ago and is not what is a bloody dangerous experimental mRNA type vaccine.  Surely this cannot be political to appease the anti Russian criminal mafia gang in Washington else they would not have brought in the Chineses good safe deactivated virus cell vaccines, which are by the way highly effective against hospitalisations and death.  Certainly there is no time for childish political games anywhere in the world right now whilst this pandemic is still taking a hold over ourlives with its Delta variant now rife and spreading in Thailand and many other corners of the World.  And they wonder why so few of us trust politicians today !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

.....to a point where food and water will be delivered to homes,”

Food and drink organized for millions by whom?
The government is not even able to properly care for the construction workers locked up on the major construction sites.

Absolutely shameful stuff, I was looking at those pictures of volunteers taking in food to those people trapped in those stupid construction sites.

NO WAY they could pull off the logistics nightmare of prepping and delivering food to 16 Million people in Bangkok. Doubtfull the Germans or Japanese could even do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I got a bottle of wine from the local off licence , cork out , lock down. Well ! All this nonsense is enough to turn anyone to drink. Thinking of making wine from ganja and honey , both in abundance here.

Get on with it then, and supply others with it. Send me the recipe I'll have a go at making it.

18 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Yes, do it. And the streets will be filled with grab drivers who then transmit infected packages into homes. 

Covid Regs are like trying to solve a cockroach problem with a garden hose. You may think you are doing some good for a while, but all you are really doing is just <deleted> everything up and the roaches will still be there. 

But beautifully clean....

8 minutes ago, rayw said:

The solution is simple really it is to get the bloody vaccines rolled out quickly and effectively.  This is a problem that can and shouild have beenavoided IMHO as we should have imported available inexp[ensive vaccines way back in February and March so the problem falls squarely at teh feet of the government for failing in this important task.  Surely if it is lack of money then why not raise a Covod tax form those who are rivh enought to afford it and there are many of those in Thailand, some of whom have IMHO immorally made lots of money out of this pandemic, or they couild hjave diverted funds from other less importnat and less urgent projects

I still do not see Sputnik V vaccine even authorised here yet ????  I believe there is plentiful supply of this excellent viral vector vaccine from Russia.  Indeed Sputnik V came out near the top in peer review testing many months ago and is not what is a bloody dangerous experimental mRNA type vaccine.  Surely this cannot be political to appease the anti Russian criminal mafia gang in Washington else they would not have brought in the Chineses good safe deactivated virus cell vaccines, which are by the way highly effective against hospitalisations and death.  Certainly there is no time for childish political games anywhere in the world right now whilst this pandemic is still taking a hold over ourlives with its Delta variant now rife and spreading in Thailand and many other corners of the World.  And they wonder why so few of us trust politicians today !!

The problem is simple. The solution is difficult given the scarcity of most vaccines. And no, supplies of Sputnik aren't plentiful.

Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine is falling short of its delivery commitments

https://fortune.com/2021/06/30/russias-sputnik-v-vaccine-delivery-production-guatemala-philippines-mexico-argentina-putin/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

That is so funny, seriously, a head Security guard, man you have wicked sense of humour ????, on a more serious point, most western countries have for want of a better expression ' a figurehead ' minister in charge of ministries, they are normally well educated intelligent people who have a whole host of professional advisors behind them, like Doctors for health, accountants & others for the treasury, and so it goes on and on, unfortunately it would appear that in Thailand they don't have any subject experts so dickwads like anutin ( I didn't capitalize his name on purpose ) just say whatever comes into their vacant heads ????????????

Spot on, PLUS, in the West, Government  advisers and true experts will speak their minds and "go public" if they disagree with ministers. I somehow feel that might not be the case in Thailand.

Now where's the Thai version of Dominic Cummings?  ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

<snip>

Asto why wait 2 months. Simple if you lock everyone in how are you going to vaccinate them?

Assuming that was a serious, rather than a "tongue in cheek" question, journeys to be vaccinated would be regarded as essential, or at least one would hope so.

I'm sick and tired of reading all these lies from these government officials, ether they don't care about there own people ,same as in my country Belgium. First fill up there own pockets and then we will see is there motto.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Yes 55,000 cases a day last weekend.

Read what the chart says it refers to Deaths from Covid in the UK. The vaccines mean that Covid cases become generally no worse than a common cold or mild flu as teh considerable data clearly indicates and thus no need for lockdown to protect against that of course.  It is primarily the unvaccinated who are getting serious Covid 19 illness and death now and in the UK that is now rapidly becoming only those who ill advisedly choose not to accept the free vaccines (wish that could be the case here in Thailand too !!).  If people choose not to be vaccinated it si on their shoulders and we should not have any lockdowns to protect the sensible from the misguided fools.

Heck even the bloody experimental and iMHO dangertous mRNA vaccines actually do show they work for now at protecting against the serious effects of Covid 19 but what the long term effects of this vaccine will have with its DNA interfering technology is unknown and without the fat cat big pharma profit motives and corrupt lobbyng it would surely not have been authorised and distributed yet except for controlled clinical human trials. 

I actually truly hope this mRNA technology will, after several years of carefully analysing its possible long term effects, prove to be a miraacle technology for the real benefit of the human race and not a quite possible ticking time bomb. Of course then it must be forced to be issued everywhere as a generic safe wonder drug available and affordable for all.  But for now I certainly do not want to risk being a human guinea pig thanks and would not accept an mRNA vaccine if they paid me a lot of money.  I will sensibly stick to viral vector vaccines (AZ, Sputnik V) or preferably traditional much much safer tried and tested deactivated virus cell type vaccines like Sinovac and Sinopharm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The problem is simple. The solution is difficult given the scarcity of most vaccines. And no, supplies of Sputnik aren't plentiful.

Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine is falling short of its delivery commitments

https://fortune.com/2021/06/30/russias-sputnik-v-vaccine-delivery-production-guatemala-philippines-mexico-argentina-putin/

But there are plentiful suppl;ies of SInovac andSinopharm so why are these not more fullyavailable as I am fidning it still next to impossible to get one of those vaccines and yet I am over 75, and with diabetes 2 and CKD, in the most vulnerable groups.  Trouble is I understand that Sputnik V is not even authorised here yet and we are not even on the pending delivery list of any outstanding orders of Sputnik V and that is IMHO unforgivable. If we had ordered sufficient vaccines from overseas montghs ago then the shortage of supplies would have been the problem not the fault of the Thai Government in placing insufficient orders.  Certainly I believe that no orders have been placed for the well recognised and highly rated Sputnik V.  Why ????

Edited by rayw
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rayw said:

But there are plentiful suppl;ies of SInovac andSinopharm so why are these not more fullyavailable as I am fidning it still next to impossible to get one of those vaccines and yet I am over 75, and with diabetes 2 and CKD, in the most vulnerable groups.  Trouble is I understand that Sputnik V is not even authorised here yet and we are not even on the pending delivery list of any outstanding orders of Sputnik V and that is IMHO unforgivable. If we had ordered sufficient vaccines from overseas montghs ago then the shortage of supplies would have been the problem not the fault of the Thai Government in placing insufficient orders.  Certainly I believe that no orders have been placed for the well recognised and highly rated Sputnik V.  Why ????

Well, at least for same reason that orders weren't placed for other vaccines. But as is noted, Sputnik is behind in fulfilling orders that were placed. At least Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J are keeping up with their orders.

12 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Didn’t work the first 3 times... I know, let’s do it again!

Definition of Insanity 

Worked last 3 times to keep the cases down; then the authority dropped the ball and Delta sneak in from Thong Lor and will be the dominant variant very soon. Much more transmissble, therefore the need for strict lowdown. Don't favour a complete lockdown.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

The virus will run through the population, lockdown or not, and this new wave will be over in 2 months, like it happened in India. Overwhelming majority of people will not die from this virus. This is a crisis of critical thinking and failed math education on a global scale.

people wants zero risk these days, unless there is something we don't know and governments are panicking over it because assumed as an attack,

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Impossible... maybe fake news??? The PM said we will reopen the whole country for tourists at 1st October... and now maybe a full lockdown??What will the thousands of tourists who are planning to come to Thailand in October deal with that??? And besides that in 2 months .. how many cases and deaths there will be a day? Maybe better to wait for next year to implant measures to prevent worse

They dont think like that. They see money in their eyes instead of dead people

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, club said:

They dont think like that. They see money in their eyes instead of dead people

Nooo..  That's just the ruse.  They have no intention of opening up for tourism.  None.  It's PR for the people to not riot.

There is no getting rid of covid..  If they use it as an excuse at a paltry 100 (average age 78 btw, same as non covid deaths), you think they gonna give it up when they can start saying 200 people WITH (Not FROM) covid dying per day?  No way.

Even they are smart enough to not just say: "We are gonna bleed everything out till we own everything and have absolute control."

Most of you think they are inept.  

Hardly.

They are laughing all the way to totalitarianism and land ownership.

this extends to many governments now, not just here.

Covid is their ultimate EXCUSE to do what they are doing.  Covid safety is not the reason.

Keep calling them fools while they distract you with their left hand while the right hand takes everything you hold dear.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1